[11] - m y o s o t i s

Lost Boy // JJK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: Season finale, finally! Enjoy~ Don't forget to comment and upvote if you feel like it!

 

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

《 𝓶𝔂𝓸𝓼𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓼 》

 

Ae-Ri woke up to the stinging pain all over her body; she didn't need to look at her reflection know how busted her lips were, or how big of wound at her head. The metallic taste woven with the slightly salty tone, Ae-Ri wiped the corner of her lips; blood. 

The crimson shade spread - surprisingly beautiful - on her purely pale skin. Looking around the alleyway, she couldn't spot Chaewon. "Even in this lifetime, Chaewon. You still want to dead, huh?" Ae-Ri thought to herself.

"Was is all just a dream? or..." She doubt the visions she saw. Her eyes wondered around to pot her sketch book, lying on the wet floor. The page of her drawing of the myosotis were soaked; it might as well become a part of the art itself. 

Myosotis - "Don't forget me."

 "So what if it's real or not? He doesn't remember." Ae-Ri scoffed despite her heart was crumbling, thinking how she hold on to a man who doesn't remember her. Holding onto a reality that only she knew about. At this point, it couldn't even count as a reality; it's a fantasy. She slammed her back to wall behind her, pushing herself up, wincing to every drastic movements. 

Dragging her lifeless body deeper into the alleyway, she walked. She walked to where her feet lead her, ignoring the meaningless stare and inaudible  whispers around. Just like in her past, those ignorant people watched her being stabbed by the royal guards. They watched her bleed out along her walk back to the place she considered her sanctuary, to walk to the person she considered her future.

But now, she didn't have that. She didn't have a sanctuary. She didn't have Jungkook. Where was she suppose to run to? Where was she suppose to find peace. Ae-Ri hobbled her way to God know where her feet were dragging her; the muted traffic sounds and the crowd that gasps as they pass her slowly resurfaced as she looked up to the building in front of her. 

The tall building reflected its'  success and wealth but she knew all too well about choosing wealth over anything else. "The Min Company...wah, they even used your name now, huh?" 

Ae-Ri looked down to her feet, what am I doing here? Why here? she question herself as if she knew the answer beforehand. But of course, she didn't know why. Why was she standing in front of the cause of her misery, the wealth that her father chased, the family that her father chose over and the boy that her father loved over her.  

Her eyes wondered around as if she was searching for a reason for her to stay but instead she saw the total opposite. The mint haired boy, leaning on the car as his attention stuck on the screen of his phone. Yoongi. 

It didn't took a long time before another figure came walking in the scene. It was the face that she only saw through the half shredded photo that she held on when she was a child, the man she was suppose to call a father. Ae-Ri watched as her father snatched Yoongi's phone away as he laughed at the boy he claimed as his son. 

When Ae-Ri was nothing but 5 years old, she had always wonder what kind of face that her father would have when he smiled, what would his laugh sound like. In fact, it has always been her wish to Santa, "I wish Dad would come back home." 

But she learnt the truth, the hard way.

Years passed she though she was over him, over the thought that her father would come back to home, she gave up on the idea of having a happy family, she gave up on him. "But why?..." Ae-Ri's lips trembled, "...why am I crying?" she whispered as she watched her father playing chase with the boy she was replaced with. 

Upon catching up and took back his phone, Yoongi grunted in annoyance with his eyes rolled to the side, there he finally saw Ae-Ri stood there, with the blood flowing from her temples, the corned of her lips busted, clear purple-ish blue and red shades covering her scrawny arms, the cuts on her legs seemed to be caused by something sharp but who knew what really happened to her.

Yoongi stand there frozen not knowing what to do in this situation besides calling out her name, "Ae-Ri?" his whisper were more like a gasp, his usually droopy eyes widen as his iris shaken. The older man in front of him was confused by the sudden change of his son's expression. His gaze followed Yoongi's to finally meet the pair of despair, crying eyes. 

The longing eyes that belongs to the daughter that he left abandoned. The last time he saw her was when she was born; still covered blood, the small girl in his arms were crying. It's ironically depressing that even after 18 long years had passed, she was still crying; she was still tainted in blood. 

But this time, it wasn't the blood of her mother; it was hers. The moment Yoongi was slowly making his steps, Ae-Ri sprinted into the building, leaving Yoongi's voice booming at the back calling out her name in repeat.

~~~

Jungkook woke as if he finally resurfaced from the deep sea, as if sleeping had become a dangerous thing to cause him gasping for air as soon as he opened his eyes. His heart beats fast and there was a buzzing in his brain and together they are as panic with jump-leads. 

Not knowing why, his chest hurts as much as his head. Not knowing why, tears were breaking free from the corners of his eyes. He jolted upwards, not caring where exactly he was at the moment, he felt as if he was having a hangover, not from drinks, but from the nightmares that demand solutions. 

"A nightmare? No..." Jungkook frowned as he tried to remember what was the cause of him waking up in panic, what was the cause of his distress. Then it clicked, the memories of his past had its rerun in rather fast speed but somehow painfully slow.

He didn't wait long to stand on his feet, he wobbled around as he tried to reach the exit door. Assuming he was still in his suit, the doctors didn't even get the chance to do a full check up on him. He couldn't care less about himself at this point of time, Jungkook just wanted to see Ae-Ri as soon as possible.

As he reached out his hand to call for the taxi, his phone rang. He took it out from the pocket of his blazer and looked at the number, it was an unknown number. "It couldn't be Ae-Ri..." regardless he picked up the call.

Before he could even greet the caller, the man from the other side of the line yelled from the top of his lungs, "Yah!! Jeon Jungkook! What the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter