08.

Unbound Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The lunch was the most nerve wrecking, and peculiar to some extend, lunch Sana ever had in her whole life. She was downright forced to sit beside Baekhyun because her grandmother had said couples should sit together while eating. While Mina , playfully warning them to not do any sneaky business under the table. Sana was this close to snap at her grandmother and best friend due to their unstoppable mouth, but she kept telling herself to keep her cool since she shouldn't forget who the real culprit was behind their now seemingly crackhead attitude. 

"Baekhyun, why aren't you having anything? Don't you like the dishes I've cooked? I should've asked Sana about your favorite dishes!" Grandma Oh looked disappointed as the annoying male kept blinking at the food, his face was unreadable, his rubbish-spouting mouth uncharacteristically mum ever since they had discarded downstairs and reached in the spacious dining area.

Seeing that the man didn't seem like he even heard whatever her grandmother had asked him, Sana not-so-lightly nudged his shin with her toes underneath the table. Baekhyun snapped out of his reverie and turned his head towards her to shoot a frightening glare, making Sana gulp a lump of dread instantly. She shouldn't forget that he might be capable of killing each one of them or maybe torture them cruelly since his personality screamed danger and nuisance. She shouldn't forget that he wasn't probably a human being, and no matter how much annoying he could be she should keep her actions a little limited around him. 

Clearing inwardly, Sana forced herself to scoot closer to him so that she could whisper into his ears, "You shouldn't have come here if you didn't have any appetite. Eat something now that you're here or grandma would be hurt!" Then she turned to the older lady with a wide smile, "He is having a headache, Grandma! Of course, he would like all the dishes here! Your food is the best! He might want to bite his fingers off when he would taste them." She assured her seemingly sad grandmother. She didn't miss Baekhyun's glare at her when she added the last line, and winced but hoped that he would at least listen to her and taste some of the dishes.

"Oh, really? Poor boy. Give him some medicines after the lunch, okay?" Grandma Oh said.

Sana nodded and decided to keep eating since her stomach wasn't even filled till half. She let out a small sigh of relief when she saw Baekhyun reaching for the spoon and start eating from the piled up food presented in front of him. "What's this called?" He asked particularly to no one, curiously scanning at the food he just tasted. 

Mina and Grandma Oh gave him a weird look while Sana let out a nervous laughter. "This is fried rice, Baekhyun." She told him with a hardly managed sweet smile. "You guys may not know, but he actually prefers traditional food." She let the two confused looking females know, and they nodded in understanding, her grandmother even looked happy that her grand son-in-law seemed to respect their traditional food unlike most of the young generation nowadays. Sana casted a wary look at Baekhyun when she saw him reaching for the next dish. 

Out of nowhere, Baekhyun threw the bowl of salad as soon as he brought it closer and took a glance at it's ingredients. The bowl toppled over and fell onto the ground, creating a loud noise as the bowl shattered into pieces, earning shocked gasps from the three females.  

"Baekhyun what the hell is this? Why did you throw it!" Sana couldn't keep it in herself as she snapped at him. She didn't like people who disrespected food, that even when the food was served with so much love and care. She didn't care who he was or what he was capable of at this moment.

"There's cucumber in that food! I hate them!" Baekhyun told her looking equally angry like Sana, if not more. 

"I'm sorry, son. I didn't know you don't like cucumber!" Grandma Oh apologized, looking guilty and still in sort of shock.

"That's enough, Grandma! Don't apologize to him! You did nothing wrong!" Sana told her grandmother before glaring at the male, "You don't have a tad bit of mannerisms in you! How could you just throw food just because you don't like it? If you don't like it, just don't eat it, leave it for the others who actually like it? No one is forcing you to eat that!" She lectured him, unable to control even though she could see him getting angrier at each words leaving past her lips.

"Sana, that's not how you talk with your sick husband! Maybe he is having a hard time due to his headache?" Grandmother Oh slightly reprimanded Sana and took Baekhyun's side. Sana felt betrayed that her own grandmother was defending someone else. She was even more annoyed at this stupid intruder that had eaten up every inch of peace from her life. She grabbed the glass of chilled water, chugging down the water in one go, it surely helped her to keep her head cool, be it just for a little while.

 "Yeah, he kinda gets annoying when he is sick." She made up whatever came to her mind to settle the chaos as soon as possible. The older lady nodded and gestured everyone to go back to eating. "Do you have something else that you hate to eat?" She asked him discreetly. 

"No." Was his short reply as he seemed to be suddenly concentrated on the spaghetti. "What's this?" This time his question was directed to Sana.

Sana hold the urge to roll her eyes at him. She wanted to ask him whether he was from Mars or Jupiter, or some any other planet which she didn't even know the name of, to not know such common things?  "It's called spaghetti. Try it if you want to, it's tasty." She unwillingly let him know. Then she watched him with tired eyes as he tried to scoop some of the food with a spoon, and of course failing miserably. His brows furrowed after his third failed try.

Before he could decide to throw the dish of spaghetti this time, Sana quickly hold onto his hand, stopping him from trying for the fourth time if he actually hadn't thought of throwing the dish already. She picked up a fork and voluntarily twirled the food, scooping a generous amount of it and then she offered him to hold onto the fork. "Just feed him already! It would look so cute!" Mina squealed, urging Sana to hold back few cussing words towards her best friend and her really bad timing to open  

Baekhyun seemed like he liked the idea as he leaned back into his chair comfortably and gestured her to feed him.  

Sana gave him a 'keep dreaming' look before giving her friend a half glare, "What are you saying Mina? Grandma is here! How can I-"

"I am not any old fashioned granny to nag if my children do something romantic in front of me! I am cool with it." Her grandmother reminded her coolly. "And don't be shy, silly girl! You two have already been married for....wait, why can't I remember for how long you two have been married?" Mrs. Oh asked, trying hard to remember such important event of her granddaughter's life. 

"Right, now that Grandma has said it, I can't remember it either!" Mina also joined in. "But why? At least I should've remember you wedding? What happened with me!" She looked even more confused than a few seconds ago.

"Eight years." Said Sana's current headache, gaining everyone's attention at that. "We've been married for eight years." He clarified. Sana glared at him from his side. He could've just said that they got married one or two months ago. But no, he had to say what he believed about what happened eight years ago.

"Oh! It has been so long! Perhaps that's the reason my old brain couldn't remember it! We surely married off our little princess at an early age!" Grandma Oh talked to herself.

"Even though it's a little weird to forget but maybe because we were too young? But why did you get married at such early age?" Mina asked and Sana froze, not knowing what to answer.

"I don't like talking too much while eating. Shall we continue eating?" Baekhyun asked, annoyed at the never ending questions, and then he openly glared at them for a few seconds.

Sana's eyes widened. "No no no, you're not doing that again with them!" She pulled onto his arm to shake off his concentration but looked like he was done with whatever he wanted to do as both of the females silently went to eat again. "Can you not involve them in your creepy magic tricks!" Sana hissed under her breath. She didn't like it, she didn't know what kind of side effects it might have on them, she didn't want to cause them any harm because of the consequences of the stupid decisions she'd taken in her life.

"I just shut them up." The annoying male shrugged. "Feed me that...spaghetti." He then commanded her. As if she'd listen to him.

"Help yourself! I have lost my appetite. I should start cleaning the mess you've created here before anyone gets hurt." She said and shoved the fork into his fist before leaving her chair. 

She saw from the corner of her eyes that he did start eating on his own. Picking up dishes and scanning them curiously if they weren't korean food, so she guessed he might have never tasted any other cuisine at all, indicating that her earlier blabber about him was sort of right. By the time Sana was done cleaning the mess and the others were done eating their lunch as well, Baekhyun was still munching on a drumstick, he looked like he could eat another serving of all the dishes. 'What a glutton!' She tsked inwardly. She thought of walking towards him to remind him that he should stop eating if he didn't want an unsound stomach the next day. But much to her relief, he himself leaned back into his chair, cueing the end of his large meal.  

Mina offered him tissues to help him wipe his mouth and hands clean, Sana witnessed with rounded eyes as he shamelessly told Mina to do it herself for him. The girl looked unsure and casted a confused stare at Sana. 

Sana went near his chair and practically snatched the tissues from Mina's hands, "I should do it for my lovely hubby!" She gritted out a fake smile and with generous amount of force cleaned his hands and mouth. Much to her displeasure, it didn't seem like he was the least affected with the force she used. After that she again dragged him upstairs with her. 

"Yah! What are you doing?" Baekhyun snapped at her when they reached the territory of her room.  

"For how many days are you planning to stay here?" She asked out of frustration. Though she was sensible enough to lock the doors since it would create another mess if anyone heard their conversation.

Baekhyun glared at her before stepping closer to scare her with his demeanor, "Why would I tell you that? And since we are married, we should live together anyway." He shrugged nonchalantly before leaning back.

"I don't think I can live another day with your tantrums! I don't know what the you want, but know one thing, you should mend your king-like attitude and try to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter