19. Falling Again

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Nineteen
Falling Again

Baekhyun already finds himself helping Ha Young set up a small table outside Jina’s apartment. “How did you know its Jina’s birthday today? She never tells anyone about her birthday though.”

“I just accidentally found out about it.”

“Jina hates celebrating her birthday though. I’m just the only one who keeps on wanting to celebrate it with her.” Ha Young says as she places a grill at the center of the table. Baekhyun didn’t ask why but he’s curious asked why by exchanging glances with her. “It’s the day where her family got into an accident. The day her father was killed and the day her mother lost her sanity.”

Baekhyun just stopped from moving and just stares at her. Just hearing about it is enough to make his chest feels heavy.

Ha Young glances at him, “Don’t tell her that I told you about it, okay? That’s why I’m trying my best to celebrate it with her. I want her to forget the painful memory on her birthday and change into happy ones.”

On the other hand, Ha Young prepares the plates this time as Baekhyun just kept quiet. “I also know that she’s still a student and that she’s been struggling that’s why she ended up working at the bar with me. I want her to be the one who will tell me. Because I want to know when she’ll trust me fully as her friend. I guess she can’t trust anyone anymore, huh?”

He looks at her who smiles at him. “Thank you for looking out for her.”

Baekhyun just nods his head. *She’s more mature than what I’ve imagined.*

“Oh no, I forgot to buy some rice. Can you stop by the convenience store and buy some instant rice?” she grabs her bag to get some money but before she could even hand him the money, Baekhyun is already walking. She grins. “He’s perfect for my Jina.”

Jina arrives at her place and looks up to notice some lights at the rooftop and she chuckles, shaking her head, knowing that it’s probably Ha Young who prepared her another surprise.

She heads upstairs and confetti pops a genuine smile forms her lips, “Ha Young, you don’t really have to…” her smile fades when she saw Baekhyun holding one of the confetti too.

“Happy birthday, Jina!” Ha Young squeals and wraps her arms around her neck to give her a warm hug. Jina hugs her back but her eyes are glued on Baekhyun.

“What is he doing here?” she asked.

Ha Young pulls away and gazes at her, thinking of a reason for her not to push Baekhyun away. “Well, I heard that he also works at another part-time job that you have. He seem to know you well so I invited him over too!”

Jina is obviously taken aback, “Ah, yeah he is. But how did he know it’s my birthday. I didn’t tell him about it.”

“I saw a small invitation at your wallet your dropped. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter