[10] - d a f f o d i l

Lost Boy // JJK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Double update! Enjoy~ Don't forget to comment and upvote if you feel like it!

 

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

《 𝓭𝓪𝓯𝓯𝓸𝓭𝓲𝓵 》

 

"This is all because of you, you little !" Chaewon screamed at the top of her lungs; the anger and the rage inside her were no longer contained. No more holding back now that her father knew the truth, no more hiding desire to ruin Ae-Ri; she let it all out now that she had her last chance. She continuously kicked the her already bruised stomach. 

Low grunts were coming out from Ae-Ri mouth, sadly she was no longer had the will to fight back. On the way meeting up with Jungkook, she bumped with Chaewon, only to be dragged by the strong grip on her hair. As they arrive in a secluded alleyway, Chaewon slammed her head to the hard wall. The throbbing pain on her head was not the only thing that signalled her that her head was cut open with a wound, but the gushing blood that flowed down from through her forehead, blurring her vision by the crimson filter.

Compared to Ae-Ri, Chaewon was much stronger than the girl lying on the filthy wet floor of the alleyway. Much stronger. Even with her struggle in the beginning, Chaewon beat up to it and came back with a stronger punch. Therefore, Ae-Ri gave up. This wasn't her first, why bother fighting back. Chaewon kept both of and legs moving, non-stop; the curses kept coming, so does her stomping feet. Ae-Ri couldn't help it but to think that high heels were much painful then the normal school shoes that Chaewon usually wears. Much more painful. Ae-Ri didn't need look at her own body, she knew there were cuts from the heels; on her arms, wrists, hips, even her neck. 

Ae-Ri wondered if she close her eyes and let her consciousness slip away, will the pain stop too?

 

(A/N: just to let you know, last chapter Jungkook fainted, now Ae-Ri fainted as well. They fainted at the same time, so both of them are experiencing the same "flashbacks")

 

~~~

Year 1777.

Joseon Era.

❁ daisy - "new beginning"  ❁

Jungkook leaned his back to the huge tree behind him, today yet again he found himself drawn to spend his time at this vast landscape. He took a deep breath as he close his eyes, inhaling the fresh air he craved for. This garden alone was huge, spreading out to the horizon. He could only imagine how much vast the world beyond the sea. Jungkook was a young man who craves for adventure, who wanted to go to places that he never been to; he wanted to see the world. But, all his parents want was for him to be a good son and marry with a woman of their choice. Jungkook wasn't the only children, he didn't understand why must it only him that needs to follow his parents' orders.

He sighed for the hundredth time if he kept track of it, but he wasn't alone. There was another voice sighed along with him. His body automatically become alert, as he look around but he didn't see anyone. Then, a figure popped from the opposite part of the tree, a woman showed herself. She had a kind of understated beauty, perhaps it was because she was so disarmingly unaware of her prettiness. Her ivory skin was completely flawless. Something about the simplicity of her attire boosts her natural beauty. Perhaps that was why her skin glowed so, it was her inner beauty that lit her eyes and softened her features. 

The woman beamed a smile, "Everytime I see you come here, you only sigh. Did you know that was the 10th sigh for today?" she spoke. Jungkook eyes widen into his confused doe looking eyes as he looked up at the girl in front of him. Who is this woman?

It seemed like the woman understood the bewildered look on his face, "How rude of me, hello. My name is Lee Ae-Ri, it's nice to meet you." Below the bright eyes was a grin that showed almost every tooth; with the moving of the corner of her lips pulled to the sides. Jungkook watched the woman held out a bouquet of flower, daisy. And that was their very first encounter, their new beginning.

 

❁❁❁

❁ chrysanthemum - "joy" ❁

"You're here again?" Jungkook sighed in defeat as she found her seat next to him.

She smiled proudly, "I guess, I am."

It's been months since the first time they met under this same tree, Ae-Ri claimed that Jungkook stole her seat, this was the tree that she had always come to ever since she was little. He thought it was childish of her to claim the public garden as "hers". They bickered for awhile and actually bonded over it, it was the first time Jungkook feel at ease, the first time he felt like he had a friend to talk with, without being bound by the rules and ethics. Some to talk with in a much free spirited way.

"What did you get me this time?" he asked coldly, despite secretly anticipating her response. Since the first day they met, Ae-Ri had been giving Jungkook flowers, and would tell her the story behind the meaning of the flowers she presented to him. He learn that her family run a flower shop at the city, that's where she got all these intel from.

She giggled, "Chrysanthemum. It represents joy." she shove the bouquet of flower to his direction as he held out his hand to receive it. Ae-Ri kept on rambling the flower she picked for him today, such vibrant smile and genuine happiness on her face. He recalled that her parents had been raising her to become the next successor of the shop, he wondered how she was so wiling to follow orders? Doesn't she have her own dreams?

"I don't understand you." Jungkook cut her in between her words.

She titled her head to the side, "Hmm? What don't you understand?" she asked.

"I don't understand how are you so willing to be a florist just because of your parent's request? Aren't you curious about the world? There's billions and billions of possibilities for you to find your own interest, your own passion. Why stop here?" he ranted, desperate to make Ae-Ri understand what he meant by his words.

They had been acquainted for some time now, Ae-Ri might not know what his family background was. But judging from the luxurious attire he wore compared to hers, she get the hunch that he was from a wealthy family. She might not understand how pressuring a noble family can be, all the responsibilities; but she get the point that he was trying to say but before she assume anything she asked him, "The reason that you want to go across the sea, is it because you truly want to know the world, or is it just a reason for you to run away from the unknown path that future holds?"

The question caught Jungkook by surprise, which one was it? What is the reason he wants to see the world? Was he truly sincere to experience the wonders of the world, or was he just trying to rebel against his parents or was he afraid of the responsibilities he will hold once he held the title of the King of Jeoson? 

(A/N: Jungkook is the Crown Prince in disguise, he went out from the palace to find peace and freedom.)

 

❁❁❁

❁ iris - "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter