Chapter 11

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean we will babysit them for the whole day?!”

Jinsol looks at her best friend who just shouted. She’s now putting an ice pack on her forehead as she fall face flat on the ground earlier after Ha Hyejoo bumped into her that morning. And Jinsol swears she’s suffering either concussion or migraine right now as her head hurts badly, especially after Jiwoo introduced her and Sooyoung’s newly adopted daughter earlier.

Flashback:

“Jesus Christ! Your child’s making me aged ten years, Jiwoo!”

Jinsol, who was on the ground after someone bumped into her, just stayed still.

“What’s happening here? Jinsol?!” Few steps can be heard as Jungeun who was carrying Yerim approached her girlfriend, followed by bickering Sooyoung and Jiwoo. “Ow! You adopted her!”

When will they go to help me get up? Jinsol thought.

“Yeah! She looks so cute, right? My baby wolfie.”

“Yah! Stop pinching my cheeks!”

“Manners young lady, before I decide to throw you to Pacific Ocean.”

“Sooyoung, no!”

“Mommy, help Bruni.”

Finally, I really love my offspring.

Jinsol felt someone pat her shoulder and so she lift her hand and Jungeun helped her to get up. Furrowing her eyebrows and letting out a groan after she feels her forehead stings, Jinsol heard her girlfriend chuckles. “Pfft! You need an ice pack and as soon as possible, Jung.” Her girlfriend said after she saw the tiny bump in Jinsol’s forehead.

“Wait! Let me introduce our daughter first, lesbians. This is Hyejoo, I and Sooyoung’s newly adopted child.”

“It’s Olivia!”

And Jinsol almost fainted after knowing that her best friend has a child now.

End of Flashback:

“Are you okay now?” The author feels her girlfriend’s hand brushes her head after whispering to her ears. They’re now at Jungeun’s office. Jinsol, Jungeun and their child are sitting on the couch while Sooyoung, and Jiwoo, who carrying her daughter, are standing.

Nodding her head slowly and still keeping the ice pack on her forehead, Jinsol answers, “Yes. But I can’t still progress about Sooyoung having a child now.”

“Same! I can’t still progress everything, especially that I let Jiwoo adopt this little rascal.” Sooyoung butts in, glaring at the child in Jiwoo’s arms who is glaring at her back.

“Olivia.” The child with jet black hair says, gritting her teeth.

“Okay, enough you two. Baby, introduce yourself to your aunt Jungeun and Jinsol. Apologize too.” Jiwoo says to her daughter before bringing her down.

The child pouts for few seconds before she begins, “Olivia-“

“Ha Hyejoo.”

“-Ha Hyejoo. 3 years old. Sorry for running into you earlier, aunt.” After introducing herself, the child who has name Hyejoo, looks up to her beaming mother and Jiwoo claps.

“It is nice to meet you, sweetheart. This is Yerim and she’s also 3. I think both of you will be good friends.” Jungeun says softly to her best friend’s child and showing her own.

“Hi Hyejoo!” Yerim greets to the other child, finally happy that she’ll have a new friend now.

“It’s Olivia.”

“I think she’s already at her emo pace.” Jinsol says and she received a slap from her girlfriend.

“Nah, Jiwoo prefers it as quote, the pace where our daughter finally understands the cruelty of the world, end quote.” Sooyoung says as she looks at her girlfriend just like what Hyejoo did earlier, and Jiwoo beams again.

“That’s quite… uhh deep?”

Jinsol chuckles after hearing Jungeun’s whisper and she sweetly plants a kiss on the younger’s forehead.

“Ow! I suddenly remember that we need to start our work now. Good luck on your first day of babysitting our baby, Soo!”

And Sooyoung groans loudly.

͟

The author still can’t believe that her best friend is a mother now and they will babysit Yerim and the little girl who has wolf like eyes for the whole day.

“I’ve never imagined in my entire life that I’ll babysit a child nor have one.”

Jinsol chuckles upon hearing her best friend’s rant for 49th times that morning. They just left Eclipse for about half an hour ago yet Sooyoung already rambled that much.

She must really hate having a child.

“So why did you agree to Jiwoo about adopting Hyejoo then?” Jinsol asks while watching her own daughter eating French fries with her new friend.

They’re on McDonalds right now and letting their kids eat whatever they want before going somewhere to entertain them.

The author heard her best friend sigh before answering, “Jiwoo wants so bad to have child already since God knows when and I don’t know… After I saw her smiling widely while watching that annoying Hyejoo… I immediately told her to fix everything so we can adopt the little rascal as soon as possible.”

“Whipped culture.”

“Pfft. As if you’re not one, Jung.”

Leaning their elbows on the table and putting their chins on their hands, the two mothers continue to watch their daughters in high chairs and playing rock-paper-scissors.

Both are thinking about their own pasts, not believing that they are parents now when they didn’t even dream nor plan about having a child. Yet two certain women changed everything and flipped them one-eighty degrees perfectly.

Maybe you really attract what you hate.

“I think you need a proper introduction.” Yerim says to Hyejoo before munching a fry.

The little child who has jet black hair replies, “Introduction like what?”

“Like mine! Watch carefully.”

The 1997 duos look at each other then back to their children, waiting for what Yerim will do.

“My eyes are sparkling, my face is shining and I have an S-line. Hello everyone, my name is Kim Yerim. It is nice to meet you all.” Jinsol’s daughter says while doing hand gestures and little body wave.

It was just a random introduction and yet she looks so adorable while doing it.

“What is S-line?” The other child asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

Yerim shrugs her shoulders while beaming and says, “I don’t know, I just heard it from mommy while she was talking with god mother Chuu.”

“Ahh I see.” Nodding and thinking for a second, Hyejoo suddenly let out a loud exhale. ”I have my own introduction now.” She says with so much determination in her voice.

“Wow! Show it to me then!”

Lifting her both arms, Hyejoo starts, “Hi, I’m Olivia Columbia, raise up and down, Hye.” She finishes then lowers her arms.

After the child finishes her introduction, both mother sniffs and feel that there is something wet rolling down on their cheeks, catching the attention of the kids in front of them.

“Oh my God! I hate my child, she’s so cute!” Sooyoung cries before sobbing hard.

“And I love mine! Yerim is so adorable! Jesus Christ.” Jinsol follows then burries her face on her palms.

Both Yerim and Hyejoo just watch their mother cry and eat their fries, not caring about the people giving their mothers weird looks.

͟

 

“I wonder how our children are right now.”

Jungeun chuckles while looking at the files scattered on top of her desk. Her best friend slash secretary is helping her arrange the papers and also read some articles in them to find some information about Kang Rami and Kang Hyelin.

The first trial is around and Jungeun must find more evidences to show and present to defend her client. But because the case happened three decades ago, searching for documents about it is quite difficult for her. She also has n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter