Chapter 2

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since she was a child, Jungeun dreamt of having a happy and perfect relationship with her ideal partner. An almost fairy tale like, she wanted for their love story. Getting married in middle 20’s, saying I do’s at a beach or garden with flowery set up, Jungeun even listed what she want for her future wedding.

No one can say something about Jungeun’s dream, as everyone wants to have those love stories too. Who wouldn’t, right? Being happily married and watch your little version run with your partner in life, every single human desires that. Including the tsundere chic Kim Jungeun.

Yet everything changed when she started attending law school in her early age (she was still in her 20 years of existence when she graduated college and decided to pursue her dreams to become a lawyer), Jungeun stopped dreaming about having a partner.

After years of studying and rubbing her nose to the thick books she was reading about law, Jungeun became the valedictorian and to everyone’s expectation, she also topped her bar exam. Being their batch’s top one and perfect scorer, Jungeun got public’s attention, especially rich ones who wanted her to be their company’s defendant.

But too much everyone’s surprise, the young rising attorney of Los Angeles announced the huge news of being pregnant. The news spread wildly like fire and shocked the people who follow her from the very start of her journey. And that includes her best friend since God knows when, Kim Jiwoo.

Jungeun can still remember how her oh-so-dear friend shoots her with many questions and threats about killing the” guy” who “impregnated” her without introducing himself to Jiwoo. The young lawyer threw the subject away immediately by explaining that she got pregnant by another woman through a treatment (or more on an experiment) that caused the younger Kim to almost faint.

“Jungeun, are you nuts?! Stop telling nonsense and tell me who impregnated you! Did he run away after finding that you’re pregnant? Did he-“ The pregnant woman interrupted her best friend’s screaming by shoving a slice of pizza on Jiwoo’s mouth.

“Stop screaming, Jiwoo. And I’m not telling nonsense nor joking. If you want, we can visit my Ob-Gyn. I’m sure Doctor Jo can explain more and better than what I did earlier.” Jungeun stood up from the couch in their apartment and walked towards the front door but stopped when she felt her best friend didn’t follow her. “So?”

Jiwoo saw her pregnant best friend turned around and raising her eyebrow, it hit the red head that Jungeun was indeed being serious. “…. Fine, just make sure that you’ll list me as your baby’s beautiful god mother.”

“Sure, Wooming.”

_

“How’s your meeting, Jungie?” Jungeun was greeted by her best friend slash secretary’s concern look and question after she arrived to her law firm building.

After giving birth and months of resting, the young lawyer immediately grabbed the opportunity that one of the biggest companies offered to her, be their lawyer for two years. And in exchange, they will give her everything she wants. So Jungeun asked for a fund that can support her for building her own law firm.

Aside of being in middle class family, she also saved up some fortune for her future when she was still studying and everything paid off successfully. Just like what she planned and dreamt.

“Good.” Jungeun gives her worried best friend her slight smile before patting Jiwoo’s head and the younger stays quiet even though she can feel that something’s going on her boss’ big brain right now.

“Okay. Anyway, Miss Jung and Yerim just got back from their little date.” And with that, Jungeun furrowed her eyebrows, she almost forgot about the certain woman named Jung Jinsol. “They look much alike. No doubt she’s your daughter’s mother.”

The lawyer let out a sigh before nodding her head. Thanking the younger woman in front of her, Jungeun goes straight to her office and silently enters. She looks around the room for a while and she spots her daughter on top of Jinsol, both in deep slumber.

“Oh my God, I thought she’s smart.” She whispers to herself while landing her sight to the comfortable furniture in her office, a crimson red leather couch.

Quietly as much as she can, the brunette makes her way to the sleeping bodies on the floor and picks up the toys that were scattered around, obviously her daughter played with Jinsol before drifting to their dreamland together. Jungeun sighs for the nth time that day while she’s cleaning. She seriously hates mess.

“You’re home.”

Hearing a whisper and yawn behind her, Jungeun turns and she tilts her head towards the raven who’s patting their daughter’s bum and giving her a smile.

Home?

“Why don’t you sleep on the couch? It’s more comfortable than lying on the floor.”

"Yerim wants to experience sleeping on the floor. She said her mommy didn’t let her do that.” Chuckling while remembering her daughter’s rant before they sleep, Jinsol caresses Yerim’s back also.

The young lawyer got shocked from the author’s explanation and she just stares at Jinsol before she shook her head, dismissing the running thoughts in her mind about the older woman.

“Okay.” That’s all she can respond after a minute or two of staring.

Jinsol is sweet, and Jungeun can’t deny that. Lying on the hard floor though there’s a soft carpet under, the latter is pretty sure that it can cause the raven to suffer back pain later.

But Jinsol chose to let their daughter sleep on top of her so Yerim can experience sleeping on the place her mommy won’t let her to. Well not totally, but they count it still.

“We bought lunch for you. Are you okay with nuggets and fries? Yerim ordered those. She’s so smart. I can’t believe she’s only three years old.”

Another reason to be speechless and wonder again, what’s with you, Jung Jinsol?

Jungeun sets aside her thoughts again and clears before responding with short and awkward, “Hmm. Yeah. Thanks.”

The little child in Jinsol’s arms suddenly stirs from her sleep and squirm, catching the attention of her two mothers, Yerim opens her eyes slowly.

“Hey baby.” Jinsol softly greets her daughter before she plants a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Bruni.”

“Bruni?”

Jungeun shifts her gaze to the laughing woman in her office and waits for Jinsol to calm down. “We got a toy from McDonalds earlier and this little one said it looks like me while showing it. Turns out it was Bruni, the salamander in Frozen 2.”

“And you let her call you Bruni?”

“Ofcourse. Bruni is cute so it means I am too, right, darling?” Jinsol tickles the child in her arms and carefully lifts her up, making Yerim giggles.

“Yes, Bruni.” Their daughter answers with same energy.

The two continue to play in front of the lawyer and Jungeun watches them with little surprise in her feelings, but brushes it off after realizing. She proceeds to her desk where the previous paper bag and new one lie.

She checks the one beside of the bouquet first and discovers that it contains lots of sweets and she shakes her head. Imagining how chaotic it’ll be when Yerim eat those chocolates and candies in a day. Jungeun then checks the other paper bag that was labeled by McDonalds and her stomach starts to grumble after seeing the food that Jinsol mentioned earlier.

“Eatwell, mommy!”

Raising her head and looking at her grinning daughter, Jungeun shoots her own smile before thanking the sweet child of hers, “I will, baby. Thank you.”

“Hey sweetie, Bruni needs to go now.”

Munching some fries and watching the raven sits up while hugging their daughter, Jungeun raises her eyebrow.

“Why?” Yerim asks sadly, already used to her other mother’s warmth.

“I have projects to finish tonight, princess. Don’t worry thou, I’ll visit you again tomorrow. I promise.” Jinsol says, assuring the pouting child in her lap.

Yerim nods her head understandingly before giving the author some kiss, making Jinsol misses her daughter already and wants to stay, instead of working her to finish her new book. “Yerim will wait you then, Bruni.”

Right at that moment, Jinsol almost cry her eyes out because of her daughter’s softness and so she decides to hug her child. “See you tomorrow, princess.”

After the hug and getting up from the floor, Jinsol slowly puts her child to the soft couch and turns to the sipping lawyer and nods, showing her thanks and bye.

“Uhm drive safely.” Jungeun says after gulping the soda she just drank.

“Will do, Miss Kim. Thank you so much.” And Jinsol left.

Leaving the contented three years old girl in the couch and confused Jungeun.

_

“Where’s Bruni?! I want Bruni!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter