chapter 1

the luckiest fangirl?

“Ugh! I hate this job. I hate these people. I hate doing this kind of work!”

 

“Shh, calm down, Hyojin-ssi, the patients might hear you.”

 

“They’re annoying!! Why do they have to ask tons of questions that I know nothing about?? What’s worse is it doesn’t end there!! After knowing that I don’t know, they humiliate me like they paid for my soul!!”

 

“I completely understand, I also get treated like that. But you know, our shift ends soon, so hang in there.”

 

“Can’t we fast forward to 8 AM? I can’t stand these people.”

 

After ending my rant, I call in the next patient to release their result. “Oh Sehun?”

 

O-Oh?? S-Sehun????????????

MWORAGO?! SEHUN-AH?! MY OH SEHUN?????

 

My eyes widened and it felt like my soul left my body. It felt like my body was about to drop so I held on the table for support.

 

“Uh…miss?”

 

THAT VOICE

ANDWAE ANDWAE

Is this really possible??

 

I slowly looked up to see his face.

 

OH MY GOSH AN ANGEL HAS APPEARED BEFORE ME

 

“O-Oh Sehun?”

 

“Neh. That’s me.” He lent out his hand. He kinda looks like he’s getting impatient.

 

I examined his face then I looked at his hand.

D-Does he want to shake hands with me??????

OH MY

AAAHH

 

I’m practically fanning myself. My inner fangirl self is in absolute chaos!! Oh Sehun is asking for my hand?? I only daydreamed that this day would come!!

I extended my hand to reach for his. It’s kinda awkward since I’m on the other side of the window and there’s basically a glass in between us and I had to put in my arm in the small hole to get through. You get the picture, right?

 

“I-I’m Hyojin. Park Hyojin.” I flushed tomato red as I said those words.

 

He immediately withdrawed his hands, looking startled. “Ah neh, can I have my results now?”

 

AND IF I CAN TURN REDDER THAN THIS, I PROBABLY WOULD BUT I GUESS I REACHED MY LIMIT

 

I immediately reached for his test results and I quickly pushed the paper out of the window.

Act as if nothing happened. Act as if NOTHING HAPPENED. ACT AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED

My whole body is trembling. I don’t know if it’s because of the happiness or because the humiliation. Damn, I don’t know if I really have a brain! Why would Oh Sehun want to shake my hands????

 

DELUSIONAL

 

“Can you…uh…sign here? I mean, it’s for the logbook, not your autograph—I mean!! Your sign, please”

 

OH YEAH CAN I BE MORE HUMILIATING THAN THIS???

 

Sehun smiled…WHAT HE SMILED?! DID HE SMILE AT ME?

 

But then, he coughed, to hide his smile, I guess? Or is it just me imagining again?? Pls, stop being delusional self, I’m begging you.

 

“Are we done?”

 

“N-Neh. Have a good day, sir”

 

He fixed his cap before walking away. I immediately fall to the ground after that blissful yet humiliating encounter.

 

Damn, what a waste.

 

My chance to get Oh Sehun to love me is blown. AS IN BLOWN

But it’s not like I’m expecting to really get GET him, like maybe make an impression.

Well, I guess I made an impression. A really shameful one.

 

“Yah! Park Hyojin! What was that?!”

 

“I know right. I’m such a dumb human”

 

“WHAT?! YOU’RE SO LUCKY!!!!”

 

“If that was me, I would’ve just gave him his results, but you!!! Oh girl, you!! You left an impression. Did you see his smile??? He was so cute!! I’m so jealous!!” Miyoung lightly slapped my shoulder.

 

“Do you really think he’ll remember me the next time he sees me?”

 

“Of course he will!! If ever he goes back here, can you tell him to bring Jongin? You know…I’m really crazy about him”

 

“Araso araso! I’ll tell him in my dreams!”

 

“Yah! What if he comes back for you? You never know! Maybe that’s why he was never involved in a dating scandal. Maybe he doesn’t like idols”

 

“Oh what he does like? A girl like me? Let’s not think like that, ok?”

 

“Neehh.”

 

Miyoung goes back to her computer to encode, while I check the schedule for the next warding.

 

It’s almost 5 AM, I only slept for 30 minutes, but I feel so energized. Like electricity is running in my body. Wow. The power Oh Sehun has. Maybe if he comes everyday, I won’t have to rant about my work.

Anyway, I’m a medical laboratory scientist. Not yet licensed. I’m an intern, kinda like a slave here in the hospital.

Let’s see hmmm, who’s scheduled for the 5 AM warding? Hmmm

 

Oh wow

 

It’s me.

 

Well, haven’t you guessed that?

The staff on duty is my mortal enemy. Jung Sohee. I don’t know why, she just decided that she didn’t like my face, or me in general, I don’t even know, so every night duty, she picks me to do the hardest warding so she can see me suffer. Such an evil witch.

 

Luckily, I like extracting blood from patients.

 

That’s what I tell myself.

 

***

 

“I really hate her!! That Sohee! She’s just one year older than me but she thinks she’s so high and mighty!”

 

“Don’t be so mad, it’s not like she talks to you. She just tells you to do this and that.”

 

“Oh yeah? She talked to me when she said she doesn’t like me.”

 

“Don’t mind her already!! Let’s just get some food before going home.”

 

“Fine. You really know how to cheer me up.”

 

We headed to the nearest café to grab uhh some expensive coffee. I thought we were getting food?

 

“Why do you like expensive things, Miyoung-ah?”

 

“Shh, do you see those guys?? They’re so handsome!!”

 

“Ah. That’s why”

 

Miyoung chuckled.

 

Now, it’s our turn to order.

 

“Two cappuccinos please”

 

“Your name please?”

 

“Hyojin”

 

The man from behind suddenly spoke . “Oh? Park Hyojin?”

 

I turned back to see him, and yeah, you might’ve guessed who it is.

 

He smirked. “Should we shake hands this time?”