Jump Then Fall

Away From The Current

“Today we will have an island hopping. We’ll go to three small islands Lembongan, Penida, and Ceningan.” Moana announced. After a 45-minute ride, they hopped into a speed boat and were instructed to wear the live vests properly. Another half an hour to get into the first island.

 

Nusa Lembongan

They were served with welcome drinks as someone distributed snorkeling equipment for them. Eugene seemed to be occupied with thoughts as Carrie lightly push the taller into the boat. “Come on Euge! It’s a good day, stop thinking too much.”

“Wait up. Where are Maddie and Heather?”

“Ahh. Those two. They are having breakfast right now. Heather just won’t stop bugging Maddie because they missed having breakfast. So they decided to skip snorkeling and just go zip-line and hike this noon.”

~

“How was snorkeling?” Maddie asking Carrie as she enjoys her watermelon shake with Heather lining up at the buffet. Again.

“Snorkeling initially sounded a bit weird to me but after seeing the marine life and underwater scenery, it’s greater than I thought.”

“I was enthusiastic at first but when we were asked to jump into the deep water, I almost froze in my seat.” Carrie's expression when she narrates a story never fails to make anyone be so drawn into her, making them laugh at the same time. Her reactions were always meme-worthy.  Eugene unconsciously has her eyes on Carrie only whenever she talks about anything and Maddie never missed noticing it too.

“ . . . but I found the courage with Eugene's help. It’s her first time but it felt like she did it numerous times already. I hate it how she immediately pushed me into the water when I said I can swim! But it was really fun. It would be much amazing if you guys were there too!” Carrie continued as her eyes mirror how excited she was.

 

Nusa Ceningan

“Gliding across the sea through zip line between cliffs enjoying a spectacular view of the sea has been so much fun! We originally planned of going backpacking here in Bali and try bungee jumping but that one and the only spot has been temporarily closed. Thank God we found YOLO club and got this chance.” Maddie, as always, extra chatty whenever she’s too happy.

“And it’s our pleasure to have you both in our group. You and Heather have been our mood-maker. Our youngest, Carrie and cold Eugene seem to be brighter people now” Loki commented with a beaming smile “. . . .but before we move into the last island. Here we are at Mahana Point.”

“Anyone wanna try cliff jumping? There are 5m and 10m diving boards at that particular rocky crop hanging over the ocean. And it's safe. There are lifeguards designated at each corner below.” The tour guide continued pointing to the cliff. A handful of daredevil tourists were waiting for their turn to jump. Only Maddie and Heather raised their hands. “As expected from these two.” Loki nonchalantly remarked. “Anyone else joining?” Eugene noticed how mesmerized Carrie was watching those fearless guys dive and jump with style so the taller looked at Minjoo asking her with her eyes but the latter seemed clueless. She can’t deny how immensely fascinated she is watching this girl conquer her fears. She simply doesn’t want to waste this chance, not for her, but for Carrie. Raising her right hand to indicate her interest, she grabbed Carrie by the wrist with the other and four of them run their way to the point. The remaining groups expectantly watch them from the shore.  

“I can’t do this Euge please.” Carrie, still startled, stepped back her hands trembling, her knees shaking in fear.

“You got this baby girl, okay?” Maddie exclaimed from below as they reach for the ladder to climb back safely. Heather then reached for her camera from the cliff diver in charge.

“I know you can do this,” Eugene whispered with Carrie taking a deep breath with her eyes closed. She then looked at the taller in the eyes nodding. The taller girl gave her a reassuring smile and soon, they started running off into the board hand in hand and jumped in with hands up in the air.

 

Nusa Penida

“Welcome to the home of Peguyangan waterfall. Not the towering vertical torrent waterfall. No more jumping. It's a series of short, cascading fountain springs that eventually make their way over a steep valley into the sea. Reaching it involves a thrilling descent down narrow stairs against the wall of the ravine. I’m not scaring you but it’s really steep so brace yourselves. Plus we already distributed the ‘sarong’ (a loose-fitting skirt-like garment formed by wrapping a strip of fabric into one’s waist). Everyone needs to wear it since this place serves as a temple for the locals making it a sacred place.” The tour guide discussed then led the way

After some 460 steps, they reached the gorgeous sight of the cascade. It was already late afternoon with the sun starting to set. They were instructed to stay for only 10 minutes because going up will be hard after sunset.

Heather and Maddie started arguing about who takes pictures better so Euge jumped in and was caught in the middle. The black-haired girl then leaned closer to her acting cute “Who takes better shots Euge?

Forcing a smile while nervously scratching her head, the tall girl managed to give her insight “Sorry Maddie. Its Heat-.“

"For me, Maddie takes shots better though.” Carrie interrupted

Maddie cheerfully snatched the camera from the purple-haired and instructed Carrie of poses to do “Let me snap some photos for you then!”

“Why don’t you join her Eugene?” Heather pushing the taller girl to Carrie as the latter took a wrong step and her foot slipped on the wet rock. Panic gripped into her then she felt a warm hand caught her arm and with another wrapped around her waist. Their faces too close to each other she can feel Eugene breathe “You okay?” Carrie nodded as she let the taller help her get into her feet and pulled away.

“That was one gorgeous shot,” Maddie whispered to Heather who’s trying to control her expression. “Let’s take it again in one.. two. “ *click*