16. If it's you

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Sixteen
If it's you

Baekhyun groans in his sleep and he finds himself in a different room. *What… How did I end up here?* He was about to get up when he hears voices behind the curtain.

“He was the one who brought you here last time too. What are the odds, right?” the nurse chuckles softly. “Are you dating or something? Tell me the truth.”

Jina waves her hands dismissively, “No, we’re not. He’s dating someone else from our class.”

Baekhyun hears Jina’s answer and he just stares at the ceiling as much as he doesn’t want eavesdrop, he doesn’t have any other choice but to listen quietly.

“You don’t find him attractive or handsome at all?” the nurse asked as gives one sandwich to Jina who always eats with her during lunch break if she’s free.

Jina dips her head to thank her as she looks at the sandwich, “I find him more mysterious and scary?”

The nurses takes a bite of the sandwich as she listens, “Every girl in this class thinks that way, but he seem closer to you than anyone else in here. You’re really not attracted to him?”

“I don’t know. He’s cold. I’m scared of him.” She takes a bite and chews on it slowly.

He soon slowly sits up on the edge of the bed making that creaking springy noise startling the Nurse and Jina. They exchange that do-you-think-he-heard-us look and Jina places the sandwich on top of the Nurse’s table as she quietly follows behind.

The nurse peeks and sees him sitting already. “Are you feeling better? You have some serious injury there. You should go home and rest.” She suggested. “Let me check your temperature again.” She gets the thermometer, but it’s not working. “I’ll look for batteries. Wait here.”

The nurse leaves the room and Jina watches the nurse leave before she turns her head and finds Baekhyun staring at her. She feels awkward all of a sudden. *I don’t have to leave. I will still eat lunch with the Nurse.* she walks towards him. “Are you feeling okay?”

He just nods his head.

“You should’ve come to school if you’re not feeling better.”

“I was missing someone. I wanted to see her again.” Baekhyun mumbles, quite inaudible for Jina to understand.

She then reaches to touch Baekhyun’s forehead, slipping her soft hand under his bangs to touch his skin and check if he’s still having a fever, but Baekhyun’s eyes only widen in surprise. “I think you still have a fever.”

She’s about to remove her hand when Baekhyun reaches for her hand, holding her wrist as he gaze at her. “Do I scare you too much?” Letting Jina’s hand stay on his forehead.

Jina sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter