Chapter 12

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what happened the night when she had a talk with her stalker, Jinsol tried her best to not show to her girlfriend the dizziness, head and body ache she was suffering. Acting fine around Jungeun and her friends after coming back from the “restroom” break, the group finally bid their byes and parted ways, going to their respective homes by their own cars.

The threat occupied the author’s mind for the whole night, trying to think why someone wants her girlfriend to drop the homicide case when it happened for around 29 or 30 years ago. She also thought about how to tell Jungeun about what happened to her. Jinsol is sure that it’ll make the younger worry, especially that there’s danger that might happen any time soon.

Jinsol also thought about how to protect her girlfriend and their child. She doesn’t want anything to happen that may causes harm to Jungeun and Yerim in the future. She will do everything just to protect her girlfriend and her daughter.

͟

Going early to Jungeun’s house and barge in as she has her own keys now (Jungeun gave her a spare one the night they got official), Jinsol immediately goes straight to her girlfriend’s bedroom.

It’s still quite early for the lawyer to wake up and still in her deep slumber, so she doesn’t stir nor move when the intruder opens the door of her bedroom.

“5:48 am.” Jinsol whispers softly after seeing Jungeun’s digital clock on top of the nightstand.

The author removes her coat and shoes quietly before she slowly approaches the bed of her girlfriend and watches the sleeping beauty for a while. Studying Jungeun’s features as she sleep so peacefully and Jinsol can’t believe that the lawyer looks completely opposite when she’s awake.

She looks too harmless and not strict nor intimidating like what she is when she’s fully conscious, totally different when sleeping and in her dreamland.

Gently putting her hand on top of Jungeun’s shoulder and leans in to land a soft kiss on the younger’s temple, Jungeun unexpectedly stirs from her sleep.

“Jinsol?” She says while blinking to adjust her sight, smelling a familiar scent.

“Yeah. Go back to sleep, baby. It’s still early.”

Jungeun isn’t sure if her girlfriend is telling her to go back to her slumber or waking her up by calling her baby as she feels her heartbeat doubles when Jinsol uses the sweet nickname.

The author feels a hand reaches for her shirt and pulls her gently, “Lie down with me please.”

Jinsol chuckles softly after hearing her girlfriend’s order in sleepy voice and so she gestures Jungeun to move for a bit and give her space to lie down beside her. When Jinsol is completely lying on the bed, Jungeun immediately cuddles to the author and closes her eyes, trying to go back to her dreamland.

“What brought you here, huh?” Jungeun asks after silent minutes of struggling.

She can’t sleep now while thinking that she’s almost on top of the older and Jinsol’s arms are wrapping around her tightly. This is their first cuddle and she’s still surprised that Jinsol came to her house that early.

Jinsol hesitates if she’ll tell Jungeun about what happened to her last night and about the threat.

Maybe later.

“Nothing. Just want to spend my morning here before we go to your office.” Jinsol finally answers. “Where’s my morning kiss?”

“What?” Lifting her head and looking at the older with her right eyebrow raise, Jungeun checks if she heard it right.

Jinsol pouts her lips before she leans in to kiss Jungeun but the younger immediately avoids and puts her left hand on . “I haven’t brushed my teeth yet. My breath stinks.”

“Well I don’t care, Attorney?! Give me my morning smoochies.” Grabbing Jungeun’s wrist and removing her hand from , Jinsol turns their body to change their position and now she’s on top of Jungeun.

“Jung Jinsol, I said-“

Cutting her girlfriend’s words by kissing her, Jinsol closes her eyes before she moves her lips. While Jungeun, who is still in shock, puts her arms around Jinsol’s neck and responds to the kiss, closing her eyes too. After seconds of kissing and exchanging pecks, Jinsol finally pulls away and grins. “Good morning, beautiful.”

“You’re… crazy.” Jungeun exhales, earning a chuckle from Jinsol and another peck.

“Crazy for you?”

The lawyer just rolls her eyes before slapping Jinsol’s shoulder and says, “With all due respect, get out of my bedroom, Jung. I’ll go get ready now.”

Trying to get up to go to the bathroom, Jungeun was cornered by the older and receives another peck again. “How about we make our second Ye-“

“Get the hell out, Jung Jinsol!”

͟

 

Cooking pancakes and preparing breakfast wasn’t Jinsol’s things. She’d rather drive to the nearest Starbucks and grab some coffee and baked goods than cook for herself. Yet here she is, inside Jungeun’s kitchen and trying to do a heart shape pancake for her child.

After the lawyer shouted at her to get out, their daughter cried and made Jinsol go to her room to comfort her. It was too early for the child to wake up and so she tried to lull her daughter back to her dreamland but no to avail. Deciding that her babysitting for that day started, Jinsol carried her newly calmed down daughter to the kitchen and asked her what she wants for the breakfast. Yerim answered with “Heart pancakes with chocolate syrup please”, and so she tried to make some.

“I’m afraid you’ll burn down my kitchen.”

Looking at her back before focusing on her cooking again, Jinsol pouts “I’m trying to make some heart shaped pancakes here. Help your girlfriend instead making fun of her, will you?”

The lawyer, who still have wet hair but wearing her work attire now, chuckles before gesturing her girlfriend to leave the pan and just sit beside their daughter. Jinsol follows the younger and takes a seat beside her daughter.

“How’s your sleep, baby?” Jinsol asks to Yerim but before their daughter can answer, Jungeun butts in.

“Good.” Jungeun answers while cooking.

Did she just…

“I’m sorry but I’m asking our daughter, not you, Attorney Kim.” Jinsol teases and making Jungeun blush.

Good thing she’s not facing her chuckling girlfriend and their daughter.

“You really like it when I call you baby, huh?”

“Shut up before I kick you out from my household, Jung Jinsol.”

And loud laugh erupts around the whole house.

͟

Reaching the Eclipse using Jinsol’s car, every employee greets the family with smiles. They’re used to their boss’ girlfriend’s presence already, and seeing Jungeun happier than before, it also makes the people working under the firm happy.

They don’t have to face grumpy and strict Jungeun as someone will calm her down now, aside of Yerim. Jinsol, Jungeun, and Yerim arrive to the floor where the lawyer’s office at and was about to go straight there but Jiwoo who is in her counter suddenly stops them, looking a bit hesitant.

“Hey, Jiwoo. Are you okay?” Jungeun asks to her secretary slash best friend.

It is totally uncommon to see the red head not sure and nervous in the morning, so Jungeun knows that there is something bothering her.

“Someone sent a package for you earlier. It’s in your office already.” Jiwoo answers while biting her nail.

Raising her eyebrow due to confusion, Jungeun also questions the younger, “Package? I didn’t order anything though. Have you opened it?”

“Not yet. But I feel something strange about it.”

Jinsol who is listening to them suddenly remembers the threat and so quickly puts down her daughter on the floor and jogs to the office. Noticing a small box

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter