Heartache

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai and Baekhyun were busy scrolling their phones as they read the various news articles about their fellow member and also to check on the reactions of the fans and online netizens. There were so many naysayers who left malicious comments attacking the youngest member in EXO and Hari and they felt their anger spiking reading those awful things. Suho entered the dorm and greeted the guys absent-mindedly as he sank on the couch to shut his eyes for a while.

"How's Sehun? Is he okay?"

Suho pinched his nose bridge, "Not really, I bet he is drinking at home now," He then let out a huge sigh, "I just found out that he didn't break up with Irene prior to the wedding."

"What?" Kai rose from his lying position instantly, "So Irene noona found out about Sehun's marriage through the news?" He asked, eyes bulging in horror as he imagined the worst happening, "She couldn't have taken the news well, could she? They are so in love."

"I don't know what went on between them but I know I have to lecture that brat when I see him. How could he do this? He basically two-timed..." He paused for a second, "Hari?" Suho adored Sehun like his younger brother but he couldn't indulge him for his unfaithful behaviour. He knew very clearly that Sehun only married Hari because she got pregnant and he didn't love her but it wasn't right for him to carry on with his relationship with Irene and lied to her while he had already married someone else.

"Give that child a break," Baekhyun said, "He has enough on his plate. Though it's not right for Sehun to do that, it's somehow understandable and not completely absurd? Irene is the only one he loves yet he had to marry someone else, it must have been hard on him."

Suho leaned his head on couch headrest and emitted a deep, tired breath. He felt conflicted after hearing what Baekhyun said but it was hard for him to agree with Sehun's cheating behaviour. 

 

The next morning when Hari walked out of the study, she paused at the sight of Sehun lying on the couch with his eyes shut. She frowned at the strong alcohol smell and she wondered how much the guy drank last night to be knocked out completely. Though she felt bad seeing him sleeping in an incorrect posture on the couch, she reckoned that Sehun would prefer she left him alone. Hence, she decided to leave him in that state and headed out for work. 

On her way to work, Hari couldn't help to worry about her colleagues' reactions to the news yesterday. Most importantly, how would the Red Velvet girls, especially Irene, think of her? As much as she wished to prolonge her travel time to the office, she knew that what has to come would happen eventually, she couldn't escape for long unless she quits her job. She stepped into the office building with a heavy heart and her head lowered, hoping to avoid eye contact with anyone that could possibly recognise her. 

Hari pressed the lift button quickly. As the door opened, she was greeted by two female employees from the marketing department and somehow she was relieved that they weren't people she had a close relationship with. The girl entered the lift and pressed the number button.

"Did you see the news about Sehun yesterday?"

Hari's stomach churned instantly. She was feeling scared and nervous about what the girls were going to say next.

"Of course! It's everywhere! I heard that his wife works in SM too."

Hari suddenly choked on her saliva and coughed loudly, startling the girls in the elevator. They casted a brief glance at her and Hari apologised.

"What?!" The girls continued with their conversation while Hari wished she could escape from the elevator as soon as possible, "Do you know who is she? Man, isn't Sehun dating Irene? How can Sehun cheat on Irene and get another girl pregnant?" 

"I know right? Men are trash. I wonder how Irene took the blow. I really ship them and I feel so bad for her."

The elevator finally arrived at Hari's floor and she fled without giving the girls a second look. Before heading to the makeup room, Hari made her way to the washroom for a quick breather. She exchanged eye contact with the girls in the washroom and went straight for an empty cubicle. 

"Isn't that Red Velvet's makeup artist?"

Hari's heart stopped for a second. Unlike the girls in the elevator, the ones in the washroom had recognised her. She then heard a loud gasp.

"She is the girl who got married to Sehun?!"

"Yeah, that's her, Son Hari."

"I can't believe she has the audacity to come to work after stealing Irene's man? Isn't it going to be awkward for them to work together."

"I guess she has no shame."

The girls laughed obnoxiously as they walked out of the washroom. Hari felt hot tears b in her eyes, she gripped tightly onto the door knob for support. She didn't want to cry over the mere assumption from people who didn't know her on a personal level but it didn't mean their words weren't hurtful to her. Letting out a deep breath, Hari wiped her tears before she stepped out of the cubicle. The distressed girl looked at her own reflection on the mirror as she put on a stiff smile. It was going to be a long day ahead. 

 

Hari felt relieved when she arrived at the makeup room to see that it was barely occupied. There were only a stylist and an intern arranging the clothes on the rack and she was thankful that they didn't pay attention to her. 

"Yah! Son Hari!"

The startled girl was suddenly crushed into a tight hug by someone.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter