Decision

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was supposed to be just any other normal day. Hari was baffled by how quickly the situation changed and how so many events happened within 24 hours. She was working in the office, she then rushed to the hospital after receiving a call from her bestie that her mother got into an accident, Sehun and Suho came along and Sehun revealed to her mother that he was the one who got her pregnant, and now, they were all sitting in the living room of Young-seo's apartment in heavy silence and with tension surrounding the five of them. She wondered if she should say something before Sehun withered there and then from her mother's death glare. Hari turned to Young-seo, hoping to seek her help but her bestie was busy drooling and admiring the two handsome men opposite her. She parted her lips to let out a sigh.

"What's your name?" Hari's mother broke the deafening silence.

"Oh Sehun," Sehun answered, a fearful expression could be seen on his face.

"What do you work as? How much do you earn a month?"

"Huh?" The flustered guy rubbed his nape, "Depends, I don't have a fixed monthly income."

A look of displease formed on the older woman's face, she bellowed, "What? You are a lazy bum who doesn't have a proper job? And you want to raise the kid with Hari? What are you going to feed the kid with?"

"Eomma!" Hari nudged her mother, feeling embarrassed by the fact that her mother had misunderstood the guy and even gave him a degrading term, "He is a celebrity."

"Yeah, eomma!" Young-seo finally butted in, "Sehun and Suho are both in a very popular boy group called EXO! They are both artistes under the company that Hari works in."  

"Oh," Hari's mother stated in a hesitant manner, "You should have made yourself clear," Voice lowered by a few decibels, "Anyway, you said earlier than you will raise the child together with Hari, wouldn't this affect your career? I may not know much about the entertainment industry but since you are an idol, are you sure you can marry Hari and raise your child together?"

Eyes enlarged, both Sehun and Hari turned their heads swiftly and looked at each other like partners with extraordinary chemistry, "Marry?" The two of them went rigid upon hearing what the older woman just said. Getting married to each other was definitely not in their plan.

"Eomma," Hari called softly, "We are not getting married."

"What?" Fury sprung to life, Hari's mother yelled, "What do you mean you two are not getting married? He said he is going to raise your child together! Doesn't that mean you two are going to marry each other and raise the child together?" Her anger rose by each minute, "Are you trying to fool me?" Hari's mother asked Sehun in an accusing way, "You don't actually want to take the responsibility, do you?"

"I-"

Hari's mother shot up from her seat before Sehun could even speak, "How can you push your responsibility away and let my daughter bear this alone?," Rage filled her orbs, "Are you even a man?"

Hari tried to calm her mother down and remind her about her injury.

"Okay, okay," Suho quickly stood up and interrupted before another dispute erupts, "I think we should let Sehun and Hari have a talk by themselves first. They are the ones directly involved and I think they should be the ones deciding how they plan to handle the situation."

 

"You shouldn't have said that you are the father and you will raise the child together with me."

Hari spoke in a calm and low voice as she sat on her bed. She was frustrated by how things deviated from the path that she had planned but she still tried her best to simmer down as she didn't want to raise her temper for fear that it would affect her baby. 

"And let your mother beat you to death?" Sehun asked with hostility, slowly feeling like he was losing a grip of himself, "I am not that cruel to turn a blind eye to that?"

"It would have been better if you stayed out of it," Hari deadpanned, deep in her heart, she appreciated that Sehun was looking out for her and was trying to stop her mother from berating her but it was not worth it to be entwined in a bigger mess.

Sehun felt a wave of fury crashed through him, "Yeah, sorry for being a busybody then," Voice dripping with sarcasm. He then stormed towards the window, hoping that some fresh air would help make him feel less suffocated and less pissed. He felt offended that he was just trying to protect Hari and yet it seemed like she was making this his fault for poking his nose into her business. As he looked out of the window, he saw a family of three strolling by. The toddler was trying to walk on his own but he lost his balance eventually and he cried when he stumbled. His parents then rushed towards the little boy and his father pick him up and give him a hug while his mother gave him a kiss on his cheek, seemingly a very blissful family in Sehun's eyes. Sehun imagined himself being that father, comforting and hugging his child when his child fell, and that put a smile on his face. Slowly, he spun around to find Hari with a distressed look on her face and her shoulders slumped and the tiny smile on his face disappeared too because as much as he wished he could be like that happy family of three too, the reality was right in front of his eyes, Irene wasn't the one pregnant with his kid and that wish of his would never come true.

"Are you guys done d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter