Damsel in Distress

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls were like princesses in their custom-made dresses as they were getting ready to film the performance video for their title track, Feel My Rhythm. Every member looked so gorgeous and everyone on set was complimenting the girls, especially Irene, whose beautiful face can never escape one's eyes.

Just like what Wendy said in the jacket behind video, Irene attracts attention wherever she goes.

"The credit goes to our stylists and makeup artists," Irene, who was feeling shy by the overwhelming compliments from the other staff, said. 

While Hari was still touching up Yeri's makeup and the staff were busy taking pictures for the other members, the girls' manager suddenly came in to the set with a large bouquet of pink roses. Everyone was speculating who was it for when the manager handed the flowers to Irene, who was caught off guard by the surprise. Her members started to as they knew who the sender was. 

Wendy snatched the card from Irene's hand to read the content, "My beloved Joohyun, congrats on your comeback. You are the only rhythm that I will never get tired of. Forgive me, babe. Xoxo, Hun," Wendy screeched, "Ahhhhh what is this!! I am having goosebumps!"

The female staff all reacted the same way as Wendy while Irene attempted to take the card back from Wendy, her cheeks turned a shade redder from having so many people around her that wouldn't stop teasing her.

"Irene eonni is so lucky," Yeri said to Hari in an envious tone, "I want a boyfriend as sweet as Sehun oppa too."

Hari chuckled, "You will meet the right guy when time comes." Funny how that came from a girl who just broke up not long ago.

"Hari eonni, you have been together with your boyfriend for many years right? I am sure you receive flowers frequently too, don't you?" Yeri asked, eyes glimmering like she was anticipating to her sharing about her love story, while Hari paused momentarily when she was patting the cushion on her face because her love story had, unfortunately, come to an end and not anything dreamy and romantic like Yeri fantasised anymore. Hari did receive flowers from Mingyu on special occassions but obviously, he couldn't splurge on huge bouquets like Sehun. Now that Yeri mentioned about flowers, Hari just realised that she hasn't received any flower from Mingyu for the past one year and she felt like she has been shortchanged in the relationship. Again, another red flag that she missed out. Not that Hari was being unreasonable but which girl doesn't like to receive flowers from their boyfriend?

"Yeri," Hari was hesitating to ask a question that has been bothering her but she still did anyway, "Erm...Did something happen between Irene and Sehun?"

"I think they had a fight recently, "Yeri replied, eyes still fixed on the group leader and the large bouquet in her arms, "To the extent of taking a break from each other."

"So now they reconciled?"

Yeri shook her head, she then whispered to Hari in a gossipy manner, "I don't think so though, but I know Joohyun eonni is just acting tough. I bet she misses Sehun oppa too, but she refused to admit. Now that Sehun oppa is trying to make up to her, I am sure they will get back together in no time."

Hari nodded with a meaningful look on her face as she kept her brush in her pouch and took out the lipstick. Well she really hoped that Irene will never find out what she and Sehun did that night. She felt bad enough to enter the wrong room, she could never let herself ruin their relationship.

"Strange, you rarely probe into our private lives but now you are curious about Joohyun eonni and Sehun oppa?" Yeri looked at Hari suspiciously.

Hari felt like she was breaking into cold sweat with Yeri's gaze on her, as if waiting for her to spill the tea, "I was just concerned. I mean, everyone in the company pretty much knows about Sehun and Irene and I think I heard some other staff saying that they broke up or something so I was just curious..."

Being in the media industry for close to ten years, Hari had encountered many idol couples and while she was surprised by some pairings, she wasn't shocked when she first knew about Sehun and Irene dating each other. Anyone with eyes in the company could tell how much Sehun likes Irene and he had been trying to court her ever since they did a photoshoot together for Ceci magazine in 2016. It was so obvious that the two of them were going to end up together because they were both similar in certain ways and they both have unattainable visuals. As much as they had to stay low-profile as they are both popular singers, Sehun never once failed his boyfriend duties as he always sends flowers to Irene whenever Red Velvet has a comeback or a concert. And on Irene's birthday, Sehun would send coffee trucks and prepare lunch boxes for all the staff like a fan doing birthday event for his of her favourite idol. Everyone was so envious of their relationship and even though Hari was still attached to Mingyu back then, she couldn't deny that Sehun was a very sweet boyfriend. 

Was he only pretending to be nice to everyone around Irene to show her that he is a boyfriend material? Because the last time Hari interacted with him, he was quite a rude . 

"They did take a break from each other but which couple doesn't go through ups and downs? Being in a relationship isn't just about rainbow and unicorns, overcoming the downs together would make them a stronger couple, wouldn't it?" 

Hari looked at Yeri, surprised to hear such wise words from someone who is five years younger than her. 

"So you think a relationship is worth fighting for even if one of them has lost feelings?"

"Well, that doesn't matter because if you still have feelings for that person, you should never give up and fight for your happiness till the end. Even if it fails eventually, at least you tried your best fighting for it. Don't regret at what you have done, but regret what you haven't," Yeri looked so hopeful that Hari almost believed that there was still hope in her relationship with Mingyu, "Wait," Yeri's face turned stern, "What do you mean by one of them has lost feelings? Who lost feelings for who? Sehun oppa lost feelings for Joohyun eonni?? That's impossible!"

Hari chuckled, "Nothing, Yeri. I wasn't referring to them."

Yeri was right. Hari shouldn't give up on her relationship just like that, she had to fight for her own happiness. Even if she got rejected again, at least she tried.  

 

Lurking outside the restaurant, Hari looked completely like a suspicious stalker as she tried to spot for her ex-boyfriend and his current girlfriend.  lie. When Hari found out through Mingyu's instagram story that he brought his current girlfriend to their favourite restaurant, she felt a million knives stabbed into her heart, she felt miserable. This restaurant was also a place filled with their memories because it was where they had their first date and they came here for every anniversary, Hari thought that it was supposed to be a thing between him and her; though they had broken up, how could he bring another girl just like that? It broke Hari's heart to know that he had moved on from their relationship too quickly, like she didn't mean anything to him, their six-year long relationship meant nothing to him. 

When she saw her ex-boyfriend feeding his new girl as they laughed happily, sorrow surged in her and Hari felt her eyes b with tears because they looked so deep in love. Maybe it was a wrong decision to come here. If she went home straight after work, she wouldn't have to witness such a cruel scene. 

"What are you doing?"

Hari got a shock by the voice behind her and she spun around to see who was talking to her. It was a tall guy wearing a black cap that she had seen it before. Hari bent down to catch a glimpse of the guy's face and she gasped to see Oh Sehun standing in front of her. 

"Sehun-ssi?"

Unlike Hari who was in a stupor, Sehun had an nonchalant expression hung on his face while he crossed his arms, "What are you doing here behaving like a thief?"

"What thief? I was just-" Hari paused when she realised she almost spilled her reason for coming here. 

"Stalking your boyfriend?"

The girl screamed internally but tried to remain as composed as she could on the outside, "What are you saying?" 

Sehun shrugged, hands now in his pockets instead, "You have been staring at the couple at a corner and you look really upset. I am not stupid, I can piece the puzzle together."

Hari wished she wasn't so obvious with her emotions because it only made her fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter