Boundaries

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hari moved in to Sehun's place the following night after the wedding ceremony and after she made sure that her mother took the train back to Daegu. She had expected Sehun to not be around when she arrived at his apartment as his manager had informed her that he was in the midst of filming for his drama but it still felt strange that she moved into someone else's place while the owner wasn't in. It wasn't her first time here but it was only then she had the opportunity to take a good look at his apartment and she was awestruck by the huge space and the sleek black interior with grey-coated shiplap accent wall that added dept to the monotonous yet elegant apartment. Making her way across the polished wood floors, she was even more impressed by the picturesque river view outside of cream white floor-to-ceiling windows and she wondered how much the EXO member earned exactly to be able to afford such a luxurious penthouse. 

The girl filled with amazement took the liberty to tour the penthouse since she was bored and had nothing to do until the owner returned. Plus, the grand apartment was nowhere near her previous place with Mingyu and Young-seo's cosy apartment so she couldn't help to check the place out. As she walked past the walk-in wardrobe, she arrived at a room that caused her jaw to drop. Cautiously, Hari entered and she was amazed by the huge pictures of Irene hung on the wall like a solo exhibition made for her. There were pictures from each comeback and Red Velvet's concert, and not to mention the official lightsick and albums, including Irene's sub-unit album, that were neatly arranged on the shelf. Hari had this new-found respect for Sehun for his efforts and dedication towards Irene and she couldn't help to compare her previous relationship to theirs. Suddenly, Mingyu seemed like a ty boyfriend who continued to lead her on even though he had lost feelings and was seeing another girl behind her back. It was impossible for Hari to not be envious. Sehun really, really loved Irene a lot. 

Hari moved on the other rooms in the apartment, which were the master bedroom, study room, and bathroom, and just as she was wondering where she would be sleeping, she heard the sound of the door opening and hurriedly, she fled to the living room and sat on the couch, pretending like she didn't just invade someone else's privacy by touring the apartment by herself. 

Sehun walked in with Vivi in his arms and when the two of them had eye contact with each other, Hari stood up and greeted Sehun. He almost forgot that Hari was moving in until his manager reminded him. The air turned still and the awkwardness returned as Hari didn't know how to act around Sehun. 

"We need to talk. We need to set some ground rules."

The tall guy's voice came out colder than usual and Hari could only nod like a puppet being controlled. Sehun put Vivi down and took a seat at the dining table; Hari followed suit and occupied the seat opposite him.

"I didn't end my relationship with Joohyun."

Hari somehow figured that, clearly, the photographs in the master bedroom and that room were evidences that he could never let his girlfriend go. 

"Our marriage has to be kept a secret. Aside those who attended the wedding ceremony yesterday, no one else should know about it, especially Joohyun."

The girl nodded. She had no intention of letting people know about their marriage anyway, and she didn't even want to imagine what his fans would do to her if they found out. 

"Our marriage happened purely to give the baby a complete family. Other than that, don't expect too much out of our marriage and don't meddle in my affairs. You live your life, and I live mine."

Hari could only agree to what Sehun said, even if she didn't like the harsh tone he took on her. 

"Do not go into my room, do not touch my things, and do not touch anything that doesn't belong to you, especially Joohyun's stuff."

Hari lowered her head, somehow guilty of the fact that she just did that before he came back home. 

"Also," Sehun extended his palm, "The ring on your finger is a gift I got for Joohyun. Can I have it back?"

That was probably the nicest thing that came out of Sehun's mouth that night. Hari quickly pulled out the ring and handed it back to Sehun.

"Thanks."

With that, Sehun took his leave and locked himself in his room. Meanwhile, Hari remained seated at the dining table as she tried to digest what just happened. Although she knew that Sehun wasn't the happiest with this arrangement, she didn't expect him to be so repulsive and the way he treated her and talked to her earlier was quite hurtful. Hari thought that maybe they could live together amicably, like housemates maybe, but guess it was all her wishful thinking. Hari rubbed her stomach with a saddened expression. She was beginning to wonder if she made the correct decision marrying Sehun. 

Hari laid on the expensive leather couch and stared at the ceiling above. There was clearly no room for her in this huge apartment and this was probably where she was going to sleep from now on. 

 

Hari couldn't look at Irene without feeling guilty. She couldn't pretend like she didn't get married to her boyfriend a few days. Irene's lips stretched into a wide smile as her fingers were busy typing on her phone and Hari's stomach churned knowing that the only person who could have such effect on Irene was the man that she got married to. Was she considered a third party in this case?

"Our marriage has to be kept a secret. Aside those who attended the wedding ceremony yesterday, no one else should know about it, especially Joohyun."

Sehun's words replayed in Hari's mind and she couldn't help with the pressure growing inside of her. It was a terrible feeling that she had to keep such a huge secret from someone she worked closely with and she had to be careful about the things she said to Irene from then onwards. 

"Are you okay, Hari? You have been zoning out."

Seulgi's voice snapped Hari out of her reverie. And that caught Irene's attention, who briefly directed her vision from her phone to the makeup artist. 

"Yeah," Irene spun from her seat with a concerned look, "Your face looks pale."

Hari smiled in a stiff manner, "I am fine, sorry," She then continued with Seulgi's makeup and she was somehow thankful to the guy who was keeping Irene occupied with her phone so she could avoid having another conversation with her. 

"Hari, Hari, Hari~"

The makeup artist turned towards the door when she heard her name being called in a sing-song tone. Cherry walked in and took the makeup brush from Hari, "Someone is looking for you, she is waiting for you at the lobby, I will take over."

"Who?" A clueless look formed on Hari's face. It was super rare for someone to look for her during her working hours and the only person that came to her mind was Young-seo but she wouldn't have done that without any notice.

Cherry shrugged, "I don't know. It's an old lady

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter