Diving Into The Unknown

Away From The Current

“Two souls who are bound to meet but not to stay together for a lifetime. Even so, one chooses to love unconditionally every day.”

 

The voice of the narrator echoed throughout the living room.

 

Eugene Ahn took the remote and turned the TV off as she comfortably lie down on her favourite couch at the right corner of the room looking up the night sky through the glass ceiling of the townhouse she barely visit located at the edge of a cliff overlooking the west sea.

 

Sitting at the sofa wearing this navy checkered pajamas on and a duck headband, Candice Choi scoffed at her crossing her arms in disgust with those pouted lips “What the hell was that Eugene? It’s not even finished yet! I am watching a goddamn movie for goodness sake!”

 

“How many times do I need to tell you not to be moved by your emotions often? Now here you are watching cringe films about things that only exist in an alternate universe, somewhere non existent. You’re feeding your mind with lies. Let’s be real.”

 

“How heartless. Your workaholic and boring getting into me again. Come on!! Relax okay? I won’t be bothered with personal stuffs ever again.”

 

Candice started stretching her arms now, ready to get up “WORK. IS. WORK. Architect Ahn.”

 

“But apart from being your secretary, I’m also your best friend. And me acknowledging your dad’s offer to support our project is simply the only way possible for us to take a leap for a lead to win the bid. Mr. Ahn worked at wall street. This is about business Euge. He can help us.”

 

“It’s not just him being your dad. This is business we talking about Eugene.”

 

“I do not take things personal, you know that. But trust me. We can win without that man’s help.”

 

~

 

“Cands, I missed seeing a set of probable downfalls. And it’s causing everything to fall apart.” Frustrated Eugene confessed after ditching their recent meeting.

 

“We can still make up for it, Euge. I could still set a couple of meetings again after a week. The decision isn’t final.”

 

“I don’t know. I don’t even trust myself anymore.”

 

Those were Eugene's last words in her conversation with her bestfriend Candice before she packed her stuffs and flew to Bali the next day.