Only Us

Meet and Greet

A/N: We are near the end people!

Enjoy!

---------------------------

What if it's you, dnd what if it's me
And what if that's all that we need it to be
And the rest of the world falls away?
What do you say?

“I used every scrap of strength I had to claw my way out that bathroom, Jennie.” Chaeyoung tells the brunette. “I just wanted to get to my phone, so I could get to you. I couldn’t make it. My arms gave out. I was weak because that’s what this disease has made me,”

“You’re not weak.” Jennie tells her. “All of this could’ve been avoided, Chae. Tonight could’ve been so much easier if you had told me you were having symptoms instead of lying to me.”

The vocalist looks down, playing with the sheets. “I couldn’t watch you leave me. I watched it with Hyeri, and I know it’s going to happen with you too.” She frowns. “Just go ahead and make your exit so I can start getting over you.”

Jennie frowns, scuffing at the blonde’s word. “Chaeyoung, don’t you dare say I’m going to leave you.” She tells her, upset that the vocalist would think otherwise. “I’m not running away. I’m in this now, and I’m never running away from you.”

“Why? Why bother with me?”

“Because I love you!” Jennie exclaims. “That’s what you do when you love someone. You bother with them!”

Chaeyoung shakes her head, her gaze glued to her hands. Her mood sour. A long pause seeps in the room.

“What if I don’t love you?”

Jennie walks over and grips Chaeyoung’s face in her hands, forcing her to look at her. The vocalist's eyes filled with sadness.

“Say it again, Park Chaeyoung.” Jennie demands. “Tell me you don’t love me. Look me in the eyes and tell me that, and I’ll leave right now.” She was gazing straight into her eyes, heart almost beating out of her chest.

 

The brunette holds her breath as she waits anxiously for the answer. The vocalist's eyes are filled with sadness as one tear falls from Chaeyoug’s eyes, ripping her apart.

“I can’t do that.”

Jennie released a breath she did not know she was holding, feeling relief after hearing Chaeyoung’s answer.

Her hands continued to caress Chaeyoung’s cheeks softly. “Believe that I love you, Rosie. Believe that I love you enough to stick with you, no matter what.” She tells her. “I can’t have you keeping secrets. I don’t care if you think it’s for my own good.” One of her hands travels down her arm to hold one of the vocalist’s hands while the other tucks a strand of loose hair behind her ear. “Relationships are built on honesty, and I need you to promise that’s what you’ll give me.”

The vocalist looks at her, and the pain and vulnerability reflected in them was breaking Jennie’s heart. She wondered just who would walk away from this wonderful human being?

“Can you guarantee that?” She asked. “Can you promise to always tell me the truth from now on?”

“And you won’t leave?” The girl asked quietly.

“I won’t. You need to trust me enough to know that I’m in this with you.”

Chaeyoung looks away. It was as if she was too ashamed to look at Jennie in the eye.

“If we’re going to do this together, I’m going to need to know everything.”

“Do what together?”

“Fight this. I need to know what this disease means for you. For us.”

Chaeyoung looks away, her face shifts towards anger. “I won’t do this.” She said coldly. “I won’t become your patient. I can’t,”

“My patient? What are you talking about?”

“MS doesn’t have a guidebook, Jennie.” Chaeyoung said as she looked at Jennie with frustration in her eyes. “I don’t get to predict what happens to me, and I’m not going to burden you with that.”

“I can take care of you, Chae.”

“I’m not your sister, Jennie.” She tells her, frustrated that the brunette didn’t seem to get what she was trying to say. “Don’t you get it? Don’t you see that I want to be the one who takes care of you!”

Chaeyoung’s words hit her like a ton of bricks. So this was about pride? And using Jennie’s sister against her?

“You don’t need to look after me.” Jennie said, jaw tight. “I can take care of myself.”

“Are you saying I can’t?”

“I’m saying you’re sick, and I want to help you.” Jennie clarifies, frustration building up.

“I don’t want to make you do that!” Chaeyoung replied, her voice rising a bit. “I don’t want to become another problem for you. I’m supposed to make your life easier, not harder.” She took a deep breath, trying to keep calm. “This disease is my problem. I should never have let it become yours.”

Jennie’s heart drops to her stomach then. “What are you saying?”

“I’m saying you should leave.”

The brunette gasps, This was ridiculous. How could Chaeyoung think she would let this end the,? How could she think she would just leave right now?

“You can’t mean that.”

Chaeyoung tightens her jaw and takes a deep breath. “I do. I’m not putting you through this.”

“Chaeyoung, I’m not leaving.”

“You are. I’m telling you to go.”

Jennie looks at Chaeyoung but the woman looks away, refusing to look at her. Tears pool in the brunette’s eyes and shakes head as she walks to the door. She gives one last look to the vocalist before leaving and shutting the door behind her.

She gets out into the hallway and leans against the wall, hand of her chest, breathing heavily, still processing the conversation. Chaeyoung just told her to go, she brought up her sister and compared her to her ex all in one single conversation. She chose to have their relationship end rather than giving them a chance to see if they could work through this.

Why would she just give up like that?

How dare she treat her this way? There’s nothing Jennie keeps from her, and yet, she kept important things from her. She was taking it all out on her.

Huffing as her sadness turns to anger, she wipes her tears and walks down the hallway, her eyes glued to the floor as she rushes toward the exit.

“Ms. Kim!”

Jennie gasps as a camera is stuffed in her face.

“Is Rosé okay? Can you tell me what happened?”

“I…”

“Is it true she collapsed? Were drugs involved?”

This was the last thing Jennie wanted to deal with this.

“Can you get the hell out my face?” Jennie said, shoving the guy. “What’s going on here is private. Please respect that.”

“Rosé is a public figure, sweetheart. Everyone wants to know what happened.”

“People can mind their own damn business. Now get the hell out before I kick you out myself, sweetheart.”

----------------------------------

Jennie paces back and forth on what she assumes is a private room or something, honestly she doesn’t know where she is, she simply entered a door and walked towards the balcony overlooking the city.

How is this happening to her right now?

Her phone rings and sighs in relief.

“Jisoo.”

“Jendukie, I didn’t think you would answer. I’m just checking in. Are things okay over there?”

Jennie sighs. “Things are definitely not okay.” Tears gathered in her eyes again. “Chaeyoung is fine, but our relationship… not so much.”

“What? Why? Do I need to kick her ?”

The brunette chuckled. “No, but I do need you to remind me that I can handle this.”

“I don’t know what happened to make you question yourself and if Chaeyoung is responsible for this I will kick her .”

Jennie tells her everything that happened, every detail, how painful everything had been.

“The whole thing makes me feel so hurt. Like we thought we were doing great, but all this time she was holding on to this secret.” She took a deep breath. “I gave her everything and she was keeping this huge secret from me. That hurts more than anything she said in that room.”

“I know, Jenduk. You’re right to feel that way. But you need to express that to her so she can address it. You can work this out. Don’t give up just yet.”

“Yeah.” Jennei nods, wiping her tears. “I should probably talk to her.”

“I know you can do this. God help that woman because my friend is a badass who doesn’t take from anyone.”

“Right, I’m a fighter.”

“Yes you are! Chaeyoung made a mistake, but that doesn’t mean you two are right for each other. So go fight for you woman. Tell her how much of an idiot she is for letting you go.”

“I will.”

Jennie hangs up and storms out of the door. The paparazzo immediately stands in her path.

“Ms. Kim! Can I…”

The brunette pushes past the paparazzo without a second glance. “No, you absolutely cannot.”

She continues to walk and makes it to Chaeyoung’s hospital room and doesn’t bother knocking but rather storms in closing the door behind her. Chaeyoung looks at her, opens to speak.

“You will shut up, and you will listen to me.” Jennie ordered, she moves to the side of the ed and stands over her, her arms crossed. “First, you will never use my sister against me ever again. It was a move to do after everything I’ve been through.I will never allow you to hurt me like that again.”

“I didn’t…”

“No.” She puts her finger to Chaeyoung’s lips, silencing her. “You don’t get to talk this time.”

The aussie nods and puts her hands up.

“Good. This situation is nothing like it was with Ella. I know you’re not her, but it seems like you don’t get that.” She paused as if making sure Chaeyoung was listening. “She was my sister, but she became my entire life when she moved here with me.”

“I can’t have you look at me the way you did.” Chaeyoung speaks out. “Sorry, I know you said you didn’t want me to talk.” She said sheepishly. “But can I please just explain?”

There was a new tone to the vocalist’s voice. It didn’t sound angry or frustrated anymore, she seemed like she was finally ready to be honest and work this out.

Jennie sighs. “Proceed.” She said reluctantly.

“You looked at me like you had to take care of me.” The pinkette started. “Usually, when you look at me, you’re bright and hopeful. When you were here before, your light was gone like I was a dark problem for you to solve.” She explained, watching as Jennie lowered her arms, calming down. “I know your sister was your life, but you looked at me the same way you looked at her.”

Jennie shakes her head internally and rolls her eyes. She couldn’t be more wrong. That was not it at all. Why is her girlfriend stupid?

Okay, so maybe she doesn’t mean that, but she was frustrated damn it.

“I was essentially Ella’s parent. She was a kid when she was diagnosed, so I had to be the adult.” Jennie explained. “You’re a grown- woman with a family that loves and supports you. I was her everything, Rose. She had no other support system. You do. I’m just asking to be a part of it. Do you think you could let me do that?”

“I don’t know.” Chaeyoung said softly.

“I want to be your partner, your teammate…” Jennie said just as softly “I want to lean on me and then hold me up when I’m falling.” She moves closer to the vocalists, sitting down on a chair beside her, taking her weak hand in hers. “This is not pity. It’s love.”

Tears gather in Chaeyoung's eyes as a lone tear falls down. “I’m so sorry, Jennie. I never wanted to hurt you like this.”

The brunette wipes her hand and softly wipes away the tear. “I don’t think you mean to hurt me, but you did. You told me to leave.”

“I know.” Chaeyoung replied. “I didn’t think you were coming back. I couldn’t handle the thought that I might have lost you for good.”

“Oh yeah and that’s another thing.” Jennie said, her frustration rising up again. “I’m not my ex or your ex. I get that you have issues, I have issues but it’s unfair to say I’ll behave like them.” She said. “Not only did you compare me to Hyeri, but also made me Kai in the same breath.” Jennie Sighed. “I hate her for what she did to you, but if you don’t see the differences between us, then we should end things now.”

Chaeyoung she shakes her head and takes a deep breath “Jesus. I’m just ing up left and right. I shouldn’t have said any of those things to you. I was pissed off at myself, and I needed to give you a reason to walk away.” She said, placing her other hand on top of Jennie’s. “But the truth is, I don’t ever want you to leave.”

“Chae, I’m never walking away from you.” Jennie tells her with her heart on her sleeve, hoping that the other girl could see her honesty. “Unless is to take a breath before I kick your .”

The vocalist chuckled. “You are welcome to do that anytime.”

“I’m in this for the on haul, Rosie. I want to stay with you.” She leans down and kisses Chaeyoung on the cheek. “I want to fight this with you. She hovers above her lips, their noses touching. She kisses her lightly on the lips and the vocalist sighs against .

“I want us to be together.” She leans in again and kisses her deeper. Chaeyoung’s hands curl around her shoulders. “I want you, Chaeyoung.” She whispered. “So tell me what do you want?”

“You. I want you.”

We can try that, You and me
That's all that we need it to be
And the rest of the world falls away
And the rest of the world falls away