Looking forward

Ice Cream and Soju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't come back too late!" Suyeon called out. "Remember, we've got practice tomorrow!" 

"Yes Mom!" Elly replied with a laugh.

Suyeon echoed Elly's laughter as she went to sit down on the couch. For a change no one was watching the TV, so Suyeon enjoyed having the screen all to herself. She flipped through the channels and ended up watching a show about "the miracle of life" on the Science Channel.

"Oh! There you are!" Lucy said as she flopped down on the couch next to Suyeon. "I've been looking all over for you! What are you watching?"

Suyeon didn't respond right away, which gave Lucy a chance to look and see what she was watching. When Lucy looked back at Suyeon, her puzzlement was evident on her face. "Why are you watching this?" she asked. "It's not like you're going to. . . you know."

Suyeon thought quickly. "Because I might want to someday. I'd have to get a donor, but then I could."

Lucy shuddered. "I can't imagine why you'd want to."

Suyeon laughed. "It's a good thing most women don't feel that way, so the human race would have died out!"

Lucy laid her head on Suyeon's shoulder. "I'm glad your mom didn't feel that way," she said quietly.

Suyeon reached out and took Lucy's hand.

Just then Doyeon came in. She saw what was on the screen and burst out "What the hell are you two watching?"

"It's just-" Suyeon began. "It's-"

"I can see what it is!" Doyeon burst out. "Are you trying to put a jinx on us, watching that? If one of us gets pregnant, Fantagio will pull the plug - no more Weki Meki!"

"I'm not going to get pregnant!" Suyeon said, as she quickly flipped the TV to the next channel, where there was a cooking show on.

"You'd better not," Doyeon said as she turned to leave the room. Looking back over her shoulder, she added "That goes for you too, Lucy. We don't need any of our members getting baby rabies!"

After Doyeon had left the room, Lucy started to giggle. "If she only knew!" she was finally able to say.

"We don't know how she'd react," Suyeon said quietly, "so we'd better make sure that she doesn't find out."

Lucy nodded, sat up straight, and attempted to stop giggling. 

 

 

After the day's practice, Sei and Lua went to dinner at the restaurant where Do-Hyun worked. The waitress recognized Sei and smiled at her. "Right this way," she said. "Your favorite table is empty."

Lua leaned over and quietly asked "You have a favorite table?"

Sei nodded, then sat down at the table the waitress had led them to. "From this table, I can see Do-Hyun's station whenever the kitchen doors open."

Lua laughed. "Ooh, girl! You've got it bad!"

Sei laughed. "Like you've got room to talk - you switch radio stations so you can listen to the one Min-Jun works at, and you don't even get to see him!"

Lua smiled at the mention of Min-Jun's name. 

"How is Min-Jun?" Sei asked.

"Pretty good," Lua said. "He's still working the evening shift, so I don't get to see him nearly enough, but he's got an application in to move to the morning shift and he thinks he's got a pretty good chance."

Sei nodded. "That'll be good." She sighed."Unfortunately, this is the best things will get for me as far as Do-Hyun's schedule. If he was to go back to lunch, that would be a major step back for his career. Plus, it'd mean he'd have to do Sunday brunch, which would be a major drag."

Just then Do-Hyun walked up to their table, carrying two small plates. "Hello, ladies! How are you this evening?" He leaned over and gave Sei a quick kiss, then put the plates on the table in front of them. "This is our new appetizer - salt-roasted prawns. Enjoy! Now, I've got to get back to my station before Chef notices I'm gone."

"Will you get a break tonight?" Sei asked.

Do-Hyun shook his head. "Not until 9:30 or 10, and that only if the dining room becomes less busy."

Sei pouted. "Well, call me when you get off work, okay?"

"Yes ma'am," Do-Hyon said with a wink as he rushed back to the kitchen.

"Suyeon's going to love your phone ringing in the middle of the night," Lua said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter