Chapter 15 - End.

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22nd day of December, 4:20pm:

Days turning into weeks, everything went well to everyone especially to Jinsol. Finally meeting her biological mother and sister who she forgave after asking for forgiveness and swearing that she’ll make up to everything she have done to them. Well at first, Jungeun and others didn’t trust nor believe Hyelin’s begs but seeing that the blonde sincerely take care of her sister and niece, they slowly learn to forgive her too.

It wasn’t that easy to trust someone who hurt people and made them suffer, but maybe Hyelin deserve a second chance- but with Jungeun’s threat of jailing her first, if she make another action that’ll make other people get hurt again.

Now that they are all okay, everything went back to normal with Kangs, Lauren, and France in addition. Jinsol got to know her biological mother after Kang Rami got out from prison and everyone’s glad that they’re complete now. The author also had a deep conversation with her sister and mother, fixing everything about their ruined family relationship and forgiving each other to start a new.

“All is well.” Jinsol whispers to the woman beside her who is also watching their child running around.

After days of being in hospital and another few days of using crutches to walk, Jinsol’s finally recovered and can walk or stand without any help now. Even though the wound left a scar on her thigh, she doesn’t care much about it. She even found it cool which made her received a light hit from her girlfriend for being “weird”.

Jungeun shakes her head before crossing her arms and she leans her head on Jinsol’s shoulder.

They are at the lawyer’s house right now and waiting for their guests to arrive. Jinsol planned to have an early celebration for Christmas with their squad and her relatives, in which Jungeun agreed to and offered her house to be the venue.

Her house is not that huge but big enough for them to host a party, as they have a backyard, and she wholeheartedly want to spend the party in her house with Jinsol’s special love ones, so here they are. She prepared some dishes with Jinsol’s help, and they also make sweet treats like cupcakes and ginger breads with Yerim, which the child enjoyed so much.

“I’m glad that I get a chance to celebrate Christmas with my child and you, Attorney Kim.” Looking at her girlfriend while smiling widely, Jinsol leans in to kiss Jungeun’s forehead which made the younger hums.

“Well you’ll also celebrate it with your mother and sister too, a win-win for you this year, huh?” The lawyer says. The raven nods her head and they both look at their bubbly child again. Yerim runs around the backyard, chasing a butterfly. The smile on her lips brings warmth feeling to her parents and makes them smile too.

“Yerimie!”

Turning their heads towards the voice who called Yerim, the three found Hyejoo running to her friend and showing a wolf plushy, “Santa left this pet earlier on my bed. Did you receive any too?” The jet black haired kid asks.

“Nope, not yet! I think Santa will give me present on exact Christmas Eve.” Yerim answers while grinning, but then it slowly turns into an adorable frown. “Wait, Santa only gives presents when it’s Christmas, right?”

Hyejoo shrugs her shoulders before embracing her new toy, “I don’t know. Maybe Santa wants to surprise me earlier than other kids. I’m a good kid, huh?”

“Yes, you are, baby. That’s why Santa gave you your wolfie.”

A couple joins the four in the backyard and Jiwoo softly associate to the little ones conversation while side-eyeing her lover who is smirking.

She finally found a perfect gift to her child, I see. Jinsol thought while watching her best friend wearing a proud smile.

“Great, someone finally arrived.” Jungeun says, earning a chuckle from the Jiwoo-Sooyoung couple.

“Hey, you said it’ll start at 5 pm. It’s only 4:23 pm, Jungeun. Stop acting like we’re late or something.” Sooyoung says while chuckling and sitting on the chair near her best friend and the lawyer. “Anyway, we already set the gifts under the Christmas tree inside.” She informs.

“Good good. Let’s wait for the others to arrive and we will start the party.” The other three adults nod towards Jinsol and they chat for a while.

Few minutes of talking about whatever topic they thought and talk about, Jinsol’s mother along with Hyelin and France arrive at the household and join them.

Kang Rami is staying on her oldest daughter house now, after deciding that it’ll be more okay than living at Jinsol’s. The old woman thought about her child having a family now and the raven should focus on Jungeun and Yerim more. At first, Jinsol was against it but Hyelin also insisted about taking care of their mother so the younger among the two agreed. It can also help the blonde and their mother build a new bond between them after three decades of full of hatred.

“Lauren asked me to tell you she’s bringing her brother’s daughter, is that okay?” Hyelin questions to her sibling and Jinsol nods her head while smiling widely.

“I think that’s awesome, Yerim will go to meet another new friend.” The raven responds.

“Hey, are we late?”

“God mother Haseul! Aunt Vivi!”

Yerim runs to her newly arrived godmother and aunt with her arms spreading widely. The pink haired aunt immediately kneels down and catches the cheery kid on her arms before carrying Yerim.

“How are you, princess?” Vivi asks to Yerim.

“Good, aunt Vivi! Yerim is happy that we will celebrate Christmas tonight.” The child giggles before hugging her aunt’s neck.

“Yerimie, let’s play again.” Whining as her playmate suddenly left, Hyejoo approaches the adults and shows her pout, which makes the other kid giggle again.

“Okay okay, I’m sorry, Hyejoo.” Yerim says before asking her aunt to bring her down.

“It’s Oliv-“

“Sorry for being late. My brother asked me to fetch and babysit her daughter tonight. I’m very sorry.”

The adults shakes their head and offer their smile to the sweating woman who is carrying a blonde kid and Lauren smiles back before putting her niece down, glad that everyone’s fine about her bringing a kid to the party.

“It is okay, Lauren. It’s not 5 o’clock yet, just made it on time.” The attorney out of all of them says before turning her attention to the shy kid behind Lauren. “Hi sweetheart, your blonde hair looks good on you, eh?”

“Gowonie, a beautiful aunt complimented you, what will you gonna do then?” Lauren asks to her niece behind her legs and the child named Chaewon looks up to her aunt before she smiles shyly to the strangers in front of them.

“Thank you.”

“Aw, she’s so cute!” Everyone looks at the sudden scream and Jinsol puts her hands up before mouthing an apology for being loud.

“Hi. Wow, you look like a doll.” Yerim approaches the new kid while dragging Hyejoo behind her and they both stand beside Chaewon. “My name is Yerim and this is Hyejoo, we’re both three. What about you?”

“It’s Olivia Hye, Yerimie.” Hyejoo says quietly before inching to hide herself behind her friend.

“Quit it, kid. It’s been a month since we changed your name into Hyejoo.” Sooyoung butts in but only earns a pinch from her girlfriend.

“Let her be, Soo.” Jiwoo says and the older remains silent, too afraid to get another pinch on her side again.

“I’m Chaewon, Park Chaewon. I’m four years old.” The blonde kid introduces herself and Yerim quickly engulfs her into a hug.

“Nice to meet you, Chaewonie! Come on, let’s play with Hyejoo there, she got a pet from Santa last night.” Yerim cheers before dragging the blonde kid and the jet black haired one to the spot where she and Hyejoo playing at earlier.

“Come to think of it, you’re an intimidating lawyer while Jinsol was a quiet kid back when we were in high school. Where did Yerim inherit her loud and bubbly personality?” The performer questions to Jungeun and the brunette just look at her.

“Jungeun is loud too, especially when she’s in havoc mode.” Jinsol says while laughing but stops when she felt a light punch on her stomach.

“Shut up, Jinsol” Jungeun says and her girlfriend acted as if she zipped .

The party starts after few minutes of waiting and Jungeun’s parents arrived late, bickering that Mr. Kim insisted to fetch her ex-wife who rejected the offer yet he still forced it making the woman annoyed and making them late for fighting over a half an hour in front of ex-Mrs. Kim’s house.

“Unbelievable.” Jungeun whispered when her parents told them what happened.

They’re too old for that kind of bickering but the lawyer finds it amusing, especially that her parents got divorced decade ago yet still have chemistry between them.

Jungeun doesn’t tell her parents about that and she never will. (Her mother might smack her head if she does.)

Everyone, including the kids, played some games for a while which always ended up with Jinsol and Sooyoung fighting over who cheated and won. Haseul requested to stop their fun time already after the raven almost kicks the oldest ’97 liner’s , and Jungeun agreed while face palming.

“Sweetie, look at this clip! I filmed you while you were shouting hula dance earlier.” The lawyer looks at her father who is showing his phone and playing a video. A loud “hulaaaaa!” erupted around the place and followed by loud laugh after, making the brunette wear her cold façade and glare at her girlfriend.

Jinsol quickly shut before making their friends stop from laughing too. “Sorry.” She apologizes to the glaring woman.

“Mommy did a great job earlier!” Shouted by Yerim who watched the whisper game, “she did hula dance like this and godmother Vivi guessed it right!” and then she imitated how her mother rolled her hips to act the word.

The child almost made her other mother laugh again but Jinsol tried her best to keep herself silent and calm to avoid Jungeun’s death look. She received lots of glares and hits that day already, so as much as possible she’ll try her best to not to annoy the lawyer again for the rest of the party.

All of them decided to feast their dinner, talking about what everyone will going to do on the upcoming holiday and some of them shared their plan. Like Sooyoung, Jiwoo, and Hyejoo, the couple decided to introduce their child to Sooyoung’s family on Christmas, and to Jiwoo’s on New Year. Their families are too excited to finally see and meet the young girl soon. About Haseul and Vivi, they planned to spend their vacation out of town and do charities on different orphanages around west side of states. Sharing the blessings they’ve got for that year would be the greatest gift they will to go to give this Christmas.

More plans were discussed and shared and after almost an hour of filling their stomachs with Jungeun’s delicious cooking, everyone went to the living room and anticipates for the presents they will receive for that night.

Yerim jumps around due to too much excitement while Hyejoo and Chaewon just watch their friend. The latter is still shy as the jet black haired one keeps studying and looking at her since she and her aunt Lauren arrived. Chaewon thinks Hyejoo hates her for attending the party.

Jungeun’s mother hosted the exchanging gifts, starting from her grandchild, passing the purple colored present and instructed Yerim to wait for the others first before she opens the mysterious box. The bubbly kid nods her head while smiling widely and she sits on the floor hugging her present.

The next mysterious present is for Hyejoo, a black colored box with silver lining and ribbon. Ex-Mrs. Kim shows the gift to the quiet kid and Hyejoo quickly shakes her head, rejecting the box in front of her.

“Please give it to Chaewon.” The jet black haired kid says, surprising everyone including the blonde kid.

“Why’s that, sweetie?” Jiwoo asks to her daughter.

Hyejoo turns to her mother before she answers with “Because I know no one brought a gift for her, so this is my present for Chaewon,” and then she gently grabs the black box to give it to the kid beside her. “Take this.” She quietly says to Chaewon who he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter