20. His Affection

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Twenty
His Affection

The next day, Jina scheduled this day to visit her mother and pay for the bill for this month. After washing and taking a bath, she wears her clothes and her eyes lands on the pair of shoes Baekhyun gave her as gift and her heart skipped a beat inside her chest. “I will not meet him anyways, right? Yeah, it’s better than wearing something worn off.” She crouches down and wears the shoes as her cheeks feels like burning, “Yeah, let’s be practical, Jina.”

Jina straightens herself up and slaps her cheeks to compose herself. *I have more important things to think of.* She heads outside and her heart felt like it jumped out of her chest seeing Baekhyun coming up from the stairs just in time, bringing a paper bag that seemed to be breakfast.

Baekhyun start to walk closer and his eyes lands on the shoes she’s wearing and was about to say something but seeing how JIna looks shy, he just kept it to himself. “Going somewhere? It’s weekend.”

“Yeah, what are you doing here?” Jina tried to act as if nothing happened last night, she must try to act the same way as before.

He lifts up the paperbag, “Breakfast.”

*Was he planning on having breakfast with me?* “Uhm, I know. Just eat it here then.” She points the table where they ate last night. “I need to do something important.”

Baekhyun’s eyes suddenly changed and JIna’s eyes widened as if her mental state was telling her how Baekhyun looked so cute looking like a disappointed puppy who didn’t get to play with his person. *Jina!*

“Where are you going? Let me give you a ride.” He offered.

“No thanks, I need to do a lot of things. You’re probably busy.”

Baekhyun shrugs, “I have all the time today. I’m planning to spend this day with you.” He casually said.

Jina laughs awkwardly, “Yeah, right. Bye.” She starts walking and passes by him but Baekhyun follows behind until they reach the ground floor. She stops from walking and turns around to look at Baekhyun who is taking a bite of the bread he bought. “Are you following me?”

“Try to stop me if you can.” He smiles softly.

Jina just remembered the exact words that came out from Baekhyun’s lips last night and she groans, shaking her head. She knows that arguing with someone like him will be pointless. She continues on her way to get her pay from her last part time and stands at the bus stop to wait.

Baekhyun just casually stands beside her. He looks down at her shoes. “Is the size okay?” he blurted out of the blue making Jina feel embarrassed. “Tell me, okay? I’ll get you a new one if this is making you uncomfortable.”

“No, thanks.”

“So where are we going?” He asked.

Jina forced a smile. “Somewhere.”

“Okay. So, this is the kind of date you want, huh. You like adventure.”

Jina frowns and sighs heavily, shaking her head trying to ignore Baekhyun but she feels like she’s having panic attack because her heart is racing inside her chest. “I’m going to ignore you for the rest of the day, so if you don’t like that, feel free to leave.”

The bus finally arrives and Jina steps inside, scanning her transportation card.

“Hey, Ms.” The driver called Jina before she could take down her seat. “You boyfriend here said the payment for his fare is with you. Don’t disturb everyone else and scan it.”

Baekhyun grins and continues to walk inside, passing by Jina to walks back to scan her card again and bows to the driver to apologize and walks back to an empty seat. Baekhyun gestures for her to take her seat while standing and holding the handle for balance.

She takes her seat and places her back on her lap as she looks outside the window. Ignoring Baekhyun, she takes out her bank passbook and checks the balance. A long sigh escaped her lips and closes it before putting it back inside her bag.

Baekhyun who noticed the look on face, smiles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter