Chapter 1

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been four years since Jinsol left the hospital she’s standing in front at. Four years ago, she moved out from the country and left everything behind to start a new beginning in Eastern part of United States of America. Making own name and title after writing a book about marine life that she loves so much since she was a child. Fortunately and unexpectedly, her book about her love in water forms around the world got published and sold for a couple of hundred thousand copies.

It was a dream came true for the author slash marine biologist expert, Jung Jinsol. A worth to be proud of achievement that she made for herself with her own hard work and cries, Jinsol sacrificed her everything just to reach this success.

And now, she wants to get her new goal in life that she never expected that she will ever dream of. The huge goal and responsibility that she left four years ago, due to take her own way and steps in making her own dreams.

She really don’t know why she go there after a day of coming back from Los Angeles and decide to get some information about the past that she abandoned couple of years back when she was still trying to figure out her future.

Taking a deep breath and fixing the collar of her shirt, Jinsol starts to make her own way towards the entrance of the maternity hospital she entered four years ago and asks the blonde haired nurse in infirmary about an Ob-Gynecologist named Jo Haseul.

“Doctor Jo is still in labor room, miss…”

“Jung. Jung Jinsol.” The raven introduced, making the nurse smile politely and nod.

“I’ll inform Dr. Jo about your arrival and tell her that you’re waiting in here. Is that alright, Ms. Jung?” Looking at the author with hesitant expression, the nurse continues,”If you’re not okay about waiting her, we can also-“

“No, it’s totally fine. I’m sure that she will finish her job in an hour or so, won’t she?” Jinsol asks. The nurse gives her a polite smile again before gesturing to the bench in the hallway and Jinsoul follows the silent instruction and sits there patiently.

Looking around the place and inhaling the scent of the hospital that she went to few years back ago, Jinsol remembers her conversation with her friend in the same bench she’s sitting at right now.

Flashback:

“Please Jinsol. Please help me in this project and I’ll pay you anything you’ll ask in the future. Just please do me this favor.” Haseul begged in front of her best friend since high school about something. It was her first year in her profession and she wants to be the first Ob-Gyn in the maternity hospital to perform the IVF Treatment to a woman but with another woman’s from bone marrow.

The treatment will be more special and almost impossible to make but negativity won’t stop Jo Haseul for testing it.

 “Are you nuts? Why don’t you ask Sooyoung about this instead of me? I think she’ll willingly offer herself for this quote, mission: make a woman pregnant by another woman, end quote. And honestly, you’re so crazy for thinking that it’ll be possible. Jesus, Haseul.” The blonde dyed woman said to the young doctor.

“My patient wants her baby to be a natural smart and talented kid. And you know Sooyoung-“ The younger leaned in and continued, “is not that great in academic, though she’s a born performer in stage.” 

Jinsol backed away  to let out a chuckle after hearing her best friend’s thoughts about their other best friend and she shook her head, thinking if she will agree to Haseul’s favor or no.

Whatever thing she wants to make is kind of unbelievable and only miracle can make that possible. But who knows, right?

“Okay, but don’t chase me if this crazy patient of yours ask for a partner to be with to take care of her child in the future.” Jinsol said while showing her infamous dorky smile. “I have no money and time for family, Haseul.”

“Ofcourse! Don’t worry. Ms. Kim can raise her child alone and give everything to your baby.” Haseul teased causing the blonde marine biologist to shiver, thinking about having a baby with an unknown woman… That’ll be really weird.

Having a partner and creating a family never occur in Jinsol’s mind, as she only wants to become a successful person in America and live her life reaching her goals. So imagining about being a parent makes her shiver down her spine.

Totally strange and weird type of dreams, eh? 

“Let’s go and start your test now. We still need to check if you’re qualified to participate in this. Though I’m sure you’ll be the perfect other mother of the miracle baby we will make.”

“You’re crazy.”

End of Flashback:

“Hey, Jung! Long time no see.”

The owner of the last name turns to the source of the voice and she found her best friend wearing a surgical dress and surgical mask. She looks so professional unlike the Jo Haseul that was begging to Jinsol before.

Many things had changed in a couple of years of being away, I see.

“Long time no see, doc.” Jinsol greets playfully and she receives a light smack on her arm before being engulfed in a tight embrace.

“Congratulations for being a successful author and marine biologist, Sollie. I’m so happy for you and also, proud.”

Sharing a chuckle and pat on each other’s back, the two best friends pulled away from their hug and decided to go to Haseul’s office for more privacy.

“So what makes you go here, huh? I’m sure you’re not here to visit me nor the hospital. As far as I remember, you hate this place.”

The bob haired doctor is right about Jinsol hating the facility.

Way back when she was being a “volunteer who offered herself to be the donor” for Haseul’s impossible project, the young Ob-Gyn needed to drag her first to make her come and participate.

The raven shook her head to stop her reminiscing and focus on the doctor in front of her.

“May I…. uhh… May I ask if it was successful?” Jinsol starts hesitantly.

Her stuttering makes Haseul puzzle but after few seconds, the latter’s lips turned into a huge proud smile.

“Yes, Sol. And as expected, the kid is naturally smart and talented. Just like her mother… Ms.Kim.” Haseul says.

Jinsol uncomfortably shifts in her seat after hearing what her best friend said and she also remembers how she said that never address her as the other mother of the miracle child.

Regret slowly swallowing her and she gulps.

“H-how’s the… kid then?” She asks.

Haseul starts to get suspicious and confused towards the raven, caused by best friend’s interrogation, but she still answers though. “Yerim is healthy and a ball of sunshine. I swear that baby girl lights up the place she steps in because of her cheery personality. Especially when she begin to smile and giggle towards everyone.” 

Seeing the sweet smile on Haseul’s face, it also brings a smile on Jinsol’s lips.

"Why'd you suddenly ask abo-"

“I want to meet her.”

“Wait what?!”

Leaving the maternity hospital that Haseul's working at, the pair made a deal about meeting up with Sooyoung on the upcoming weekend and have fun like their old days. Four years being away from her best friends makes Jinsol crave for their bond and she swear she will give her two best friends her biggest hug.

But that'll be after her meeting with her... daughter. Hopefully.

"Kim Yerim, huh?" Jinsol whispers to herself while making her way to her Tesla.

Saving for her future and receiving lots of money from her hard work, everything that Jinsol desires can be hers. She has been dreaming for the luxury car since she was still in college and driving her dream car now makes the raven proud of herself. Who wouldn't after you worked hard, right?

Jinsol experienced sleepless nights and she also used to cry silently in her small office while trying to study and push herself to finish her book. Now that she finished it and got successful, the memories of her when she was still suffering make her smile.

Dreams do come true, as long as you work hard for it. And she hopes it'll also apply to her now huge goal.

Meeting Kim Jungeun, one of the most known attorney in Los Angeles and also, Yerim’s mother. No doubt that she can raise her child alone and be brave about having a baby on her own.

Money is not a problem and Jinsol assumes that her daughter's mother is a baddass in courtroom, so maybe she's also a baddass outside who can independently raise a child.

Thinking about the lawyer makes the author more eager to reach her home and discover more about Jungeun and their miracle child.

Can she still call the baby as hers? Or Jungeun won't let her? Jinsoul wishes that the woman she called crazy before will not kick her out from their child's life.

Yerim came from her also, right? She has rights and Jungeun must know that since she's a lawyer. 

Let's just hope she's kind enough to let me see Yerim.

After minutes of driving and reaching her old apartment, Jinsol immediately enters her office and opens her laptop to search about Kim Jungeun. Aside of being 27 years old and having a 3 years old daughter, Jungeun is also living 4 blocks away from Jinsol's apartment. According to her best friend Haseul, ofcourse.

She must know how the other mother of her child is right now and if she's open to have a meeting with Jinsol. The latter hopes she is and let her meet the miracle baby that came from Jinsol also.

Jinsol may be hate or denies thinking about having a family, but after reaching her goal in life, something hits her that she must do something about making her own family or she'll regret it more soon.

"Kim Jungeun, 27 years old... February 10 blah blah blah... Ow! She owns a law firm? Wow." Whispering the informations that she found in internet, Jinsol starts to get intimidated yet curious about the younger woman.

After minutes of scrolling and studying Jungeun's profile, she then fishes out the paper that was on her pants back pock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter