Running and Running and More Running.

Come and Find Me in the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Running and Running and More Running.

 

 

The days leading up to Na Wa Sseo’s official opening were turbulent but well worth the effort. Thanks to Wendy’s connections within the food and beverages industry, she managed to snatch famous influencers and respected online magazines to cover the grand opening of TF Group’s first South Korean coffee shop. Needless to say this offered immense media coverage and exposure. The first batch of reviews from customers were also stellar and it did not hurt that Yugyeom was immensely popular with the female clientele — and some male customers too actually.

 

Jackson and Jinyoung had been planted in Na Wa Sseo pretty much all the time, wanting to access raw footage and material first hand to then promote online and attract even more customers. Jamie had made a passing remark about how the two of them were occupying space that would otherwise go to customers and it was thanks to the grace of the gods that Jamie and Jackson did not engage in a full on argument right then and there. Jinyoung had a vague suspicion that it was Mark’s surprisingly intense and fearsome glare that had induced shivers through their bodies and shut them down.

 

There was actually a hidden reason why Jinyoung preferred working from the coffee shop rather than the office, and that was the hopes of seeing Youngsoon’s reaction when she will first step into this kingdom that he had helped create. To his disappointment, Youngsoon’s presence was missing during the opening weekend though Jinyoung understood that the weekends were the busiest period for Gureum.

 

Today however, it was different. Today when Jinyoung saw Mark arrive from the corner of his eyes, he also caught sight of a familiar pair of yellow Doc Martens waltzing into the coffee shop. Jinyoung’s eyes followed the legs, up the torso, until finally landing on the face of the new arrival and was greeted with a gentle smile of shy pride.

 

“Youngsoonie!!!” Jackson squealed, jumping out of his seat. “Mark’s finally managed to drag you here?”

 

Jackson’s actions caught the attention of the customers who all turned to look at Youngsoon with curiosity. In turn, Youngsoon took half a step back to hide behind Mark to shield herself from all the unwanted attention. Sensing her actions, Mark threw an arm around her shoulders and engulfed her in a side-hug while resting his chin on her head.

 

“I have such a mean sister, she kept saying how she couldn’t get away from work.” Mark pouted, squeezing Yongsoon’s cheeks in the process. “How can work be more important than me?”

 

“I’m also not a fan of busy places so I thought I should wait for things to calm down a bit first,” Youngsoon explained while observing how full of life and vibrant the coffee shop was.

 

Her eyes then landed on Jinyoung and they nodded at each other in acknowledgment before Wendy approached the male to discuss about their next plan of action for the online campaign. Not wanting to disturb him working, Youngsoon allowed Mark to pull her towards the counter where Yugyeom had just placed a cup of cappuccino with the beautiful coffee art of plum blossoms.

 

“I heard that you like plum blossoms so here, just for you,” Yugyeom chirped, pushing the drink towards her.

 

“It’s beautiful.” Youngsoon smiled and after taking a careful sip of the cappuccino, she felt her shoulders melting. “And tastes sublime too.”

 

“Good, maybe this will convert you into a full on coffee drinker and abandon tea.” Mark nodded in satisfaction.

 

“I doubt that,” Yugyeom chuckled. “Gureum’s tea currently ranks undefeated amongst young consumers.”

 

“Don’t make this into a competition.” Youngsoon elbowed Mark.

 

“Right, we aim for desperate youths who shoot caffeine like to survive while you target the younglings who pretend to be living a life of early retirement.”

 

“Now you’re just being petty.” Youngsoon frowned.

 

“Yeah I’m petty, what are you going to do about that?”

 

Youngsoon gave Mark a side glance, taking in his taunting posture. Her eyebrows twitched almost indiscernibly before reaching the conclusion that the best way to deal with the older male was simply to do nothing. There was no need to fuel the fire since if left alone for long enough, it would subdue by itself.

 

Taking the half drunk cappuccino with her, Youngsoon pulled away from Mark and toured around Na Wa Sseo before settling in a corner seat that offered her a full view of the whole space and the curious people passing by outside. Mark gawked in offence while Yugyeom let out an unceremonious chortle, finding great amusement at how easily Youngsoon dealt with Mark.

 

Sinking into the chair, Youngsoon tapped her feet together along the rhythm of a soundless melody and sighed in satisfaction at how at ease she felt. The feeling of home and belonging was definitely there and Youngsoon could feel the passion and love that went into creating this space.

 

Mark had decided to allow Youngsoon some alone time to absorb everything before sauntering over and sitting in front of her to block her view with his face. Placing his elbows on the table, Mark proceeded to rest his chin in his hands as he stared straight into Youngsoon’s dark eyes.

 

“This could be all yours,” Mark whispered in such a low voice that Youngsoon thought she had imagined it.

 

Seeing no response from the girl, Mark leaned in closer and reached for her hands which were wrapped around the coffee mug.

 

“You don’t need to keep running now,” Mark continued. “This place — this can be where you belong. This can be your home away from home.”

 

“I don’t think I’m understanding what you’re saying,” Youngsoon managed to rasp out, her voice sounding foreign to her own ears.

 

“You know w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter