12. Only You

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Twelve
Only You

 

“Oh, wait! Mister!” Jina gasps as he falls on the ground and she crouches down immediately to check his pulse and gently lays him down on the ground and to her surprise, it’s Baekhyun. “B-Baekhyun?” she quickly places her finger under his nose and he’s still breathing.

Jina hears a phone ringing inside the car and she quickly reaches for it, not reading the name on whose calling she just answers it due to urgency. *It must be his driver.*

“Yes, Mr. Baekhyun? I apologize I wasn’t able to answer your call I was having a meeting—”

“Uhm, no. This is Han Jina. I’m Baekhyun’s classmate. He passed out and I’m planning to call an ambulance. We’re here at ***** Street, in front of the ***** noodle restaurant.” She calmly says and quickly uses her phone to talk to the emergency hotline, Jina ends the call and checks on Baekhyun again.

She looks behind and her elderly boss walks out of the restaurant to look for her after hearing the small commotion outside from the other customers. “Oh my goodness! What happened here?”

“He’s my classmate. I think he’s sick and he passed out. Ambulance is coming any minute now.” She explained and the elderly nods his head as he heads back inside to get a bottle of water for him. Jina moves and she sits on the ground, gently putting Baekhyun’s head on her lap as they wait for the ambulance.

Jina notices something on his hand she leans in to look at it. Blood trickling down to his fingertips but before Jina could check, Baekhyun who is slightly awake pulls his arm to hide it startling Jina. “I’m okay.” He mumbles, voice weak.

“You’re not. What are you talking about? The ambulance and your driver is on the way to get you.”

Baekhyun winces and he slowly gets up Jina looking at him in worry and places her hand on his back to support him but Baekhyun raises his hand telling her to don’t touch him. Jina pulls her hands back. He notices how Jina reacted and his expression softens, not wanting her to misunderstand, but the ambulance arrives at the same as his driver.

She stands up and waves her hands as the medic gets right into action. The driver talks to the medical staffs and dips his head. Baekhyun lays down on the stretcher and Jina watches him and at the same time, Baekhyun turns his head to look at Jina.

“Oh it’s you again. Thank you for calling me.” He dips his head and Jina dips her head as well. “I’ll be taking the car now. Thank you once again.” He gets into Baekhyun’s car and Jina just nods her head and watches him leave.

With a confused look on her face, Jina sighs softly. “What could have happened to him to be that hurt? He seemed to be a strong guy.”

The customers who also walked outside to look comes back inside the restaurant. “Jina, do you need to follow them?” She slowly straightens herself up and shakes her head, heading back inside to help with the restaurant, cleaning the tables and serving some noodles. “No, it’s okay. He’s not that severely injured.”

“Oh okay.” The elderly puts the bottle of water back to the refrigerator.

Jina looks behind and watches the ambulance leave before getting back to work.

After a couple of working hours, Jina sighs heavily as she settles down on one of the chairs inside the restaurant and the elderly serves her one bowl of noodles and she smiles softly, glancing at him. “Thank you so much.”

“After you eat, finish the dishes and close the restaurant, hmm? Thanks for your hard work today.” He smiles and wears his hat. “Don’t you need to visit your friend at the hospital?” he asked and Jina suddenly remembered Baekhyun. “Just remember to lock the restaurant and your room.”

Jina nods her head and she looks at the noodles, taking in a deep breath as she remembers Baekhyun who looks sick and in a lot of pain. “I’m pretty sure his driver is there to help him.” She starts eating, head full of mixed thoughts.

She finishes the rest of the dishes, making sure everything is off including the gas range before heading

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter