Part 11

Forsaken [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I didn’t want to do it!”

“And yet you did,” Jaebum mentioned seriously, shaking his head.

Jinyoung didn’t say anything, uncaring of any excuse the boy had to share. He had put everyone and everything in danger. It was unforgivable. He reached for his sword.

“No, wait!” Yugyeom spluttered, shaking his hands and his head. “He honestly didn’t want to do it! But you know what Argo is like! He killed his whole family and is holding his sister captive! You must know how that feels.”

“Don’t care,” Jinyoung murmured, pulling his weapon out. “We all have unfortunate stories.”

“I thought you would understand given how much you’ve sacrificed for Y/N!” BamBam quickly shouted, Jinyoung pausing at this statement. The young man nodded desperately. “I know that feeling! My sister means everything to me!”

Mark sighed. “Your sister will be dead.”

“What?! No, she was promised to be-”

“I’m sorry Bam,” Jaebum continued, placing a hand on his now shuddering shoulder. “You’ve been played just as we all have. There was no chance your sister survived even one night in that man’s captivity. He holds no prisoners.”

Jaebum’s sentence hung in the air and Jinyoung glanced at his friend and then at the dirt track that led out of here. Staring down it, he took a step, and then two more, compelled to go and meet you halfway.

Just so his mind could be at ease that you were safe.

“She’ll be back soon. Jackson’s with them so she’ll be fine,” his longest friend mentioned, coming to his side. “Don’t take your anger out on Bam.”

“How can I when he’s already been cut down by someone else’s sword?” Jinyoung lamented, casting a gaze over at Yugyeom now holding the wailing man. “He’s right. I would have done the same for Y/N.”

“You did a lot for her when we were his age,” Jaebum agreed sadly and both men blinked when Mark shot past them, pulling out an arrow and waiting for some unknown arrival. Argo was well and truly gone now, but had he decided to turn around?

Had he crossed paths with you?

A cold dread chilled Jinyoung to the bone and he flung himself around to the stables, hastening the saddle around the middle of his horse whilst the others followed in suit. He glanced at BamBam and shook his head. “Don’t come.”

“I’m going to kill that bastard!”

“Precisely why you need to stay here. Yugyeom, keep him here and feed him some tonic. He’ll only get us all killed,” Mark instructed and the tallest nodded, hauling the man kicking and screaming back into the mountainside.

Jaebum sighed heavily. “This might be a waste of time and bring more attention to us.”

“I need to get Y/N back at my side. I don’t feel right.”

“Nor do I.” Mark mounted his horse swiftly. “Something is off.”

They galloped out of the base and took the path most common towards the village. However, when they reached the first of the crossroads, Mark turned to the left and went off that way. The other two followed, screeching to a halt when they saw Jackson crumpled on the ground.

“What the ?!” Jaebum shrilled as he leaped from his stead, rushing over with his friends to Jackson’s side. “What did they do?!”

“They took them both,” Jackson said, laboured. Staring up at Jinyoung remorsefully, he started to cry. “I tried-”

“Don’t apologise. It’s on me. I put her in danger,” Jinyoung responded and even he was aware of the dark tone his voice had taken. His vision blurred only for a moment before it sharpened with intent.

He would kill Argo for this.

Before he could move, Mark reached out for his arm firmly. Jinyoung glared at the oldest and threw him off roughly. “Do not stop me!”

“Look at the situation, Jinyoung! Argo played us. He only stayed long enough to buy time. He ambushed Jackson; you know he’s the best at close combat. He didn’t even get a chance if they were prepared with arrows. If you go in there now-”

“I know the risks.”

“Do you? Because I don’t believe you’re thinking straight,” Jaebum shot back, pressing on Jackson’s wound as he stared up at his leader. “We need to treat Jackson first.”

“That will take all night! We both know Argo holds no captives! Youngjae and Y/N need us to act now!”

Mark attempted to restrain Jinyoung again, battling with him until he managed to wield an arrow right at his throat. His gaze was resolute. “All of us go together, don’t be rash.”

Jinyoung cursed loudly, his voice echoing around the area.

He hoped Argo could hear of his frustrations.

 

“We can’t just march in here!” Jackson whispered fervently, still following along as Jinyoung strode towards his goal. “Jinyoung, let’s wait for the ot

Please log in to read the full chapter