o7. Best Advice

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Seven
Best Advice

“Stand up! How can you not avoid a single punch?” Baekhyun’s father growls and stands upright in front of a young Baekhyun who is lying down on the practice match, panting heavily, body aching due to the training he’s been having since that morning.

Baekhyun slowly stands up and tries to land another punch towards his father but he fails, falling back on the mat.

Baekhyun’s father crouches down while glaring at him, gripping onto his martial arts uniform and lifts him up. “You will never ask for someone’s help. You only have yourself. Remember that.”

--

Baekhyun continues to stare at Jina who is now lying on the bed.

“Hello?”

He snaps out of his daze and glances at the nurse who called his attention.

“She’s going to be okay. You can go back to your classroom now.”

He leaves the clinic without saying another word and the nurse watches him leave.

After a couple of minutes, Jina groans in her sleep and her eyes fluttered open and the first thing that she see is the ceiling of a familiar room. Her head aches and she notices she has an IV on before slowly sitting up. She looks around and sees the nurse typing something on her keyboard. “Do you think this is a hotel, Ms. Jina? I can’t remember how many times you ended up waking up here.”

She chuckles shyly and looks at the nurse. “So, where did you see me lying down this time?”

“An interesting guy carried you here.”

Jina’s smile disappears hearing what the nurse said. Since Jina’s always been bullied, when she’s feeling sick or ill, a student will just tell the nurse about her condition and the nurse will come and pick her up. This is the first time someone actually carried her inside the clinic.

“An interesting guy carried me here?” Jina asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, a handsome one.” The nurse shows her two thumbs up as she stands up from her chair and carries a tray with a full meal and bottle of water. “And please, Jina. Don’t starve yourself and drink water! You’re going to kill yourself.”

Jina smiles and dips her head to thank the nurse. She stares at the food and soon picks up the chopsticks and start to eat while she sighs in content at the taste. It’s been awhile since the last time she ate a full meal. She looks at her. “Did you see his name?”

The nurse shakes her head and gives Jina some tissue. “He wasn’t wearing his nametag though. But it’s the first time I’ve seen his face. Must be a new student.”

*New student? Is she talking about Baekhyun?* she continues to eat and finish her water as well.

While Jina is having her lunch inside the clinic, Risa and Baekhyun is sharing a table eating their meals.

They are eating quietly while Risa clasps her hands together and looks at him. “How did you know that it was a prank for me?” She asked while Baekhyun looks up at her and takes a small sip of his drink first.

“There were flour all over the gift wrapper and one of your friends looks overly excited than anyone else. She kept exchanging glances with the guy so I thought something was off.” He simply explained and continues to eat. “You should be more observant of your surroundings. Sometimes, the ones closest to you will the first one to betray you.”

Risa nods her head and smiles to herself. “I’m glad you’re the one who my father got.”

Baekhyun loses his appetite after hearing what Risa said as if he’s some kind of a material. He leans against his seat and just waits for Risa to finish her meal. He checks on his phone and looks once more at his new assignment. *I should get this done tonight.*

After a couple of hours, Jina feels so much better and she heads back to her classroom and good thing the lunch isn’t over yet. She settles down on her seat and looks beside her. Looking at Baekhyun’s bag and his seat. *Was it just a coincidence? Your bag and you catching me when I fainted?*

The noises from the corridor can know be heard and Jina quickly rests her head on the desk so she can pretend t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter