Chapter 10

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Announcing their new relationship to the whole squad the next day became chaotic. Sooyoung and Haseul teased them, while Jiwoo and Vivi congratulated Jungeun and Jinsol.

Everyone was glad that they’re finally together and Sooyoung threatened the author that she’ll punch the hell out of her if she hurt Jungeun. Of course, Jinsol swore she’ll never do that and promised she’ll take care of Jungeun and Yerim. The others nodded at her and gave the new lovers their smiles.

 

And today, after the weekend finished, everything is back to its routine again. Jungeun study her case inside of her office, while her girlfriend and their daughter are just playing around. Loud and messy, but Jungeun never wants it to become silent and to change.

She now loves the noisiness than the quiet background that she used to before, the lawyer can more concentrate on her work now even how many times Jinsol and Yerim plants a few soft or wet kisses on her face. Jungeun swears everything becomes best after she got Jinsol.

But sometimes, she still feels like she’s taking care of two daughters than one, because Jinsol acts like a kid around their daughter.

“One! Two! Thre-“

“Jung Jinsol! For how many times do I have to say that never play wrestling with Yerim?! Jesus Christ!”

Gently putting down her daughter’s right leg that she raised with so much care a while ago to count on, Jinsol beams an innocent smile towards the glaring lawyer. “Sorry mommy, we will not do it again.” She apologizes to the younger.

Every time her girlfriend calls her mommy with sweet voice, Jungeun heart flutters and makes her soft.

And Jinsol knows that, so she uses it to calm the lawyer every time she gets angry.

“Okay, good. Now behave, I’m studying here.” Jungeun says with her calm voice and looks back at her laptop again, reading some old articles about the homicide that happened around 29 years ago.

The crime happened way back July 1997 and got lots of attention as the suspect, who was named Kang Rami and in her early 30’s, kept saying and stating that she’s innocent, even when she was in her trials. Yet no one believed her and her own daughter despised her, telling that her mother killed her father in front of her and she must go behind the bars forever because of it.

The article also says that the new born baby of accused went missing after the crime, adding another misfortune to their family. And no one knows what happened to the baby, even the first born.

Her client sure had a bad luck.

“Hey baby. We’ll just go outside for a while. Yerim is craving for some ice cream. You want some too?” Jinsol rested her arms on her girlfriend’s desk and softly asked Jungeun.

“Hmm yeah, please buy me a chocolate one. Thank you.” Jungeun answers while still reading the article in front of her.

Jinsol nods after that and lifts Jungeun’s left hand before giving it a kiss and gently puts it down, picking up their daughter who is still lying on the carpet and leave the office.

The sweet gesture never left unnoticed by Jungeun, as after the door of her office closed, she blushes hard. Jungeun shakes her head and calms her heart that beats faster than normal first before going back to her work.

Kang Rami, Jungeun’s client and the woman who got jailed after defensing herself and accidentally killed her own husband. Who she really is and Kang Hyelin?

The oldest child who witnessed the crime that happened three decades ago.

Where can Jungeun find her?

The lawyer needs to meet and talk to Kang Hyelin.

͟

After leaving the building and now laughing with her daughter while walking to the nearest convenience store, Jinsol feels someone’s watching her again. Trying to ignore the strange and creepy feeling, Jinsol never looks around.

“Bruni, someone’s following us.” Yerim whispers to her mother.

The author immediately moves her feet faster and runs to the convenience store and enters, afraid that something might happen to her and especially to the child in her arms.

Bringing down her daughter to the ground and holding her right hand before they roam around the store, Jinsol makes sure she’s alert and observing their surroundings. She’s making sure that whoever is following them didn’t enter too.

Everything makes Jinsol nervous, honestly. Since she can feel the following since last week and not stopping, she’s scared that the person will do something bad to her and to her daughter.

She’s always with Yerim so the person might target the child too.

Jinsol won’t let that happen.

“Bruni!”

Waking up from her trance, Jinsol looks down at her child, seeing Yerim holding a bag of chocolate with her tiny left hand.

“I thought you only want ice cream, darling?” Jinsol asks but let her daughter keep the bag.

They walk to the aisle of ice creams and Jinsol takes five tubs of ice creams from the freezer, she hands the two tubs to her daughter who hugs it quickly and Jinsol carefully hugs the other three on her free arms.

One for her, one for Jungeun, one for Jiwoo and two for Yerim, she knows how her daughter loves sweet treats.

Paying for the ice creams and chocolates that they picked, Jinsol carries her child again before taking the plastic bag on the counter and nods her head to the cashier, telling her to keep the change before they leave the store. Jinsol plays with her daughter again while they’re on their way to the law firm.

And again, the following starts, so the raven starts to quicken her pace and safely reach the building in no time. Taking a look behind her, she sees a person in full black outfit behind a tree looking back at her.

Jinsol froze.

There is indeed watching her.

And who is that person?

͟

Taking a break and eating their ice creams, Jungeun watches her girlfriend and their daughter sweetly feeds each other. The duo in front of the lawyer start to ignore her upon seeing her chewing her dessert, and she feels betrayed by her daughter because Yerim already knew that.

How can her own daughter ignore her like that and join her other mother to tease Jungeun?

No wonder she’s from Jinsol, they’re both dorks.

And she’s doesn’t feel any jealousy while seeing them smiling and playing with each other, really. But she wants to get Jinsol’s attention too.

“Jinsol.”

Ignoring the younger on purpose, the author keeps giggling with their daughter.

“Jung Jinsol.”

For the second time, Jungeun got ignored, making her loses her patience.

“I’ll throw your gundams away if you keep ignoring me.”

“Yes darling? Were you calling me?”

There, she got the older’s attention immediately.

“Yeah, obviously. Duh.” Jungeun says with a bit of sass in her tone which earns a chuckle from her girlfriend. “I can’t believe gundams can get your attention.”

“That’s because I love gundams, especially when I build them and-“

“Tell me why you love those little figures.” As her curiosity hits her and she thinks she have enough time to chit-chat with Jinsol for a while, Jungeun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter