18. Can't Help It

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Eighteen
Can't help it

The next school day, Jina looks around for any sign of Baekhyun as she didn’t want to interact with him at school especially when Risa and Joon is around.

She notices Risa smiling and talking with Baekhyun as they enter the school. She doesn’t know why but she suddenly feel a little hurt by the fact that Risa is still closer to him.

Baekhyun isn’t paying attention to her at all and instead, he looks around for Jina until he notices her changing her old and worn out rubber shoes to the school’s white shoes at the locker. He’s about to walk towards her but Jina immediately leaves the locker area.

He stops from walking and notices something on the ground. It’s Jina’s wallet. He picks it up and looks around for her but she’s already gone. He keeps it for a moment and finishes his lunch, slightly losing his appetite, he looks at Jina’s wallet again, looking at the tulips keychain.

A small card drops. He picks it up and read what’s written on it.

A hand crafted small invitation.

“Invitation to Jina’s Birthday Party today at her apartment’s rooftop! Don’t be late.”

He raises his head up when Risa bends to catch his attention. “Hey, so are you going to have dinner with me today?”

Baekhyun slides the card back inside her wallet and stands up. “Sorry, no.”

“But why? Are you going to do something important today?”

“Yeah, very important.”

Risa frowns and watches Baekhyun leave the cafeteria.

After lunch break, Baekhyun slowly approaches Jina to give her wallet but she stands up from her seat, ignoring Baekhyun and walks pass by him to get changed and get ready for their physical education class.

Jina looks behind her and sighs softly. Getting involved with Baekhyun again is something she needs to avoid.

After changing her uniform. Jina takes out her old and slightly ruined rubber shoes. She takes it first and settles down on the floor, taking out a super glue that was also kept inside the locker to hopefully stick the sole back to its place. “Yeah, Jina. You don’t have the luxury anymore to buy a new shoes. This will be okay.”

Someone stands in front of her, blocking the lights and she looks at his feet before looking up. It’s Baekhyun who crouches in front of her, taking the superglue from her hands as well as th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter