15.

Unbound Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana had passed the rest of the whole evening in an attempt to avoid communicating with her annoying monster of a husband, because of obvious reasons. She had been internally beating herself up for her stupid action back in the kitchen. Seriously, what stupidity had gotten into her when she had decided to provide him a ing kiss - even though it was just a kiss on his cheek, but it was A KISS nonetheless - for saving her? Had that evil spirit out her wits that night for she had taken such a nonsense step? 

"Ugh! You're such an idiot, Sana! Baekhyun is right about this fact. You definitely are a massive brainless idiot!" She kept cursing herself while she made her way out of her bedroom. Despite not wanting to face Baekhyun for the next few decades and despite wanting to bury her embarrassing self under her furniture, she was still looking for him. 

When she did not find him in the living room, then his current location was confirmed. He must've been in his bedroom, thus she made her way to the other side of the hallway. Upon reaching his bedroom door, she took in a huge breath and knocked on the door without thinking much. 

After two mediocre knocks, the door flung open on its own - nothing surprising at this point, she had started to get accustomed to his lazy or too swift way of doing things, probably she would've done the same had she owned such aiding super powers. Her eyes found his relaxed form sprawled on his bed with elegance, his arms tucked under his head while his one leg hooked over his other one. But he did put a little effort into craning his neck up as a form of acknowledgement towards her.

"What? Finally remembered you have a husband?" His white hair almost curtained over his dark eyebrows, letting his sharp features look somewhat softer even though he had his regular annoyed look plastered over his face; why did he look sort of handsome even from afar?

Sana found herself leaning against the opened door, holding onto the knob as shame overwhelmed her when she again contemplated the reason for which she was seeking for him in the first place. 

"Are you going to come to me or what?" Baekhyun was supporting himself on his elbows now, trying to get a better glance at her face from there. When he didn't receive any insulting reply from her like he was used to and had expected to, he instantly knew that something wasn't right. In a flash, he left his comfy bed and now he was standing in front of her.  "Hey?"  He called for her softly - too softly that the girl missed to catch it, still lost in her own wincing world. Cursing under his breath, he let his palm rest on her shoulder to nudge her, "Yah, Oh Sana, what's up with you?" He asked her awkwardly, he was never good with such talks. 

Sana snapped out of her cloudy embarrassment and other contemplation, "I uhh I'm s-sorry to disturb you but….. can y-you….c-can I...can you sleep with me?" Annoyed at her own stammers she had blabbered out her last question. And when she did, she cringed hard because it did not sound decent to even her ears. Her cheeks had the audacity to grow hotter than they already were. 

Hearing her unexpected but certainly interesting proposal, a smirk softly climbed up into the male's lips. He bridged the few steps of decent gap between them with confidence and b mischief, his fingers swam from her shoulder to her neck and stopped until his palm was secured around her very warm cheek.  "I was right then. You do finally remember that you have a husband here, and that we could make use of these long nights instead of just sleeping, hmm, Wifey?" He crooned, his voice deliberately husky, enjoying the deeper shade of red spreading the girl's face way too much. Even though red wasn't his favorite color - as it was a girly color in a sense - he still kinda liked it when on her cheeks. 

Sana managed to let out a weak scoff and pushed his chest with the same weakened intensity,  "Don't even dream of it. I didn't mean it in t-that way!" 

Baekhyun would not let her off this easily, when the fun was just beginning. So he let his free palm nestle onto her waist while he gently pinned her back onto his door. "In what way? Hmm?" He insisted, still not letting his husky tone change, causing the girl to in a huge amount of breath. 

"In your p-ert way!" Despite trying hard, she did end up stuttering again. What could she even do when the lessened proximity between their faces was causing her trouble in focusing on everything and nothing at the same time. Finding no other way, she lastly closed her eyes shut and loudly muttered out the correct answer, "I'm scared, can't sleep! I...I don't wanna sleep alone. Can you come to my bedroom and sleep with me? Sleep as in literal sleep, no hidden erse meaning!" 

Her answer did cause the mischievous smile to slip off his face, his features turned a little serious. He waited until the girl opened her eyes back, "Let's go. I'm in a generous mood lately." He murmured to her.

Sana exhaled in relief and gave him a grateful nod, not in the mood to feed him her sarcastic remarks. The two silently made their ways to the girl's bed. 

Next twenty to thirty seconds went in an awkward silence as neither of them attempted to get on the bed. 

"Oh it!" Sana heard him curse under his breath as he finally moved and laid on one side of the bed. 

Chewing her bottom lip, she hesitantly drew an extra pillow in the middle of the bed, creating a boundary just as she had prepared for. She avoided looking at the male's face throughout the whole process as she took her side of the bed.  

"You seriously did not keep this pathetic little pillow here!" Baekhyun scoffed, undoubtedly offended.

"Just shut up and let me sleep!" Sana whined, finding no other alternative. 

"You throw this pillow away from here or I'll voluntarily burn it down." The male stated, sounding way too serious. 

Sana glared up at the male. "Why is it bothering you this much?" She snapped at him.

"It is disrespectful to me! Do you think this stupid little thing can stop me from doing things to you if I want to?" The male reasoned, annoyed at her actions but prideful of his ability and strength. "If I wanted to, I could've had my ways with you since day one, I have all the rights and abilities to do so, Oh Sana."

"I get it! Thank you for being considerate of my consent and not forcing these rights on me. But I just…. I have never shared my bed with any man, okay? It's just for my peace of mind!" She didn't want to drag the argument, it was the last thing she would be wanting now. She was still very much exhausted - both physically and mentally, so she just needed to feel secure and get a good sleep. 

Baekhyun looked like he wanted to keep making some points, but by the grace of some sorcery, he also snapped his mouth shut, and turned his back on her to give her all the space she needed to have her peace. She never imagined saying something like this, but she indeed was grateful to him for cooperating without holding up much fight.  "Goodnight?"  She attempted a comparably friendly gesture as a compensation for ruining his peace and making him come here to stay with her.

"Whatever!" The male grumbled in return. 

Sana subtly rolled her eyes and turned to the other side, letting their backs facing each other while she hoped that her fears wouldn't keep her awake anymore.

 

 

 

                                            ________

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up - or more like stirred up as he wasn't really sleeping, he didn't even need to sleep in the first place - in the middle of night when he heard some weird noises near him. It didn't take him more than a few seconds to conclude what those weird noises were and who were making them.

 Frowning, he turned towards Sana, finding the girl whimpering and mumbling something while her eyes were still closed. Even with her eyes closed, she looked pained, as if she was facing something she feared. He had no clue what and how to do anything under such circumstances, he had never been close enough to anyone to know how to help them when they were so obviously having nightmares.

 His confused thoughts halted when the girl's whimpers seemed to become louder, perspiration soaking her forehead and neck at the impact of her most probable unlikable dreams, and if everything wasn't enough a single drop of thick tear slipped from her eyes. 

"!"  Baekhyun cursed seeing the girl suffering. He uncaringly threw the boundary pillow away as he felt the need to scoot closer to her, his hands went to hold her out of raw instinct only,  "Sana, wake up! Do you hear me?" He called for her, while shaking her already shaky figure within his hold. "Sana... damnit please! Wake up!" 

If it was any other situation, he would've single handedly cut his own tongue for uttering such a pathetic word 'Please', such words were definitely harmful for his mountain sized ego. But right now, he did not really have it in him to realize this fact. His focus was solely sprayed over his wife, and he was ready to squeeze the life out of that stupid spirit once again as his instincts were telling him that her nightmares were originated because of that incident. 

His last call and last nudge was firm enough for the girl to finally get out of the tight grasp of her nightmares. 

Sana woke up with a snap, taking a few heaving seconds to decipher Baekhyun's face hovering over her under the dimmed lighting of the room, realizing that everything she had seen and feared were nothing but nightmares, and immediately seeking for a huge intake of oxygen from reality and not from any bad scary dream.  

"Are you….okay?" After a long silence, the male managed to let out his question when he found her breathing was back at a normal pace. 

Baekhyun's palms cupped her face, his thumb sweeping away the tears of fright - he had no idea what the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter