o6. Our First Secret

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Six
Our First Secret

“So you work here?” Baekhyun slowly turns his head to look at her.

Jina suddenly felt like something is blocking that no sound came out from her lips. She didn’t imagine someone from her school will come to a bar as this place does not accept students. “What are you doing here? How did you get inside?”

He takes the glass of wine and takes a small sip. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that? Why are you working in a place like this?”

“Excuse me.” A guy squeezes himself behind Jina that he accidentally pushed her and ended up in between Baekhyun’s legs while he just leans back just a little, slightly raising his arms up not wanting to make any unnecessary touch on any part of her body.

Baekhyun looks down at her and she turns her head to look at him. Jina quickly pushed herself away from him and swallows hard. “L-Let’s talk later.”

“Hey, Jina. Bucket of beer.” The bartender said.

She looks at Baekhyun one more time who is just casually sipping his wine and takes the bucket of beer before heading to the group of people who ordered it and she quickly makes her way back to the bar where Baekhyun is sitting. “Can you please come with me? Outside?”

Baekhyun just looks at her. “If you want to say something, just say it here.”

A drunk guy suddenly slides himself in between Jina and Baekhyun, purposely brushing himself against Jina’s back making her sigh in annoyance as it’s been happening to her since she started working here. She’s about to confront the guy when Baekhyun forcefully grabs the back of his shirt and yanks him back startling Jina.

The guy laughs as if it’s all a joke and pats Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Why are so tense? Don’t worry, I can share.” His laugh ticked Baekhyun off even more and slowly turns his head to glare at him.

“What?” Baekhyun asked in annoyance, taking a few more fabric in his hand and slowly chokes the guy using his shirt by gripping tightly onto it. “Can you repeat what you just said? I did not hear you.”

The guy coughs and as if he was drenched with cold water the guy taps on Baekhyun’s strong arm. “S-Sorry.”

Jina frowns, “Stop. What are you doing?”

Baekhyun finally releases his hold on his shirt.

“Can you please come outside with me?” she pleads and leans over the table. “Mr. Han, I will go outside for a moment.” She glares at Baekhyun one more time and her head telling him to go outside with her. Baekhyun finally stands up from his seat and follows Jina quietly.

They arrive at the back of the bar in a dark alley. “I don’t know how you got inside. A fake ID or whatever, but… can you keep this a secret?” she looks at him who is just leaning against the wall. “Did you hear me?”

No one can know she works at the bar as a waitress, she can’t let herself fall into deeper embarrassment at her school. That she’d go do something illegal by faking her age just to earn money.

“What’s in it for me?” He asked, his facial expression not even changing.

“I can’t get expelled at school. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. Can’t you just help a struggling classmate out? It’s just a probably a small request for you.”

“What’s in it for me?” He asked again, tone not changing.

“You sound like the bullies at school.” She sighs and looks at him. “What’s so hard about keeping a secret?”

“Everything about it is hard.” Knowing it to well, those came out too sincere and serious. 

Jina stares at him and shakes her head, “Just this one. I won’t ask you anything else. Please.” She opens the door back inside the bar and closes it while Baekhyun just stands there, slipping his hand inside his pockets.

“What a powerful word…” Baekhyun leans against the wall. He turns his head when Jina walks back to him, still frowning.

Jina suddenly punched him on his arm. “I told you. Stop getting into my business. I don’t need your pity or help.” She makes her way back inside the bar while Baekhyun follows her with his gaze.

Reaching for his arm where she punched her, he chuckles softly. “That was the first.” *I let my guard down for a simple punch.* He walks back inside the bar, his eyes instantly looks for Jina who is attending to orders of the other customers, wearing a skirt shorter than what she wears at school.

Baekhyun gets back on the stool to finish his wine and glances at Jina again and they met each other’s eyes but Jina looks away almost instantly. A girl smirks and sultrily stands close to Baekhyun. Her perfume with a sweet apple top note overpowers the smell of the other liquors inside.

“So, you came. Are you alone?” she asked.

Jina swallows hard as she stands behind the girl and pretends that Baekhyun isn’t there at all and asks for another order from the bartender and she waits for him to finish the drink.

He keeps his eyes locked on Jina. “Yeah, I’m alone. Wanna spend the night with me instead of staying in a place like this?”

With how close Jina is with them, she could clearly hear their conversation and she continues to ignore him. She takes the order from the bartender and quickly makes her way to the customers waiting.

--

After her working hours at the bar, Jina changes her clothes and she starts walking with Yeonwoo to the bus station until she notices someone from the other side of the road.

Jina crosses the road and her eyes meets Baekhyun’s while a girl is hugging his arm like a leech.

Baekhyun and Jina ignored each other as they walk pass by each other.

Jina stops from walking for a moment when she reached the other side of the road, she looks at Baekhyun who continues to walk with the girl. “Is he doing something…I thought his girlfriend is Risa. Just ignore her Jina.” She shakes the thoughts off her head.

“So, Jina. Should we eat some spicy rice cakes?” Yeonwoo asked.

She nods her head and they continue to walk. Jina turns her head back and watches

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter