chapter 2

the luckiest fangirl?

Miyoung nudged me. I realized I’ve been staring at him for so long. I pursed my lips together and I tried to act calm as possible.

 

“Aniyo. We’ve already introduced ourselves”

 

Miyoung pinched my side. I glared at her and mouthed “What?!”

 

Miyoung extended her hand. “I’m Son Miyoung. Do you want to sit together with us?”

 

WOW. HOW DOES SHE HAVE THAT CONFIDENCE???

Now it’s Sehun’s turn to be dumbfounded.

 

“It’s ok if you—“ Miyoung nudged me and shook her head.

 

“Uhm I actually have a schedule for today—“

 

“Yah! Can you talk somewhere else? There’s a line waiting here,” the impatient ahjumma said.

 

Miyoung withdrawed her hand that wasn’t touched by Sehun, fyi. “We’ll be sitting there.” Miyoung pointed the table in the corner, below the stairs. “Come join us if you want.”

 

She pulled my arm and led me to the table. “Wow, you’re amazing, Miyoung-ssi”

 

“Oh, you don’t have to thank me, future Mrs. Oh”

 

I slapped her shoulder and we both giggled.

I looked back to the counter and I saw an angel—Sehun, walking towards me

WAIT WHY

WHY IS HE WALKING—

 

“Two cappucinos for Hyojin?”

 

Miyoung stood up. “I’ll get it.” She leaned in to whisper something. “Don’t blow your chance.” Then, she winked before leaving.

 

I tried to sit still and to not look at him. DO NOT LOOK AT HIM.

 

“Uhm, Park Hyojin…ssi? Uh, I really need to get going”

 

“Gwaenchanayo. It was Miyoung’s idea anyway. I-I uhh..it’s really okay”

 

“Mwoya? I thought you’d stop me. You look like a super fan”

 

I blushed at what he said. “N-Neh. I’m a fan but I think I should support you by letting you go to your schedule”

 

“Oh. You’re such a good fangirl. I’m glad you’re normal”

 

“W-What? Normal?”

 

 “Neh. Normal. You know, I wanna be friends with my fans but I can’t. They all just stare at my handsome face and it’s awkward.”

 

WHAT

Is he flexing or what?

But it’s true though, he’s handsome af. I could stare at him with heart eyes all day but that would creep him out and OH I can’t do that, I’m too shy

 

“I lied. I don’t have a schedule for today.” He sat down in front of me.

 

Miyoung placed the tray in front of us and sat beside me. “I got all of our drinks”

 

“Looks like you had an awesome chat”

 

“Neh. Hyojin-ssi is kinda entertaining”

 

HYOJIN-SSI??????

 

“I’m thankful you found her entertaining. So uh, don’t you have plans for today?”

 

He looked at me for a second. “I’ll be leaving after I finish my coffee”

 

“I’m just curious, why are you getting your laboratory checkup alone?” Miyoung asked

 

We both anticipated his answer with a confused look on our faces.

 

“I know someone from the hospital so I go there every now and then”

 

Oh. So is it his way of supporting him/her?

 

**

 

Miyoung interrogated him for an hour. AN HOUR. Imagine how exhausted Sehun was. I didn’t bother to ask anything since I didn’t want to add stress on him. The look on his face says it all. I mean he has that resting face but I can just feel that he was pissed.

 

I sat on my bed for a moment, trying to contemplate what just happened. Who would’ve thought I would really meet my bias in this lifetime?

I looked around. My posters. From OT12 to OT9. The solo shots of Sehun. My room is full of him. And EXO.

Such a rare encounter. Thank you Lord for this chance. I wonder if it will ever happen again.

Nah. In this lifetime? I think not.

 

My phone rang and I checked the caller ID. It was Miyoung.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Yah! Are you gonna sleep? I don’t think I can ever sleep after that experience!!! I’m fangirling!!! Even though I’m not super into EXO, I’m so glad I met an idol!!!”

 

“Yeah, you should enjoy it. I think that’s gonna be our first and last encounter with an idol”

 

“DON’T JINX IT!”

 

“K. Why are you calling anyway”

 

“Hehe. I forgot to tel you something”

 

“Why am I getting a bad feeling about this?”

 

“Believe me, it’s not a bad thing. I just wrote our numbers on a tissue and I put it in his pocket”

 

“YOU WHAT?!”

 

“C’mon don’t be mad. If he texts you, then good, if not, then it’s ok, you should find another bias.”

 

“You’re unbelievable!”

 

I hung up.

What should I do now???

It’s not like I’m expecting him to text me but I guess I’ll be disappointed if he didn’t.

He made me feel like we have that special kind of…connection.

Yeah, I know it sounds cheesy but that’s how it felt.

It’s probably just me. My delusional mind is at it again.

 

An unknown number is calling

 

OH MY

IS IT SEHUN?!?!

 

I cleared my throat before answering.

 

“Yoboseyo?!” GOD THAT SOUNDED MORE HIGH PITCHED THAN I EXPECTED

 

Silence.

 

“HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can’t believe you!! Who did you think was calling?!”

 

“You ing idiot”

 

I hung up. She probably faked it when she said she gave our numbers. Should I give out a sigh of relief or a sigh of disappointment?

 

A text from an unknown number came. I opened it and it read:

This isn’t Sehun. I just want you to know that yes, I really put it in his pocket. I know you’ll overthink about it so I’m saying it for your sake.

 

**

 

A week later.

 

Everything’s been normal…so far

Just the same routine work that we’ve been doing for the last 4 months. I’m more than halfway through my internship, just 2 more months to go.

 

“I’m doneee, you can have your lunch now sissy”

 

I nodded.

 

As you all know, hospital staff can’t eat lunch together. Btw, I’m on a day shift today.

I asked around to check if there are other interns who haven’t had their lunch yet. We’re all batch 2 for today.

Along the hallway, I noticed a tall guy in black, resting his back on the wall and scrolling through his cellphone. He’s wearing a black mask and a black cap. Wow, a typical idol-who-doesn’t-want-to-be-exposed getup.

 

Oh wait. Is it????????

 

No, no, why would he go again just after a week?? You know, I don’t even want to go to hospital, if not for my job.

 

A familiar girl walked towards him and hugged him. They talked and laughed to each other. The guy removed his facemask and patted the girl’s head. Why are they flirting here????

I walked closer to get a better view.

 

OH THAT’S REALLY OH SEHUN

 

AND OH

 

HE’S WITH…

 

JUNG SOHEE