Every Step of the Way.

Come and Find Me in the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Every Step of the Way.

 

 

The end of Jinyoung’s first month working under Mark was an exciting one for it was the day he got his salary for the first time in a while. Needless to say it was cause for celebration and after work, Jinyoung hurried towards the barbecue restaurant where Jaebum and Youngjae were waiting for him. Along the way though a certain item in a shop he passed by caught his eyes. Checking the time, Jinyoung tapped his foot against the ground in contemplation but ultimately gave in and entered the shop and made the purchase before rushing towards the restaurant.

 

“You’re late so we started already,” Youngjae informed Jinyoung who dropped down in his chair.

 

“Bet you ordered the most expensive stuff on the menu because I’m paying,” Jinyoung groaned, eyeing the meat that was sizzling on the grill.

 

“Please what do you take us for?” Youngjae gasped dramatically.

 

“I trust that Jaebum was sensible enough to take the limitedness of my wallet into consideration,” Jinyoung stated while pointing an accusatory finger at Youngjae. “It’s you who I don’t trust.”

 

“So rude,” Youngjae huffed but easily shrugged it off as his attention was taken by the juicy meat ready to be eaten. “You’ve always been biased towards Jaebum anyway so I’m used to it.”

 

“Don’t be jealous,” Jaebum chuckled. “If you buy me dinner often I’ll be nicer to you.”

 

“Yah Im Jaebum, are you only worth a couple of dinners?” Jinyoung raised his eyebrows. “You should ask for something more expensive.”

 

“Should I feel offended or flattered?” Jaebum chuckled softly.

 

“Flattered,” Jinyoung sniggered. “So Youngjae, how much is Jaebum’s kindness worth to you?”

 

Chewing slowly and carefully, Youngjae gave Jaebum a long stare before washing the food down with half a glass of beer.

 

“Definitely over my pay-grade,” Youngjae finally announced. “I’m a poor editor who has the worst luck with authors.”

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum exchanged a look of amusement and pity for the male as they tried to think of a way to cheer him up.

 

“You get assigned to authors who are hard to deal with but they always end up writing something that sells well don’t they?” Jinyoung tried to reason. “So it balances out.”

 

“Exactly.” Jaebum nodded. “Also artistic people have always been hard to deal with.”

 

Hearing Jaebum say that Jinyoung was immediately reminded of Yoongi. As talented of a pâtissier as he was, he was definitely a force to be feared. Jinyoung had no idea how someone refined and delicate looking like Irene managed to argue back against him every time, and even more so how Youngsoon managed to keep him in check.

 

Jinyoung then thought of Yugyeom. Within TF Group Seoul office, Yugyeom was definitely the creative and artistic one, being the barista and specialising in coffee art. So far though, he had come off as a rather mellow guy who avoided conflict. Then again, Yugyeom did threaten to throw Jackson out of the window when the latter made a passing dismissive comment about cappuccino and latte being the same thing. With that in mind, Jinyoung reached the conclusion that artistic people were indeed hard to deal with and scary.

 

“Artistic people are definitely to be feared,” Jinyoung mused.

 

Jaebum observed Jinyoung closely as he sipped on his beer. Shifting his attention to the grill and turning the meat, Jaebum nudged Jinyoung gently with his elbow.

 

“You look happy,” Jaebum commented. “Work treating you well?”

 

Youngjae looked up from his plate and paused from eating, anticipating Jinyoung’s answer. The person in question took his time chewing his food before swallowing and firmly nodding his head.

 

“Yes,” Jinyoung replied, his mouth spreading out into a wide grin.

 

 

・・・

 

Youngsoon stared at Mark who sat across from her. They were back at the dakgalbi restaurant they had previously visited with Jinyoung and had just finished eating.

 

“I know I’m handsome but even I’ll get shy if you keep staring at me like that,” Mark purred after finishing paying for dinner. “Look I’m blushing already!”

 

Leaning over the table, Mark cupped his cheeks and batted his eyelashes.

 

“Your skin is too thick to blush,” Youngsoon deadpanned.

 

Looking away from Mark, Youngsoon turned her attention out of the window and towards a shop across the road that was under renovation. Mark followed her gaze and let out a low whistle.

 

“You catch on quickly.”

 

“You’re easy to read.”

 

“Reaaaaaaally?”

 

“Really,” Youngsoon echoed. “You wanted to show off the coffee shop and hear praises didn’t you?”

 

“Since you know already let’s not waste any more time then,” Mark declared, standing up from his chair.

 

Within moments, the two of them were across the road and entering the coffee shop that was under construction. Switching on the lights, Mark skipped towards the centre of the spacious place and raised his hands in the air, showing off his kingdom to Youngsoon.

 

“It’s taking shape quite nicely is it not?” Mark gleamed. “Now sing me praises.”

 

Youngsoon interlocked her hands behind her back and absorbed her surroundings. The heavy smell of paint lingered in the air and there were random construction equipments piled up in a corner. However just as Mark said, the whole place was coming together very nicely and had a distinct identity.

 

“You did well,” Youngsoon hummed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter