Chapter 4

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The author finally decided. After more days of secret glancing and sneaky stares to the younger mother of Yerim, the author finally wants to start making her move. But first, she wants to ask everyone’s opinions, help and advice first.

And she’ll start it from Sooyoung and Haseul.

Jinsol admits that she doesn’t have any idea on how to pursue the lawyer that occupies her mind for months now and even though she hates their corny and ridiculous advices, she still needs the duo to help her.

“So you finally bumped your head and woke up from being chicken, huh?” Sooyoung asks, earning a punch from Jinsol in return.

The raven invited her now maroon haired best friend Sooyoung and blonde Haseul.

Last weekend, they made a bet about how many times Yerim will call Jinsol using “Bruni”. Sooyoung bet 50 to 70 times, Haseul bet 30 to 40 times (completely not trusting her goddaughter’s love towards her bestfriend) and Jinsol confidently bet that it’ll be around 100 to 130 times.

To shorten the story about their childish bet, Jinsol won. Daring the other two to dye their hair and the rest is history.

“What’s your plan now, Sol?” The doctor asks, typing something on her phone in quick manner. Maybe taking some notes or texting someone or whatsoever.

“I don’t know.” Jinsol answers honestly. Looking at her best friends who are waiting for her next words, she sighs, “That’s why I asked you to come tonight.”

“Good choice! You won’t regret asking for our help.” Sooyoun cheers while Haseul nods, supporting the oldest among them.

“So….?”

“Here’s a list of pick-up lines from inter-“

“Pick-up lines?!” The author quickly interrupts the performer before head banging her head on the table.

Accidentally, ofcourse.

It was supposed to be a soft thud but her disappointment and hopelessness made her drop it hard, causing a loud bang that surrounded the quiet apartment of hers.

“That was…”

“Ouch. Pfft-“

Raising her head and rubbing her forehead using her palm, Jinsol frowns at her best friends. “Seriously, what’s the plan?”

“We’re serious here, Jung. Why don’t you listen to Sooyoung’s pick-up lines first before you judge it?” Haseul says, getting frustrated now too.

“Okay. Shoot.” Gesturing to the older to start, Sooyoung grins widely before scrolling on her phone.

“Here! Hmm. Does it hurt?... After you fell from heaven?”

Only the sound from the air conditioner and honks from the outside engulf the whole place. The three completely turn silent after Sooyoung’s attempt of reading a pick-up line and obviously, it made a huge impact. It made her best friends speechless, that counts as an “impact”, right?

Waiting for the other two’s response, Sooyoung stays quiet. While the Ob-Gyn who supported the oldest earlier, silently regrets what she did. And Jinsol, she just stares at the face of Ha. Everything makes her head ache now and she can’t believe she’s friends with Jungeun’s best friend’s girlfriend.

Maybe the secretary has no taste in woman. Because really? Sooyoung believes that those kinds of pick-up lines can pursue a girl? She can do better than that, Jinsol beliefs.

Yet she didn’t expect that the coolest among their squad will suggest her some lame idea.

Clearing and shaking her head because she can’t still progress everything, the author turns her attention to the blonde. “You have any idea there other than lame pick-up lines? ofcourse.”

“Hey! That wasn’t lame!”

“Entertain yourself, Ha.”

“I suggest that, what if you kidnap your daughter and the ransom would be her yes?”

Another silence embraces the three after what Haseul said and for the second time that night, Jinsol almost bang her own forehead again on the table.

“Useless lesbians.”

͟

The next day, as early as possible, the author drives to the Eclipse and make sure that Jung and Yerim haven’t arrive yet.

Today, Jinsol will ask Jiwoo for more useful advice and suggestions that can help her woo the lawyer. She won’t feel bad about saying this- She really hates the things that her best friends tried to suggest to her last night.

“Good morning Miss Jiwoo.”

“Oh! Miss Jung, good morning. You’re kinda early today, huh?”

Jinsol scratches the back of her head before letting out a shy laugh and looks around.

“I need your help.” The older silently says, which was returned with a quick nod from the red head.

“Shoot.”

“How can I ask Jungeun for a date without getting rejected?”

“Oh my God!”

Jinsol immediately puts her hand over the loud secretary’s mouth and puts her pointing finger in front of her own lips. “Shh, Jiwoo.”

The lawyer’s best friend nods her head too fast and shows thumbs up towards Jinsol, making the latter removes her hand.

“Just ask her out. As simple as that, Jinsol.” Jiwoo says like that is the easiest way that she can offer.

She already know that her best friend likes Jinsol, so why would she make the older suffer?

The raven tilts her head to the side and looks at the grinning secretary as if Jiwoo got another head and check if she’s okay. Jinsol can now understand why Sooyoung and Jiwoo are dating with each other.

Combining a lame lesbian and confident one, weird but it surprisingly works fine.

“What if she rejects me?” Jinsol asks and the younger frowns.

“You can’t catch a fish if you’re being pessimist.”

She got a point. Jinsol admits to herself.

Thinking hard about asking Jungeun as soon as the lawyer and daughter arrive to the building, Jinsol gets nervous. She can’t do that. She’s not confident enough to just confess to Jungeun and ask her out. The author loses hope about trying to get the lawyer.

“Just to let you know, Jinsol. I support you and give you my blessing. I know that you’re just starting to like my best friend, but thinking about seeing her and Yerim with you, I know you’ll be the cutest family in the future. So stop being negative thinker and move now.” Giving the taller woman a gentle pat on her shoulder, Jiwoo smiles too after showing her support to Jinsol.

“Thank you, Jiwoo.”

“Bruni!”

Both of them look towards the elevator and found Yerim excitedly running to Jinsol. The mother quickly catches her daughter and showers her a kiss before letting the young child giggle. “Good morning, princess. Where’s mommy?”

“Good morning, Bruni. Mommy’s with Uncle Jay right now.”

Jay?

“Jay? You mean Jay Jung? You’re mom’s…”

“Yes, godmother Chuu! Mommy asked Uncle Wonho to assist me to the elevator then she stayed at the looby to talk with Uncle Jay.”

Too many Uncles. How friendly is this kid?

Jinsol already knows who Wonho is. He is the security guard who almost tackle her when she made her daughter upset before. But about the Jay guy, she does have no any idea who that is.

“Jay? Who’s that?” Jinsol turns to Jiwoo and the secretary chuckles hesitantly before she answers.

“Jungeun’s-“

“Hey. You’re early.”

All of them turn to the elevator and Jungeun just walked out from it, smiling widely that surprises the raven.

She looks so happy, huh?

“Good morning, Jungie.” Jiwoo greets her best friend with her hands waving and the newly arrive just chuckles.

“Good morning, Wooming. And Jinsol.”

Staring at the smiling woman in front of them, Jinsol returns the greeting before excusing herself and Yerim that they wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter