Emotions Triggered.

Come and Find Me in the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Emotions Triggered.

 

 

Youngsoon was uncharacteristically distracted the following days at work, her mind wandering back towards that brief exchange she had with Jinyoung on the balcony. Thinking back now, she had been rather daring and bold in her actions and if Mark were to find out about what she had done, he would demand for an exorcism or blame her change in behaviour on alien abduction.

 

All these thoughts hammering around in Youngsoon’s mind did not have a direct influence or negative effect on her work. For people who had worked with her for a long time such as Yoongi and Irene however, they detected the slight change in the girl though neither brought up the topic. Youngsoon was the type of person to resolve personal issues before they become apparent in her work life, and thus the two colleagues decided to not intervene.

 

Hearing footsteps, Youngsoon swirled around to greet the new customer, her skirt bouncing in the air. The words stumbled in however when she came face to face with Mrs Park — her boss.

 

“Mrs Park, welcome back.” Youngsoon smiled gently. “How was Thailand?”

 

“Beautifully warm and relaxing,” Mrs Park chirped, motioning Youngson to follow her as she headed towards an empty table. “But I refuse to see or smell or taste anything mango related for the next few months so let Yoongi know that.”

 

A soft ‘aye aye’ came from the kitchen, meaning Yoongi had heard everything. Youngsoon lowered her head, muffling a chuckle that resonated from her chest.

 

“I hear that you’ve been getting along well with Jinyoung.” Mrs Park suddenly switched topic. “Not only that but you’re also neighbours.”

 

“…Yes.” Youngsoon hesitated before answering, not sure where the conversation was going.

 

“I also heard that Jinyoung showed interest in working here?”

 

Youngsoon’s mouth opened slightly to form the shape of an ‘o’, realising that there was more to the story that Mrs Park was unaware of. her lips, Youngsoon shifted in her kneeling position and smoothened the creases on her skirt.

 

“Actually, my brother recently came to Seoul to open our family’s first South Korean branch and he has offered Jinyoung a position,” Youngsoon explained. “Granted he was a bit drunk when he mentioned it to Jinyoung but he did promise to discuss more about the matter at a more appropriate time and location.”

 

A parti-time waitress brought a cup of tea to them, temporarily interrupting the conversation. Youngsoon took that opportunity to observe Mrs Park’s reaction and formulate her next sentence.

 

“Jinyoung seems to be taking it seriously. And open to the idea as well.”

 

Mrs Park’s eyes brightened in ecstasy at the news; pride and joy pouring out of her smile. But then her eyebrows furrowed together in worry and the corners of her lips dropped downwards almost instantaneously.

 

“What if he’s just jumping onto the first opportunity because he’s getting impatient?” Mrs Park mumbled softly. “Not that there’s anything wrong with working under your brother but, I just…”

 

Youngsoon offered Mrs Park an understanding smile.

 

“How about we show him some trust? You’ve been patient with him so far so it wouldn’t hurt to wait a little longer right?” Youngsoon mused. “He has to take on the challenge first before knowing whether it’s the right fit or not.”

 

Mrs Park’s physicality visibly relaxed as she processed Youngsoon’s words. Taking a sip of her tea, she nodded both in understanding and approval before a content smile spread out on her face.

 

“Jinyoung will be in your hands then. You’ll do him good.”

 

“Strictly speaking he’ll be in my brother’s hands.”

 

Nonetheless, the corners of Youngsoon’s lips quirked up in a teasing smile, as though thinking of an inside joke that Mrs Park was not privy to. It was a subtle but candid smile that showed depth of character and warmth and it did not go unnoticed by Mrs Park’s scrutinising gaze.

 

“Seems like he’s doing you good too,” Mrs Park hummed to herself.

 

Youngsoon did not quite catch what Mrs Park had said and tilted her head with a quizzical look in her eyes. Before she could ask the older lady to repeat herself however, another arrival at the teahouse interrupted their conversation.

 

“Mum? When did you come back from Thailand?” Joy gasped in shock.

 

“I came here straight from the airport,” Mrs Park replied without missing a beat.

 

“So you come here to see unnie first instead of your own daughter?” Joy pouted in childishly.

 

“That’s because my own daughter wouldn’t answer my calls,” Mrs Park replied without batting an eyelid.

 

Expression stiffening, Joy took out her phone to check her call history and a sheepish grin took over her face.

 

“Oopsie.”

 

Dropping down next to Mrs Park, Joy wrapped a loving arm around her mother and snuggled close to her like a pampered child. Mrs Park rolled her eyes, though a motherly smile could be seen on her face.

 

Deciding that she was now intruding, Youngsoon excused herself and entered the kitchen to check on how many daily specials were left only to find Yoongi waiting for her with a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter