Nuebe

Cause I'll be the devil for you, Seungwan.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's my beautiful granddaughter?" The Bae woman hugged Joohyun who just arrived in the mansion.

 

"I'm doing fine, Grandma." She hugged her back. Lifting her eyes, she saw her foster mother teary eyed standing behind her grandmother. "Ma," she called. She broke off the hug from her grandmother and turn to hug her second mother. Hye Kyo hugged her tightly. She maybe not her real mother, but she loved her very much as if she was her own biological daughter. She knows that, and she loved her too.

 

"How have you been? Are you taking care of yourself well?" Her mother shoots questions, and she answer her patiently.

 

"Hye Kyo, let's talk about that later." The Bae woman said. "Right now, she needs to talk to her father and grandfather." She guided her granddaughter to their study.

 

The atmosphere in the room was different. Her grandfather was sitting in his throne, behind the large table whilst her father was standing beside her grandfather.

 

"Sit down, Joohyun," The Bae Patriarch ordered. She complied. She sat in front of her grandmother and her mother standing behind her.

 

And the serious talk started.

 

"Do you really love Seungwan so much that you're willing to destroy your family and the company that gives a million people a means of living just for us to accept your decision to be with her?"

 

If the situation is different, Joohyun would be laughing now because of how blunt and direct her grandfather was. But at this very moment, she found his bluntness to her advantage, as she doesn't want to sugar coat her words.

 

" How about you, Grandpa, do you really hate Seungwan so much that you're ready to make me suffer and make my life miserable so we don't end up together?" She retorted back.

 

"You insolent--" 

 

"Jung Hwa," her wife reprimanded him. Her grandmother turned to her "Joohyun, we're here to talk calmly," The Bae woman said. Her grandfather sighed heavily.

 

"Joohyun, it is not a matter of hating Seungwan. We love her, but things are not simple." He looked at her intently. "A lot of people are dependent on our Conglomerate. If we fall down, almost half of the people of this country go down with us. We are not ordinary people. You are not ordinary, your marriage is not ordinary. It cannot be based solely on your own emotions, your marriage can affect a lot of things. It can help us become stronger or it can hamper our growth. We all knew that. We all went through that."

 

"Your father and I, your mother, your grandma. I'm not saying that we don't love each other, that we got married for the benefits we will get from each other. No, we loved each other, but more than love, we know that there are things that are above us. We love this company, these people, the life that this company's supporting. Our love for what is better for most transcends our own individual emotions." He stopped for a moment.

 

"We need to ensure that your marriage will help to strengthen the Conglomerate. While it may sound cold and heartless, if you think of it thoroughly, it is not, Joohyun." Her grandfather said full of sincerity, but her expression reamiend cold.

 

"I have no need for such a marriage." She matched her grandfather's eyes. "Maybe I'm boastful, selfish and conceited, but I don't need marriage to make this Conglomerate strong. I don't need it. I can strengthen this Conglomerate on my own. "

 

She saw how her grandfather became frustrated at her, but she continued. 

 

"Grandfather, are the clients, investors and our partners' reactions not enough for you to know that I can do it? Am I still not good enough? If I am still not good enough, then I'll work harder and I won't stop until I am. And even if I am already good enough, I will still work harder to be better, and better, and better."

 

Her grandfather kept silent, and everyone was silent for a moment. Without hesitation Joohyun stood up and down on her knees in front of them. 

 

"Joohyun!" The Bae women called, shocked at the sight in front of them. The Patriarch and her father can't form a word, astounded at the sudden switch of her behaviour. 

 

"Grandpa, Papa, since I was young, I never really asked for anything for myself. Just this one, I'm asking you for this. Please, accept Seungwan." Head down, her hands on the floor. 

 

The Older Baes still can comprehend at the sight. They were not expecting this. 

 

The Patriarch of Bae suddenly laughed. Everyone looked at him. 

 

"Joohyun, you are really unbelievable!" shaking his head. "You are so cunning! Fine, stand up, do what you want. You're brilliant, you already showed us what you can do,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter