Little blessings

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Over here, Mrs Oh!!"

Hari suddenly got conscious of the stares she was receiving from other diners when her bestie shouted for her and waved animatedly to her in the restaurant. She hurried to their table and hushed Young-seo, "Don't call me that!"

Young-seo chuckled, "You are Mrs Oh! The famous EXO member, Oh Sehun's wife! Why are you not proud of your identity?"

The paranoid girl looked around her surrounding and she was thankful that no one paid attention to her bestie, "Are you drunk already? It's only 1pm," She frowned, even though no alcohol was spotted on the table, "Behave yourself."

"I am not drunk. I am just happy to see you after not seeing you for the past few weeks. I was so bored after you moved out of my place. So tell me, how are you adapting to your life as Mrs Oh?" Young-seo teased again. 

If Hari could drink the beer that Young-seo ordered for herself, she would have done so but for the baby, she couldn't, so instead, she grabbed the glass of orange juice and pretended that it was alcohol. Not like drinking alcohol was the best solution but at least, it could make Hari feel better temporarily.

"Why? You don't look happy," Young-seo's face turned serious, like she was genuinely concerned about her best friend's well-being, "Did Sehun bully you? Or do his family members not like you?"

Hari shook her head, "Nothing, his family members are okay," Although not all, Hari thought, "Just," She struggled with her words before she gave up and shook her head again, "Nothing, I am fine, just under some work stress," She gave Young-seo an assuring smile. 

Young-seo didn't buy Hari's lies but she decided to give her the benefit of doubt and respect her instead of pressuring her to talk about things she didn't want to mention. 

"Okay, okay, let's not think about the unhappy stuff and enjoy our bestie date today!"

 

Young-seo dragged Hari to sing karaoke and while Young-seo sang and performed passionately to EXO's songs, Hari could only shake the tambourine as she wasn't as familiar with the songs as the girl who had been hardcore fan for the past decade. She would join in to do some of the iconic moves like the chorus part of 'Wolf' but other than that, it was just Young-seo's solo concert most of the time. Hari was truly entertained by her best friend and she managed to take some things off her mind, thanks to her hilarious best friend, who started dancing to 'Monster' on the couch.

"I am creeping in your heart, babe!" Young-seo pointed at Hari and the latter laughed, "Oh come on, Hari! Time for you to get familarise with your husband's songs!" Young-seo pulled Hari up and made her dance with her. The stiff pregnant lady with two left feet had no choice but to do some moves to match her best friend's energy level. Her stamina wasn't as good as Young-seo so the moment the song ended, Hari dropped herself on the couch.

"I am done for the day," Hari did a kill motion with her hand.

"Okay, time for some ballad then," Young-seo pressed the next button, "Overdose!"

Hari's eyes enlarged, "Excuse me? How is that a ballad?"

Young-seo was already in her own world once the song started and Hari gave up questioning as the loud music overpowered her voice. If her best friend said that 'Overdose' is a ballad, then ballad it is.

 

Hari never failed to enjoy her time with Young-seo everytime they hung out and it was a pity that their date ended so quickly. Young-seo had dinner plans with her friends and since it was still early, Hari decided to head to the supermarket near Sehun's apartment to get some groceries. It was actually just an excuse for Hari to delay returning to the apartment that didn't make her feel at home. She wasn't sure if Sehun was currently at home but regardless, she tried avoiding going back early as his presence made her feel uneasy. 

Just as Hari was browsing the fruits section, her eyes somehow landed on a familiar figure at the vegetable section. There was no way she would miss that beautiful face that always stood out in the crowd and she screamed internally. In a panic mode, Hari whipped out her phone and dialed for Sehun's number.

"I saw Irene, she is at the supermarket near your place. Why didn't you inform me that she is coming over?" 

Hari didn't want to sound like she was upset but she was panicking like mad as she put her basket aside and rushed out of the supermarket without catching Irene's attention. 

"I didn't know Joohyun is coming over! ! Are you on your way home?"

So it was a surprise visit that Sehun wasn't aware of, Hari thought. She nodded even though Sehun couldn't see, "Yeah, I am heading back asap."

"Okay, please get home with the fastest speed possible. I am coming back now."

 

Running was never Hari's forte and she hated that sports with a passion. Yet, she was running back to Sehun's apartment with her lousy stamina that made her breathless within a short time because she had to clear her stuff and not leave a trace of her staying at the penthouse before Irene m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter