Chapter 5

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Jinsol, also known as the most mysterious and quiet student of their batch, always stayed by herself in a corner of their campus daily. Sitting on the ground outside of her classroom, lying on their school’s field or spending her time on the library, Jinsol was just… always alone.

She got the looks and brain, including manners. So even how weird or boring she may look, everyone still wanted to be close to her, either as a friend or more than that. But even how hard people try to approach and knock down the wall around her, no one can break it still.

She reached her last year in high school just like that, alone and rejecting everyone’s attempt to be close to her. She felt bad about rejecting them, but not enough to let her guard down.

Being alone made the young Jinsol comfortable and free from her problems. She was finishing her tasks by her own, passing the requirements without asking for help, and surviving other stuffs just with ony herself. Jinsol was so independent that she always turns down any help that was handed or offered to her.

She can do everything on her own, including her dreams. And that’s what she believed.

Growing up in an orphanage, Jinsol never experienced having a family. The caretaker told Jinsol that she was still a new born when someone left her in front of the orphanage’s gate and have nothing aside of the mantle that was wrapped around her small and fragile body. Understanding and accepting the misfortune of her life, the young lonely girl chose to live by her own instead of staying at the orphanage and depend to the people who runs it.

From the very first start, she was alone, so why would she bother the others to entertain her or help her, right?

But that was just temporary though. Because when she attended a high school party as her usual get away from loneliness, Jinsol met Ha Sooyoung and Jo Haseul, the campus’ crush and Student Council’s President.

She was sipping on her beer cup that night, sitting on the corner and completely avoiding every other guest, Jinsol just distanced herself from the crowd. Her schoolmates still invite her even though she doesn’t interact with them, and she can’t understand why.

Maybe they were just too kind or felt pity towards her. Either way, she still thanked them in her mind for the free drinks.

When the lonely high school student in blue hoodie and black pants was about to leave the messy and full of sweat place, someone suddenly stop her by touching her shoulder and made her look back.

There were they, the long straight haired senior and shorter one.

Tilting her head towards the two, Jinsol wondered why the other two graduating students approached her. “Uhm.. How may I help you?”

“Woah. You’re so formal.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter