Cuatro

Cause I'll be the devil for you, Seungwan.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, Wan, let's make up, please?" Seungwan sarcastically said as she mimicked Joohyun's word as she flipped the pages of the book she was reading.

Arsehole! She really think all she has to do is smile sweetly and follow me nonstop and I will forgive her? The hell I would! She fumed to herself.

It was Monday and she just finish her lunch. She had successfully avoided Joohyun during lunch and now she successfully hide from the Older girl by locking herself in the library of their company.

She closed her eyes tightly in frustration upon remembering her problem. Crap! She wants to slap herself. She lays her head in the table.

The semester will start next week and here she is, still stuck in her work because of the sudden resignation of her replacement. Even if she hired someone now, she at least need to train them for two weeks and by that time, one week will passed after the semester had start.

What should I do? She whined.

"Damn you, Joohyun!" She hissed.

"This is the library, you know. If you want to cursed, tone it down." Seungwan head snapped back at the owner of the voice.

"Oh, it's you," she said dryly seeing Joy at the corner of the shelves near her.

"What's with your tone?" The latter said as if she's offended.

"I thought it's kinda embarrassing for me if people heard this words from me but since it was you I shouldn't worry." She only smiled at her sarcastically. And she returned the same smile.

Seungwan eyes fell on the book that the taller girl's reading and she felt her pulse quicken. Joy was holding a book about the anthology of short love stories where you will find some of the stories she wrote back in college. Even she took Business Administration course, she can't just let go her love for writting that's why she continues to write and send some of them to publishers and writing contest. Some of them are already published.

"You like that book?" she sublty asked Joy. Shrugged as her reply.

"Not really, most of the short stories are bland and clichéd." Seungwan's heart beats faster, panicking as she sheared the words.

"What are you talking about? Those are great!" her voice came out more passionately than she intended. Joy looked at her.

"No. These are just ordinary." She felt her heart sank. Joy may not be exactly the best person to appraise the literary work but hearing words such as like ordinary, bland and clichéd for the stories she wrote, however they are, really feels demoralizing.

The stories in the book are her favorites.

"All of these are ordinary except for the fives ones written by Wendy Shon." Seungwan stunned. That's her pen name, Wendy Shon. She tried not to smile.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, she's the only reason why I read this book. I have other copies of books where she's in it. She's really good."

Seungwan feels like in cloud nine right now.

"Know what, you're not so bad after all." She can't help but to say those words. Somehow Joy's was confused at the sudden change of the girl, how she treats her.

"Whatever." The taller girl started to walk away but Seungwan beats her up.

"Wait. I hope you don't mind my asking, but why seems like you are so mad at me? From the beginning you treated me so hostile. Did I do something to offend you without me knowing it?"

"I don't like you because I don't think you're good enough for Miss Bae," she answered truthfully and straight forward. No beating around the bush. She wants to laugh but refrained from doing so. She wanted to make friends with this person.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm curious. Why are you looking to Joohyun as if she's almighty and you're so concerned for her welfare to the point that you know what's right for her or not, meddle to the things that concern about her?" Joy seems like contemplating whether to tell her the truth or not, she sighed.

"Truth is, I met Miss Bae when she became my classmate in one of my subjects when I was still studying at Harvard." they're heading to the center aisle of the library. "I'm Asian, I'm not flithy rich like others students there; all I have is my brain, but, somehow, it's not enough. My classmates ostracized me, and that posed a problem in my studies because there's a group projects and collaborations and no one wants me their group." the girl stopped as if trying hard to recall some distant distasteful memory. She looked at her again as if weighing the situation, to continue her story or not. But in the end she decided to continued.

" That was really hard. But Miss Bae started to treat me nicely. She puts me in her group and since then everyone treats me well. After all, she was well know in the campus, her family is one of the richest in Asia and she's damn brilliant. She's perfect. Her only flaw was she likes you. "

She liked at her from head to toe.

" I just don't get what she sees in you, she deserved someone b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter