Chapter 25

Since You've Been Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost a year later

“Well, this is it.” Mark sighed as he stood in front of the gate for his flight. He turned around and looked at Jackson who had followed behind him, trying his best not to cry.

“Can’t believe you’re going this early. Feels like only last week you told me you were leaving next month.” Jackson sulked as he crossed his arms and looked at the plane his best friend was supposed to be boarding in the next 10 or so minutes.

“That’s because it was last week. Besides, not like it’s my fault Youra found us accommodations so quickly. I hadn’t even begun to think about accommodations when she just barged into my room and said she had f-”

“-found a flat for the two of you which would only be available if you moved in by the end of this week, yeah yeah I know. Youra never fails to go off on that tangent when she thinks I’m sulking.”

Mark patted his shoulder. “I don’t really blame her, you’ve been sulking a lot nowadays.”

“Have not!” Jackson swatted the older boy’s hand off.

“Have too.” said a voice from behind, to which the two turned around. “You’re such a baby.”

“One year, God damn it, one year and you guys think you’re the wisest sages in the entire world.”

Youra set her carrier down beside Mark’s and put an arm on his shoulder. “Wisest sages, I like the sound of that.” She turned to Mark. “Don’t you?”

“I prefer the word scholar, sounds more sophisticated.” Mark admitted as the two of them chuckled.

“Good afternoon passengers.” The three of them looked up at the announcement being made. “This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 41B to Los Angeles. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.”

“10 more minutes,” Jackson sighed. “Then you guys are gonna leave me alone here.”

“You alone? I highly doubt that, Mr. Social Butterfly.”

“Yeah well,” Jackson looked towards the plane his friends were going to be boarding in the next 10 minutes again, “Butterflies aren’t used to watching their best friends go so far away.”

“That’s because they have their own destinations to fly to.” Mark clapped the youngest’s shoulder as Youra continued. “Besides, you’ll be off to Beijing too in a few weeks, you won’t be alone.”

“You never walk alone~” He sang, making the three of them laugh as they stretched out their arms and came together for a group hug.

“I’m gonna really miss you guys.” Jackson whispered into Mark’s shoulder.

Youra tightened his grasp on his jacket. “And I’m gonna miss you more, my little di di*.”

Mark chuckled at the nickname Youra so rarely used and pulled apart before ruffling Jackson’s hair, which for once he didn’t mind. “Our Xiao Di, take care of yourself man.”

“You too,” He looked at Youra who was still holding on to him. “You should probably go s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter