A Plum Blossom In All Its Beauty.

Come and Find Me in the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Plum Blossom In All Its Beauty.

 

 

The bizarre sight of Jinyoung, Jaebum, Youngjae and Mark sitting together around the low table at Gureum was something that even Youngsoon had a hard time digesting. It was not that such a combination of people was completely illogical — in fact it was not the first time they were hanging out together. However it was currently a weekday and during work hours on top of that; thus to see Jinyong’s work life and personal life — albeit Mark did bleed into both strictly speaking — merging together at Gureum felt like some sort of weird cross-over.

 

For better or for worse though, a large group of English tourists had just arrived and since Youngsoon spoke fluent English, the responsibility to serve them naturally fell onto her. This gave her no time to be distracted by Jinyoung’s table and left the latter at the mercy of his two best friends’ accusatory claims.

 

“Just get over it,” Jinyoung groaned, trying to stop himself from hitting his head on the table. “We’re hanging out now aren’t we?”

 

“Yeah sure during our lunch break. What’s the fun in that? I’ve still got a pile of paperworks to go back to after,” Jaebum rebutted. “Now that you’re dating Youngsoon are we not even worth your free time in the evenings and weekends?”

 

“Jaebum’s right,” Youngjae huffed. “Plus, your girlfriend and boss are here. What happened to our bro time?”

 

“What’s wrong with me being here?” Mark frowned in fake offence, looking up from his dessert.

 

The three males however ignored Mark and continued with their argument that seemed to be going nowhere.

 

“You both still came though,” Jinyoung exhaled.

 

“That’s not—” Youngjae grumbled but was quickly interrupted.

 

“And I’m not the one that’s been busy. You have been working overtime all of last week and you are pretty much living with that author you’re in charge of.” Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, pointing a firm finger at Jaebum and Youngjae respectively.

 

At that, Jaebum and Youngjae remained quiet with nothing to say in their defence. In the end Jinyoung dating Youngsoon had no direct correlation with the three friends’ diminished time together. It ultimately was due to work getting in the way and the struggle of making time to truly enjoy themselves. However, it was exactly because Jinyoung, Jaebum and Youngjae were such good friends that Youngjae and Jaebum were willing to travel across the city all the way to Gureum when Jinyoung messaged them last minute, telling them he would be there from lunch time onwards.

 

Still, what kind of friends would Jaebum and Youngjae be if they let Jinyoung off so easily without teasing him a bit more first?

 

“I’m jealous.” Jaebum pouted playfully. “We used to spend all our free time together. It’s been like that since high school and yet now…”

 

“Jaebum’s right!” Youngjae nodded violently. “I bet you’re just trying to rub it in our faces that we are still single.”

 

Mark who had remained mostly quiet next to them slammed his hand on the table in that moment, catching everyone by surprise. Inhaling deeply, Jinyoung gave Mark a weary look, having a bad premonition about where this was going.

 

“I’ve been feeling neglected as well,” Mark sulked. “Stop stealing my sister’s attention from me.”

 

Biting back a groan of exasperation, Jinyoung mentally rolled his eyes, slowly losing what little patience he had left to deal with the idiots he associated with.

 

“I’m going to the toilet,” Jinyoung mumbled before quickly shuffling away.

 

“It’s useless to run away!” Mark yelled after the male, earning a look of disapproval from Youngsoon who was just about to step into the kitchen after sharing a sympathetic smile with Jinyoung.

 

“We should have a gathering of our own without him,” Youngjae announced. “Make him feel left out.”

 

“As if that would work,” Jaebum sighed after checking the time. “I have to get back to work now.”

 

“Crap me too,” Youngjae moped in frustration, not looking forward to facing the chief editor since he had failed yet again to bring a new manuscript from Daehyun. “What about you? I know you’re the big boss and all but don’t you have to return to work?”

 

Hearing Youngjae say that, Jaebum stared at Mark in curiosity, wondering why the male was showing no signs of urgency or the need to return to either the office or Na Wa Sseo.

 

“I am working,” Mark replied curtly, not paying the two males much attention.

 

Mark’s eyes were set on the dessert of the day: a hotteok inspired tart. Even though he had ordered it as soon as he arrived, he had barely touched the item and instead was dissecting it into minute pieces, analysing every layer of texture and smell and flavour note. The only conclusion Youngjae and Jaebum could reach was that Mark was here on an espionage mission to steal the recipe and Yoongi seemed to be thinking the same because his angry steps could be heard approaching.

 

“If you’re not going to eat the dessert then scram,” Yoongi snarled at the older male. “You’re making us look bad.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter