A negative reaction

Ice Cream and Soju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suyeon and Lucy were sitting in the kitchen eating ice cream when Doyeon came bouncing in.

"Well," Suyeon said, "something must be going extraordinarily right for you. I'm guessing you got one of the parts you auditioned for?"

Doyeon nodded vigorously. "I got the role as the younger princess in Kingdom Romance!"

"Really?" Lucy exclaimed. "A historical? That's awesome!"

Doyeon nodded. "I know! I was wanting a role that would let me show a different side as an actress, and this is it! Plus, there's something extra awesome about this production?"

"It's filming when we're between promotions?" Suyeon guessed.

"Okay, there are two extra awesome things," Doyeon said. "The filming all takes place between our promotions, and Min-soo's working on this production!"

"Oh, that'll be great!" Lucy said. "You'll get to see him every day!"

Doyeon leaned on the table so that she was close to Lucy and Suyeon. "So," she said, switching to a quieter voice, "have you told Yoojung and Sei about you-know-what yet?"

Suyeon shook her head. "Not yet, but I should be able to tell Sei tonight, and I guess I can tell Yoojung at the same time," she said.

Doyeon nodded. "That'll be good - I'm about to burst with having to keep quiet about this!"

"You still can't tell people outside the group," Lucy said.

"I know," Doyeon said, reaching out and Lucy's hair. "But I'm looking forward to you and Suyeon just getting to be yourselves around us. I don't like having secrets in Weki Meki."

"Me either," Suyeon said, "but this time I think it was necessary."

Doyeon nodded. "I can understand that, but I'll still be glad when this is over."

Just then Yoojung came into the apartment. "Hi everybody," she said as she dashed through the kitchen on the way to her bedroom.

"What's Yoojung in such a hurry about?" Doyeon asked.

"I don't know," Suyeon said, "but I'm going to go talk to her, make sure nothing's wrong."

Suyeon walked into the bedroom to find Yoojung digging something out from the bottom of her locker.

"Is everything okay?" Suyeon asked.

"That's what I'm about to go find out," Yoojung said, brandishing a pregnancy test before slipping it into her pocket and rushing out of the room.

Suyeon went back to the kitchen to find Lucy finishing her ice cream. "Doyeon got a call from Min-soo and she left," Lucy said. "They're going to go celebrate her new role."

"That's good," Suyeon said. "Would you be willing to take a walk for a little while so I can have some time alone with Yoojung?"

"You're going to? You know..." Lucy asked.

Suyeon nodded. "Hopefully, but I think it will be easier to tell her if I've got her by myself."

"Yeah, sure," Lucy said, standing up and putting her bowl in the sink. "I'll go to the park for a little while, do some people-watching. You'll call when it's safe for me to come home?"

Suyeon nodded. 

Lucy kissed Suyeon on the cheek, then gathered up her purse and left the apartment. "You'll do great!" she whispered as she closed the door.

Suyeon sat in the kitchen waiting for Yoojung to come out of the bathroom. After about five minutes, Yoojung finally came out, a big smile on her face.

'So. . . I'm guessing you've got a result," Suyeon said.

"I'm not pregnant!" Yoojung squealed as she held the pregnancy test out to show it to Suyeon.

Suyeon's brow furrowed. "That's great," she said, "but. . . why didn't you have your period?"

Yoojung wrapped the pregnancy test in a paper towel and jammed it down into the trash. "Who knows?" she said airily. "Could be diet, stress, lack of sleep - any number of things. I'll bring it up with Dr. Lee at our next checkup."

"I'm really happy for you," Yoojung said, "and I'm sure this is a load of your mind-"

"You've got no idea,' Yoojung interrupted.

"Oh, I think I do," Suyeon said. "Now that you don't have to worry about this, I've got something I need to tell you."

"You're not going to ruin my good mood, Ji Suyeon. It doesn't matter what you tell me, I'm in too good of a mood for anything to bring me down."

"That's good to hear," Suyeon said, "because I need to tell you that I'm dating Lucy."

Yoojung came to a sudden stop. Then her eyes got huge and she asked "You're what?"

"I'm dating Lucy," Suyeon said calmly.

"Since when?" Yoojung asked, her face showing her suspicion.

"Since the night of our dating ban lifting celebration," Suyeon said. "You did notice that neither Lucy no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter