Caught in the middle

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hari found herself in the hospital when she regained conscious. The luminous white lights were too harsh and painful for her bleary eyes and she had to look away and shut her eyes again to adjust to the bright surrounding. As she attempted to sit up, she saw a drip connected to her vein. She wondered what happened after her confrontation with Sehun that landed her here. Feeling dizzy from even the slightest movements, Hari laid back on the bed and closed her eyes, hoping that it would make her feel better. 

Groggily, she opened her eyes and she almost got the shock of her life when Sehun's face was just right above her.

"What the heck!" Hari yelped, palms placed on her chest.

"You are awake," Sehun remarked, stating the obvious, "Are you okay?"

"What happened to me?"

"You fainted. The doctor said it was because you have low blood sugar from not eating enough."

Feeling slightly better than earlier, Hari helped herself up. Sehun poured a glass of water for the pregnant girl and then  a plastic bag with a glazed donut inside to Hari's sight. 

"What is this?" Hari eyed the object before giving Sehun a questioning look.

"You should eat something high in sugar, so here's a donut for you. If you want to keep the child, you should learn to take good care of yourself and not skip meals. You are now eating to feed two."

Warmth pooled in Hari's stomach and turned dry suddenly. It wasn't in her plan to have Sehun involved in her life and the child but here he was showing concern for her, worrying that she didn't eat enough to feed the baby. Nonetheless, she took the donut from Sehun and thanked the guy in an awkward manner. Her stomach growled as waft of the sweet icing drifted into her nostrils. Even though the donut was not enough to make her feel full, it was sufficient to curb her hunger for the time being. 

"My apartment is nearby," Sehun initiated after a long silence, "We can order food and meanwhile, we should finish our conversation from earlier."

Hari paused, she dreaded having another serious talk. Putting the donut down, she turned to a guy with a heavy sigh, "I thought we have finished our discussion? There is honestly nothing to talk about anymore. I am thankful that you sent me to the hospital but really, there is no need for you to be involved in our lives. I have decided to raise the child myself, isn't that clear enough?" Annoyance dripping in her high-pitched voice. She didn't mean to sound confrontational but Hari was very sure they would come to the same conclusion even if they were to have another discussion, so what was the point? 

Sehun was slightly taken aback by the girl's temper. She was right that they had nothing to talk about anymore because it was clear that he couldn't take the responsibility and the girl was adamant in raising the kid by herself, yet it didn't sit right with him. Maybe it was the guilt he felt towards Hari that made him wanna do something for her; he remembered his heart dropping when she fainted in front of him. He was scared, frankly speaking, and he couldn't help to wonder what would happen if she had fainted alone without anyone knowing. 

"You know what," Hari let her droopy eyes fall on the guy once again as she spoke, "I just want to go home now, can you ask the doctor to discharge me?"

 

Hari and Sehun walked side by side without saying a word to each other after the girl gotten permission from the doctor to leave the hospital. As the girl was still feeling weak, she couldn't walk at her usual pace and the slow walk only prolonged the uneasiness between the two parties. They weren't exactly on a personal level with each other to hold deep conversations and they were only colleagues, so both of them didn't know what to say to each other to ease the awkwardness. 

As they were waiting for the lift, a kid ran past and bumped into Hari, causing the girl to stumble backwards. Out of reflex, Sehun caught her and held onto her firmly from behind. 

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked.

Hari's heart skipped a beat when she realised Sehun's face was right next to hers and her vision drifted to the scar on his right cheek automatically. It wasn't her first time seeing it since she has noticed it when she did his makeup but it was the most comfortable thing to stare at in order not to meet his brown orbs directly. The nervous girl almost forgot how to breathe until the tall lad leaned away and removed his hands from her body.

"Hey kiddo," Sehun bent down to look at the little boy with tenderness, "Do you know that it's dangerous to run around in the hospital?" Sehun poked the his nose with his finger in a playful manner, "You may injure yourself and injure others as well," He then brought him towards Hari, "Like this noona here, she has a baby in her stomach, we gotta be careful with her, don't we?" 

The little boy nodded and bowed to Hari, "I am sorry, noona."

Hari smiled, "It's okay."

Sehun patted the little boy's head and bade goodbye to him a grin on his face. Hari was surprised to see another hidden side of Sehun, the way he reprimanded the kid but at the same time he spoke in such an affectionate tone was a clear indication that Sehun had a way with kids. 

"You seem to love kids," The girl remarked as they entered the lift.

"I do love kids," Sehun answered but the fond smile fell from his face when he realised what they were threading on and suddenly, awkwardness found its way back to the two of them.

Hari and Sehun love kids. Hari and Sehun have a kid together, yet they can't raise the kid as a complete family.

 

Hari felt a nudge on her shoulder. In a daze, Hari's eyes fluttered open as she examined her surrounding, with Sehun looking at her directly. It then occurred to her that she had fallen asleep in his car. Brows furrowed, Hari looked out of the window and turned towards the guy in the driver's seat, who was busy typing on his phone, "Where are we?"

"We are at my place," Sehun answered while he continued to type on his phone.

The girl was feeling confused and mad at the same time, "What is wrong with you? I said we have nothing to discuss anymore, why did you bring me to your place?"

"Junmyeon hyung is coming over, we need his advice."

"For what?!" Hari yelled this time and that alone was enough to make her light-headed again.

Sehun casted a worried look at the frail-looking girl, "Are you okay? Would you calm down please? Stop wasting your energy unnecessarily. Let's go."

"I am not leaving the car, send me home!" The girl slumped and crossed her arms like a sulking child. 

Hari knew very well she should try to tame her temper and calm down as raging wouldn't do any good the baby but she couldn't keep her frustration in check when she had to deal with the stubborn man who refused to listen to her. Sehun suddenly got out of his car and that almost caused Hari to explode with rage because he just straight out disregarded her. Her line of vision followed through Sehun's action and when he stood next to her door, she sent him a death glare. Sehun opened the door and he carried Hari out of the car in bridal style swiftly.

"What are you doing?" Hari yelped, "Put me down!"

"You refused to budge so you asked for it," The guy replied coldly. After he closed the door with his foot, he walked towards the lobby with a fuming Hari in his arms. 

 

As they made their way to the top floor, Hari had quietened down as she succumbed to her fate unwillingly. There was no way she could escape in this state anyway. Sehun stopped in front of his door and glanced over at the unusually quiet girl in his arms, "Help me to key in my door code, 0606."

"You tell strangers your door code just like that?" 

"Are you a stranger?" Sehun scoffed, "You can try coming here to steal my valuables if you have the guts."

Rolling her eyes, Hari keyed in the door code as per Sehun's instruction. She had no idea what those numbers stand for but neither was she interested to know, it was bad enough that she had crossed the colleague boundary that she had always reminded herself not to and she didn't want to get anymore personal with the male idol. The door opened and Sehun was surprised that the lights in his house were switched on. His heart raced when he spotted a pair of familiar sneakers; it was a limited edition collection that he got for his girlfriend when he went to the US for his world tour. 

"!" 

"What's wron-"

"Shh!" Sehun cut her off curtly and gave her a stern look, causing the girl to seal instantly even though she had no idea what was happening and why he got all flustered in his own place suddenly.

Heart drumming nervously against his chest, Sehun entered his apartment cautiously. When he saw that the living room was clear and Joohyun nowhere in sight, he rushed into his walk-in closet room in a flash. He put the confused girl down on the ground gently and locked the door.

"What is going on? Why did you bring me in here for?"

Hari noticed that the guy had unknowingly got too close to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter