Avoidance

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hari was someone that never enjoyed having attention on her. She hated it when her teacher made her read the passage in front of the whole class in high school, she hated every single presentation that she had to do in university, and now she had so many pairs of eyes on her, she felt uneasy. Palms turned clammy, heart beating rapidly, this was too nerve-wrecking and Hari wanted to run away immediately. What was she supposed to say anyway? Tell her colleagues the truth or lie to them that the ultrasound picture wasn't hers? She didn't even plan to let any of her colleagues know about her pregnancy, not until her stomach started to show and people started to speculate. It never came across Hari's mind that she would be exposed like that. 

"I-uh..." Hari's voice came out like a breathy whisper, like her breath got knocked out of her lungs. 

"I think this is Hari's privacy," Minjung's sharp voice sliced through the thick tension in the air, she took the ultrasound picture from Kai, "If Hari doesn't want to say anything," Unfazed orbs shifting between Kai and Cherry, "Then I don't think we should pressure her," She handed the picture back to Hari with an assuring smile and the girl couldn't be more than thankful for the older woman for coming to her rescue, "Are you okay? You look pale," Minjung asked in a soft voice, unlike the one she used usually.

The pregnant girl nodded, even though she was feeling like on the inside. The smokey environment wasn't the only thing affecting her, the nerves from earlier was making her sick too, "I think I will make a move first," Hari gave a slight bow to her colleagues before stepping out of the suffocating room.

 

"What's wrong with you?"

Sehun bit his fingers nervously. His head was in a turmoil and it was so obvious from his dark, troubled gaze that Suho couldn't help to notice the strange behaviour that the younger guy had been displaying the whole night. Sehun was like an open book to Suho, afterall he had watched him grow up from a child to a young man, so to see worry and uncertainty reflecting from his brown orbs, Suho wondered what could bother the usually carefree maknae. 

"Hyung," Sehun called, his tone solemn, "What would you do if you knocked up a girl?"

Suho choked on his Yuja tea. His pale face morphed into a shocked expression and his widened eyes were so close to dropping out. He didn't see that question coning, "You got Joohyun pregnant?!" He shrieked. 

"No!" Sehun quickly refuted his claim, brows arched into a deep knot, "It's just a random question."

Suho thought his heart was going to burst out of ribcage but that simple no from Sehun was sufficient to calm his heart down. Sehun was still a child in his eyes despite the fact that he was a fully grown adult, he couldn't imagine him being a father at this stage in life. 

"Well, I will take the responsibility of course. Unless my girlfriend isn't ready for a child, but I will try to convince her to keep the child and I will tell her that I will be there for her to take care the both of them."

A fond smile grew on Suho's face as he pictured having a family of his own in the future, whereas for Sehun, he could barely contain the frustration boiling inside of him. He would probably get the same answer from every single person in his group and he would have said the same thing too because that is the right thing to do, but the reality was the person that he knocked up wasn't his girlfriend and not someone he loves. 

"What if that girl is someone you barely know? And you have no feelings for?"

The older guy paused momentarily as he cast a suspicious look at the young man opposite him. Putting his Yuja tea aside, Suho crossed his arm and leaned forward, like he was getting ready to interrogate Sehun for his weird behaviour, there was no way he would ask those questions for fun, "Spill it, what's up with you?"

Back slouched on the chair, a heavy sigh escaped Sehun's parted lips, "You know, Son Hari, the makeup artist?" He spoke hesitantly.

"Yeah, speaking of her, I felt bad for her earlier on. She looked so flustered, like she wasn't prepared to announce her pregnancy to everyone but got exposed by accident."

The worried look on Sehun's face didn't go unmissed by Suho, who knew the maknae like the back of his hand. He noticed the way Sehun's lips pressed together in a firm line instead of finishing his sentence, like there was a lot going through his mind, like he wanted to say something but didn't know where to start. Men are known to be dense creatures but Suho was an exception. The moment Sehun's troubled gaze met with Suho's bulging eyes, he knew that Suho had everything figured out.

"Dude, don't tell me you are the one who got Hari pregnant," Suho spoke in a disbelief manner. 

The silence was a clear indication. The relief that Suho felt a few minutes ago vanished immediately knowing that Sehun indeed got himself into deep . Words were stuck in his throat because he couldn't wrap his mind around the idea of Sehun getting another girl, besides his girlfriend, pregnant, "How?" He asked while he was still in a shock.

"It was an accident," Sehun's voice dripping with frustration, "Son Hari was drunk and she mistook my room as hers when Joohyun handed her the room card. I was feeling drowsy from the flu medicine and...things happened."

Suho couldn't believe his ears, he never once thought that such cliche in dramas would actually happen in real life, and it happened to someone so dear to him. 

"So what do you plan to do? Does Joohyun know about it?"

"Joohyun can't know about this!" Sehun got into defensive mode, hand curled into a fist, "She is bound to break up with me if she found out."

"Then you are just gonna let Hari raise the kid herself?"

Pinching his nose bridge, Sehun heaved a exasperated sigh as he shut his eyes, thoughts swirling like a huge mess in his head. He didn't have the perfect solution to deal with this complicated situation yet but what he knew for sure was that he cannot lose his girlfriend because of this mistake. 

"Tell me what I should do, hyung."

Sehun sounded so lost and distressed that Suho felt his heart squeeze for the younger lad. He could understand why Sehun felt that way as there is another life being involved here and he couldn't sweep it under the rug and pretend like the child isn't his.

"How about you marry Hari and raise the child with her on behalf of me?"

Suho eyed the guy for coming up with such an outrageous suggestion, "Are you crazy or what?"

Sehun wasn't sure how many times he has sighed for the night, "Yeah, I must have gone crazy."

"How about have a talk with Hari first? And see where it goes from there?"

As much as Sehun wanted to run away and avoid confronting Hari about this, he knew what has to come will come eventually. Despite his reluctance, he found himself nodding to Suho's suggestion with much hesitance, "Do you have her number?"

"She is close to Minjung noona, I am sure she will give it to us."

 

Hari's breath hitched. She was panicking on the inside, and maybe on the outside too as she paced up and down h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter