Surprise Attack

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun wasn't sure how long he had locked himself in his room but he definitely wasn't expecting to see Suho chilling on his couch in his apartment as he listened to his music. He thought Suho has left after he threw a fit at the older guy. When Suho noticed Sehun's presence in the living room, he took down his headset and sat up from his lying position.

"So you finally decided to come out?"

"Why are you still here?" Sehun asked while he headed towards the kitchen to grab a can of beer. 

"To make sure that you wouldn't do anything stupid?"

Sehun clicked his tongue as he joined his hyung at the couch. He drank his beer and stared at the ceiling with a heavy heart. He wished there was a perfect solution that could solve all his problems, so he wouldn't need to fret over his troubles anymore. He hated all these mixed feelings and confusion occupying his head. 

"There is no such thing as the perfect solution, Sehun."

Eyes widened, Sehun turned his head towards Suho swiftly as he wondered how Suho knew exactly what he was thinking.

"You got yourself into this mess, you gotta make some sacrifices."

"And you are telling me to sacrifice my happiness for Son Hari and the thing in her stomach?" 

Hostility dripped from Sehun's voice; his words earned a death glare from the older guy. Suho then smacked his head.

"What do you mean the thing? That thing is a life and is your child!"

Sehun groaned, refusing to admit his mistake even though he knew that he went overboard with his words. 

"You know what," Suho shrugged as he stood up, "I have given my piece of advice but I guess it's useless so I am gonna take my leave," He gave Sehun one last look before he left, "Still, I hope you will think through it. Be a responsible man and take responsibility for your actions. Don't let Hari face this alone."

 

Sehun couldn't get a wink of sleep last night. Suho's words have been replaying like a broken record in his head and at that moment, he lowkey hated his leader for causing him to lose his sleep. As he entered the elevator in his office building, he heard someone running in a haste and hollering for the lift so he quickly pressed for the open button for whoever that needed to take the elevator urgently. When the doors open, both he and the girl carrying multiple paper bags on her hands and her forearms paused to acknowledge each other. No matter how uncomfortable the girl felt, she entered the elevator nonetheless as she didn't want the guy to think she was avoiding him on purpose again. 

"Which level?" Sehun broke the silence.

"Level 10 please, thanks," Hari muttered.

As soon as their interaction ceased, awkwardness fell in again. Hari couldn't help to wonder why she was always stuck in this situation with Sehun. It was as if fate was playing a trick on her, ever since she found out that she was pregnant with his child, she seemed to see him everywhere. While Hari was busy cursing her ill fate mentally, Sehun was eyeing her backview from head to toe, before his disapproving gaze landed on the paper bags she was carrying. 

"You are pregnant, you shouldn't carry heavy stuff. Why are you even helping with the clothes? You are a makeup artist, not a stylist."

Hari turned her head sidewards, "The stylists needed help and since I was free, why not? We are colleagues and colleagues should help one another. Plus, they are not that heavy," She then directed her vision to the jumping red number on the screen, hoping that the elevator could go faster a tad bit so she could get herself out of his interrogation. Not to mention that she could feel her arms breaking from the clothes (yeap, she was lying). 

"But you are pregnant, they shouldn't make you do any laborious work.

The fact that the elevator seemed to be working slower than usual was already ticking Hari off, so the constant bugging from the guy behind her was like the cherry on top causing her anger to spike. She frowned and spun her body violently, "I already said these clothes are not heavy. How laborious is it to carry these bags? I am pregnant, not disabled," She didn't mean to throw a tantrum at Sehun, who was just showing concern, but at that moment, she really wished he could keep his mouth shut and leave her alone.

"Let me help you."

Sehun tried to take the bags from Hari but the girl refused to budge. The two of them engaged in a push and pull game before two of the bags snapped, causing the clothes to spill on the ground. Hari gasped at the pool of clothes on the ground.

She then glared at Sehun, "What's your problem?!" She roared, "This is all your fault!"

The two of them happened to have their heads collide against each other as they both bent down to pick up the clothes at the same time.

"Yah!" Fury overcame Hari, she yelled as she pushed Sehun, making him lose his balance. Out of reflex to prevent himself from falling backwards, Sehun grabbed onto the nearest thing he could reach, which was Hari's forearm, and that pull resulted the pregnant girl to fall forward. In the middle of this chaos, everything seemed to happen in a blur, and Hari had no idea how she ended up falling on top of Sehun's body, with her lips connecting to his, while Sehun had his arms secured around the pregnant girl.

Hari blinked her rounded eyes in a robotic manner. Their joined lips caused her body to go into freeze mode and sent her heart into a frenzy state. And the worst thing was the kiss had somehow triggered her memory from that night. She saw images of them making out passionately, hands roaming around each other's bodies desperately, and she wanted to scream when she saw herself taking initiative to undress him. 

A feeling of disorientation sank in as Hari stared at the guy below her in utter shock. In a bolt, Hari pulled away from the guy and the back of her head bumped onto the handrails.

"Ah!" Hari rubbed the part where she collided in pain.

"Are you okay?" Sehun shot up in worry. He quickly attended to her as he tried to touch her head, causing the girl to flinch from his touch, "Why are you so clumsy? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, I am fine," Hari then scrambled to pick up the clothes on the floor. She needed to escape from Sehun asap, he was definitely way too unhealthy for her heart and she hated the effect he had on her. 

As if Hari's prayer was heard, the elevator arrived at her level just when she finished packing up. Without bidding goodbye, Hari rushed out with her bags as soon as the doors opened and disappeared into the hallway, leaving Sehun to wonder if she was just an imagination.

 

"Oh lord, don't stop..."

"You smell so good, babe."

"I need you now... Ugh c-, get the ."

"Let's do it raw, babe."

Sehun stared hard at the ground below his feet, his arched brows forming a knot unknowingly. He wasn't sure how the accidental kiss he had with Hari in the elevator brought a part of his memories from their one night stand back but he didn't like it at all. He didn't want to recall anything from that night and to find out that he was the one who suggested to do it without protection caused a huge lump to grow in his throat. Guilt sank in, eating his conscience up. It was all his fault, Sehun thought. If they had used protection, maybe Hari wouldn't get pregnant and they could carry on with their lives as per normal while that one night stand would just be an unspoken secret buried underground. 

"I am a ing moron," Sehun berated himself. 

"Hey day dreamer, it's your turn," Kyungsoo took a seat next to Sehun and tapped his knee to get his attention, "You have been zoning out a lot today."

"Did I?" Sehun chuckled dryly before walking into the recording suite to sing his part.

Suho, who overheard their conversation, looked at the youngest member with a concern look. He knew exactly what was troubling Sehun and he felt like he failed as a leader for not sharing his woes with him. He could tell that Sehun was visibly distracted and his mind was elsewhere but he didn't want to reprimand him to get his head in the game. 

"Okay anytime," The producer said to Sehun and Sehun proceeded to sing his part. 

Even though Sehun didn't bring his A game to the recording session, he still managed to finish his part within a few tries. Because of that, it didn't raise any suspicions in Kyungsoo, fortunately. As Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter