EIGHT

C.E.O.

Taeyeon had a huge smirk on her face when she got the news that a Ms. Jessica Jung wanted to meet with her. She thought she could go to phase 3 before this meeting happened but she guessed Jessica couldn’t afford losing that factory.

A beep came on the intercom, “Taeyeon she is here. I sent her to conference room 1.”

Taeyeon reached over and answered back, “Thanks Soo. Be there in a bit.” Thinking of taking her sweet time, Taeyeon slowly got up and went to her full-sized mirror just to make sure she looked perfect. Although this was technically their second encounter since long ago, Taeyeon wanted to make sure she looked perfect. Of course she did.

Coming out of her office, Taeyeon could see Sooyoung standing at attention, “Did you want me to come with you?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No. I think I am good on my own.”

Sooyoung nodded, “Go get her boss.”

Taeyeon smiled, “She came to me, so we are already winning.”

Practically skipping down the hall, Taeyeon stopped right outside of the conference room to collect herself and put on a serious face. After a few seconds, Taeyeon felt composed and focused. She opened the door slowly and entered.

There she was, Jessica Jung sitting posed at the other end of the table with eyes that could pierce her heart. Taeyeon kept calm though and stepped inside, also taking a seat, “So what do I owe this pleasure Ms. Jung?”

Jessica waved off the sound of her name, “Enough with the proper names. I am going to call you Taeyeon and I prefer you call me Jessica.”

Taeyeon leaned forward, weaving her fingers together, “I prefer we keep things professional. After all, I assume you are here on business?”

Jessica sighed already accepting defeat, “Why did you buy my factory?”

Taeyeon raised her brow, “I needed to make product of course?”

“Oh don’t play dumb with me. You clearly bought out my bid. Why not do your business somewhere else, cheaper?”

Taeyeon leaned back in her chair loving this moment way too much, “I liked them best. Also if it happens that one of my competitors can’t do their business, then that is a bonus.”

“Taeyeon…” Jessica breathed out, almost as a plea.

Taeyeon gulped at the sound of her name coming out like that, but she tried to keep a straight face.

“Does this have something to do with what happened nearly 10 years ago?”

Taeyeon bit her lip and stood up, “If you already know, then you should know by now, I will do anything to get back what is mine.”

Taeyeon was ready to stomp out of the room, but Jessica held her back, “Wait! It is a misunderstanding.”

Taeyeon tried to tug her sleeve to have Jessica let go, but Jessica wasn’t loosening her grip, “Get off me.”

“No! Not again! I am not going to let you go without you hearing me out this time. I won’t let you just run away!” Jessica was nearly in tears as she held onto Taeyeon tightly.

Taeyeon could see the desperation in Jessica’s eyes causing her to collapse back into her seat, “Fine, but I doubt anything you say will change my mind.”