Go With The Flow

Away From The Current

“Welcome to Padang Padang!”  The staffs greeted them as they passed through the lobby of the small yet delicate hotel with ivory white painted walls and classic wooden/rustic interiors overlooking the beach as it gives off a beautiful peach sunset view at the open area showcasing furnished wooden tables and benches accommodating the guests for their daily meals at the buffet with these warm white light bulbs hanging vertically at the wooden beams above filled with vines.

“Welcome to Camp Ohana. I’m Moana at your service! We know you’ve had a long day and rest is a must, so without further ado, for everyone who signed up for YOLO club’s activities, we’ll be handing out the module and schedule after dinner!”

There were about two shuttles of tourists who arrived with Yujin so the buffet area was a little packed yet still organized. The line was a bit long so Eugene thought of walking through a pathway she noticed at the left side putting her air buds on as she takes a stroll.

A kid suddenly tripped in front of her spilling cola on her white converse.

“Tch. What a clumsy kid.” She mumbled turning her back, ignoring the kid, and checked her stained shoes

“Oh my, I’m sorry Miss!!” The kid looked up at the tall girl with those apologetic eyes. Soon, a girl attended to the kid to help her get up smiling. “It’s okay dear one, Go now.”

“This girl’s really unbelievable.” It was Carrie, shaking her head giving out a sigh as she gets back to her feet.  

The buffet table full of southeast Asian delicacies varying from chicken satay, pad thai, sweet and sour pork, and beefsteak. Durian ice cream is also served at the corner. Eugene just picked out the beef dish and a serving of rice and looked out for a vacant seat to eat. She saw one empty table for two at a corner and immediately made her way.

“Excuse me. Is the seat taken?” Somebody asked but Eugene simply shook her head, didn’t bother looking up, and continue eating

“How rude.” The girl annoyingly mumbled taking her seat.

The taller girl finally paid attention. She looked up and saw her cabin mate who’s surprised to see her too.

“Not. Again.” Carrie uttered shaking her head in disbelief

“What did you just. . ?”  Eugenresponded with full causing her to choke with a chunk of beef she just had. Carrie immediately stood up and did the first aid by positioning herself into the taller girl's back. Wrapping her arms into the tall girl’s abdomen, she exerted some force pulling against it to give it an impact. The people around watched them intently as Eugene successfully spit out the chunk. A server also attended to them handing her a drink.

“You okay?” Carrie asked as Eugene simply took her seat still not meeting her saver's gaze while holding . The eyes of the people left them that instant.

 Appalled Yujin, still breathing heavily looking at her “Yeah.”

“You know what, saying thank you won’t hurt.” Carrie commented with a sheepish, teasing grin as the taller girl abruptly gave her a breathy, quick, a little sincere “Then thank you.”