SEVENTEEN

C.E.O.

Taeyeon sat at her desk still trying to process her morning. It isn’t every day that you try to give away your company and your college friend/roommate confesses their love to you. How is one to handle this situation? Taeyeon assumed she handled it poorly because Jessica left shortly after that.

Sighing, Taeyeon didn’t know what to do. She could count on her hand how many times she was confessed to, a total of 1.

Did she need to give Jessica an answer right away? Did she like Jessica that way? It has been so many years since she last saw Jessica and her previous memories were filled with hate, so that made it even more confusing.

Closing her eyes, Taeyeon tried to imagine life with Jessica before all the bad stuff happened. She remembered laughing a lot, Jessica comforting her when she was upset, she remembered a lot of take-out because Jessica didn’t know how to cook…Taeyeon smiled at all the good she must have blocked out.

Taeyeon remembered that she really liked it when Jessica was there, she liked it when Jessica would tell her that she was amazing, she liked it when Jessica always wished her goodnight, she liked the way Jessica’s hair would smell like roses after a show, she liked it when she made Jessica smile…she liked Jessica.

Taeyeon jumped out of her chair, “I like her.” Smiling to herself, Taeyeon started pacing the room, “What do I do now? Call her?” Taeyeon shook her head, “Even I know not to confess over the phone. Don’t be stupid Taeyeon.” Reaching for her car keys, Taeyeon had every intention to drive over to Blanc and tell Jessica but she stopped midway to the door, “What if she is in a meeting? She is a CEO…and I am a CEO, why don’t I have more meetings?” Taeyeon thought for a second why she wasn’t so busy today so she peeked out to see Sooyoung typing.

Sooyoung realized someone was looking at her, “Taeyeon what are you doing?”

Taeyeon slowly opened the door, “Do CEOs usually have meetings all day?”

Sooyoung shrugged, “Depends on the day I guess.”

“I feel like I should be more busy.”

Sooyoung chuckled, “Just a few days ago you said to stop all the useless meetings so I filled in for you.”

“Right.”

Sooyoung could see something was bothering Taeyeon, “Why do I feel like you are not asking me about your non-existent schedule?”

Taeyeon bit her lip, “Soo have you ever been confessed to before?”

“Many times. I am a hot commodity.” Sooyoung said without much modesty.

“What do you do?”

Sooyoung tried to hide her smirk because she was so happy Taeyeon found love, “First you have to tell me who it is.”

Taeyeon scowled, “No way.”

“Then I won’t tell you what to do.”

Taeyeon thought for a second, “I don’t need your help.” Making her way out of the office, Taeyeon tried to ignore the huge ing grin on Sooyoung’s face because she had a mission. It was her turn to find Jessica.