Late night and the morning after

Ice Cream and Soju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suyeon and Lucy held hands in the cab on their ride back to the dorm. 

"Of course," Suyeon said, "we can't let the other members find out about us. Some of them would disapprove, and some of the others would approve but wouldn't be able to keep their mouth shut about it."

Lucy nodded. "I don't think Elly would like it," she said.

"But at least Elly's dislike would be strictly professional - she'd be afraid it would hurt the band if the word ever got out," Suyeon said. "I'm more worried about Rina. I think she might be a homophobe."

Lucy looked thoughtful. "I can't say if she is or she isn't. I'd never really stopped to think about our members that way."

"From some of the things that Rina's said in the past, I don't think she'd react well," Suyeon said. "Remember when Holland came out? Some of the things she said then kind of worried me."

"That was a couple of years ago. I was just starting to think I might be gay." She stopped and looked thoughtful. "I guess for you and me, the dating ban hasn't really lifted."

"It's not to late for you to go out and find yourself a boyfriend," Suyeon said in a tone that was halfway between joking and serious. But all it took was a look at her face to see how worried she was that Lucy might take that out.

Lucy scoffed. "As if. No, I know who I want to be with, and I've got her right here with me." She squeezed Suyeon's hand.

Suyeon smiled wanly at her. "I'm so happy to hear that," she said. "I was just thinking about how difficult this is going to be, and I wanted to give you an out if you wanted it. I'm so glad you didn't take it, though."

Just then the taxi pulled up in front of their dorm. Suyeon paid the driver while Lucy got out and made sure they hadn't left anything behind. 

Lucy took Suyeon's hand as they walked into the dorm. "At least we'll have the apartment to ourselves while everyone else is out."

Suyeon nodded. "Yeah, I expect everyone to be pushin the boundaries of curfew tonight. We shouldn't see another member for a couple of hours." Suyeon unlocked the door and led the way into the apartment, where she almost tripped over Yoojung, who was sitting in the middle of the floor, clutching a box of tissues as she cried.

Suyeon immediately knelt down next to Yoojung. "What's wrong?" she asked. "Are you hurt?"

Yoojung collapsed against Suyeon's shoulder. "It's Jun-Seo! He's found someone else!"

Lucy sat down next to Yoojung and put her arm around her shoulder. "What? Are you sure? He seemed so into you!"

"That's what I thought, too," Yoojung said as she started crying again. "But tonight he got a text from her while we were out!"

"He didn't!" Suyeon looked shocked.

Yoojung nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks. "He said he'd been thinking about this for a while. He'd met a woman who worked in the same office as he does and he started seeing her when he couldn't be with me. Finally tonight he said he couldn't take it anymore - that the stresses of dating someone in our industry were something he couldn't deal with." She collapsed in another paroxysm of sobbing. When she finally could speak again, she looked up at Suyeon. "Earlier tonight I was feeling sorry for you, because you didn't have anyone, but now I'm thinking you're the lucky one!" She sniffled. "I'm going to get a shower and go to bed." She got up and made her way to the bathroom.

Lucy looked at Suyeon as they gathered up the storm of tissues Yoojung had left all over the kitchen floor. "So much for having the apartment to ourselves," she said quietly.

Suyeon quietly shushed her. She waited until she heard the water start running in the shower. "I've still got the soju and ice cream - we could have a little party while we watch TV."

"What about Yoojung?" Lucy asked.

Suyeon smiled. "You know Yoojung - she'll fall asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow, and it'd be next to impossible to wake her up before morning."

Lucy went to get some ice cream and some spoons from the kitchen, when Suyeon went to get the bottle of soju from her locker. By the time they had everything ready, Jooyung was out of the shower; she stopped to give them both hugs on the way to bed.

"I'm hoping things seem better in the morning," Yoojung said.

Suyeon agreed that they probably would, then followed Yoojung to her bed and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter