Really Really.

Come and Find Me in the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Really Really.

 

 

November’s arrival signalled a sudden drop in temperature that seemed to freeze Bukchon Hanok Village and all its residents. Despite so, business at Gureum was good as usual for tourists were still plentiful and there were the loyal customers who sought shelter from the chilling wind at the teahouse located at the top of the hill.

 

Youngsoon had left the floor for Irene to handle and had shut herself in the back office as she went through the books and checked the inventory. Youngsoon was not going to admit it, however she was glad to be holed up inside the warm office and not have to experience the cold wind every time someone walked in and out of the teahouse. Her little moment of escape was disrupted however when Yoongi of all people poked his head in and motioned for Youngsoon to come out.

 

“You’re needed on the floor.”

 

“Huh?” Youngsoon blinked in confusion. “Did Irene run into trouble?”

 

“Some guy is looking for you.” Yoongi shrugged his shoulders. “The dude seems harmless enough, though his companion has taken a liking to Irene.”

 

Frowning, Youngsoon quickly stood up but did not fail to send Yoongi an mischievous grin when walking past him.

 

“Scared Irene will be taken from you?”

 

“Ha. Ha. Ha.”

 

That was Yoongi’s flat response much to Youngsoon’s disappointment as it offered little entertainment or points to make fun of. Letting out a long sigh, Youngsoon paused and observed the situation first, her eyes immediately narrowing on Irene who seemed to be in the middle of an intense conversation about tea seeing as she kept pointing at the teapot and even took out one of the flowers floating inside. The companion of the person conversing with Irene — and the one who according to Yoongi was looking for Youngsoon — was the bigger surprise.

 

Sitting there cross-legged and completely uninterested in the conversation taking place next to him was Youngjae. The unexpected visitor visibly perked up when he caught sight of Youngsoon and eagerly waved her over.

 

“The author I’m in charge of — Daehyun — needed inspiration for a romantic setting,” Youngjae explained while pointing at the male sitting next to him. “So I brought him here.”

 

“I see.” Youngsoon nodded, poised in her formal and elegant kneeling position.

 

“Yes,” Youngjae mimicked Youngsoon’s nodding.

 

Youngjae glanced at Daehyun before looking at Youngsoon again only to avert his gaze. From the way he was fidgeting, it was clear that there was something he wanted to say or ask but could not bring himself to just yet. Youngsoon opted to remain quiet and allow the male time to decide for himself when to speak up. That turned out to be the correct decision because just a few seconds later, Youngjae loudly cleared his throat and charged his eyes towards Youngsoon.

 

“Why am I the only one who hasn’t met your brother yet? Do you dislike me? Have I done something to offend you? Did I behave rudely that time I was drunk after day-drinking?”

 

The storm of questions and its content caught Youngsoon unprepared and rendered her speechless as her face went into default mode of portraying a courteous smile. Irene who had heard everything was harshly biting her lips to stifle a bout of laughter that threatened to explode and Daehyun could be seen shrinking back, embarrassed of being associated with Youngjae. Someone without any context who overheard Youngjae would likely assume that something had happened between Youngjae and Youngsoon, maybe even a lover’s spat.

 

Smoothening the creases on her skirt, Youngsoon inhaled deeply. Seeing Youngjae’s stiff posture but earnest expression though created quite a sense of amusement and uncertainty.

 

“We could gather together for dinner…?”


“Yes.” Youngjae nodded fervently.

 

“When—”

 

“Today I’m free,” Youngjae answered without allowing Youngsoon to finish speaking.

 

“Then I’ll ask—”

 

“I’ve already contact Jinyoung earlier and he told me they will finish work early today.”

 

“Where—”

 

“There's a great gamjatang place near here,” Youngjae quipped in an overzealous tone. “I can reserve a table now.”

 

“Right, so—”

 

“I can contact Jaebum so that he won’t feel left out. You just make sure your brother is there.”

 

Youngsoon blinked slowly, taking in the overload of energy oozing off of Youngjae and the wide grin he wore on his face. He had certainly managed to take the lead in the conversation and there was no backing away — not that Youngsoon tried to do that at all.

 

“Then… I’ll leave it in your hands,” Youngsoon replied, sounding unintentionally formal. “I need to get back to work now. Please enjoy your stay at Gureum.”

 

Her last statement was directed at both Youngjae and Daehyun. Giving a soft bow after saying that, Youngsoon stood up and disappeared into the kitchen where Yoongi was not even trying to hide the fact that he had heard everything.

 

“Don’t.” Youngsoon raised a finger at the pâtissier, prohibiting him from making any comment. “I’d like to spend the rest of the day in relative peace please.”

 

“Riiiiight,” Yoongi hummed, turning his attention to the oven instead.

 

The rest of the day wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter