Not What Was Expected

Ice Cream and Soju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're dating?" Doyeon's eyes were huge as she looked from Suyeon to Lucy and back again. "Why? And when? And what about your boyfriends? And. . ."

Suyeon laughed. "And maybe if you'd stop asking questions, you'd get some answers to the ones you've already asked."

Doyeon put her chopsticks down, folded her hands in her lap, and waited patiently.

"Yes, we're dating," Suyeon said. "Why is because I'm gay and Lucy is bi and we're interested in each other. When is ever since the night of our dating ban lifting celebration. And the boyfriends are just helping us stay in the closet."

Doyeon's jaw dropped. "So. . ." she began tentatively, "for the last three weeks you two have been carrying on a secret romance?"

Lucy nodded. "Pretty much."

"I thought Sei was going to figure it out when she found us asleep on the couch the morning after the celebration," Suyeon said, "but apparently she didn't put two and two together."

Doyeon's eyes got huge. "That's so romantic! It's like something out of a drama!" She imitated a drama announcer's voice. "Their love was secret, because it was forbidden."

"Pretty much," Suyeon said. "We weren't planning on coming out to our members yet, but the conversation we were having this evening just led so naturally to it that I figured this was the time."

"So I was the first member you came out to?" Doyeon asked. "When are you going to tell the others?"

"You were the first," Suyeon confirmed.

"As for the others, we're just sort of playing that by ear," Lucy added. "We were worried about telling you, and we're worried about telling Elly. After that, the others should be easier."

Doyeon reached out and took both their hands. "You were worried about telling me? Really?"

Suyeon shrugged. "We weren't sure how you'd take it. You seemed really annoyed when Rina thought you were gay."

"That was just because it was Rina and she wouldn't let it drop," she said. She paused for a moment, her face growing serious. "You - any of our members - are like my sisters. I've always got your back, no matter what."

"That's good to know," Lucy said, smiling at Doyeon.

Doyeon leaned forward. "So. . . what about your boyfriends? Are they just going to pretend to go out with you forever?"

Suyeon shook her head. "We've got to break up within the next three weeks or else I have to meet Hyun-Woo's mother and it all gets too complicated."

Doyeon nodded. "So you've still got a little time to figure it out."

"And we also need to come out to all our members before that time, so no one tries setting us up on another blind date," Suyeon added.

"You probably should go on an occasional blind date, just so people won't get suspicious," Doyeon said.

"I'm not worried about that," Suyeon replied. "There are lots of idols who don't date, or at least don't date publicly, People will just think we're extra busy - me because I'm the leader and Lucy because she has to deal with school on top of being in Weki Meki."

"I hadn't really thought about it in that light," Doyeon said.

"So do you have any ideas as to how we should go about telly Elly?" Lucy asked. "You know she doesn't like anything out of the ordinary, so she won't like this."

"That's a tough one," Doyeon said, chewing her lower lip. "I'll have to get back to you on that."

"Well, we've still got a couple of weeks," Suyeon said. "In the meantime, we need to get back to the apartment, if you're done eating.

 Rina waited for the driver from Park's, then she and Yoojung sat down with their food to watch a rerun of Running Man.

"I've seen this one before," Rina said. "They make the members of Blackpink go through a haunted house and Jennie's a big chicken. It's so funny!"

"You sure you want to watch it again? I'm sure we can find one you haven't seen."

Rina shook her head. "No, this one was really funny. Let's watch it."

They had finished their dinner and were watching the end of the episode when Rina's phone beeped. She pulled it out of her pocket and saw that it was a text from Joon-Ho. "I hope he didn't get in too much trouble," she thought.

Her heart fell when she opened the text and saw that it was written in all caps. "THIS IS JOON-HO'S COACH. HE IS LOSING HIS PHONE BECAUSE OF HIS ACTIONS TODAY. IF YOU CARE ABOUT HIM, YOU'LL STAY AWAY FROM HIM UNTIL AFTER THE FINALS ARE OVER."

"What's up?" Yoojung asked, seeing the seriousness of Rina's face. After Rina had explained to her where she had gone and what had happened, then she let her read the text. Yoojung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter