chapter 6

the luckiest fangirl?

The bodyguards quickly pulled Jongin away from the scene. His reaction was hilarious!!

It’s a mixture of disbelief, confusion, and amazement

I don’t know if that makes sense, but to me that’s what it looks like.

 

Minah quickly rescued Miyoung and took her out of the scene.

 

I nudged Sehun. “What are you filming?”

 

He raised an eyebrow. “Oh?” He grabbed my shoulders and leaned down so he can see me on an eye level. “Hyojin-ah”

 

He put his forehead on mine. I tried to pull away but he grabbed my shoulders tighter. He smiled drunkenly. “Why are you so close to me?”

 

Suddenly, Sehun’s also being pulled away from me.

 

But then, he resisted. “Get off me!!! I’ll stay here, you guys can leave!”

 

“We need to get you home, your performance is done”

 

Sehun tried to look composed, it’s obvious that he’s drunk though. “Don’t worry, I can handle myself”

 

Sehun ran towards me. “Hyojin-ah!! They’re dragging me out!!” He pouted

 

Oh no, please don’t use aegyo.

 

The bodyguard looks at me, trying to assess the situation, and maybe half-expecting that I’ll say that I’ll take care of Sehun, uh well, they’re not completely mistaken.

 

“I’ll take care of him”

 

“You hear that?? Hyojin-ah will take care of me!! Go home!!”

 

The bodyguard shrugged and took one last glance at us before exiting the party.

 

Sehun jumped like a little kid. “Yay!! He’s gone!!”

 

I can’t help but to adore this cute side of him. Who would’ve thought that this egoistic brat can be kinda cute?

 

I stared at him looking all happy like his dad just bought him his favorite toy.

 

He held one of my shoulders “I think I’m getting dizz—“

 

He collapsed right at me.

 

Yes, of course, I caught him, but you know this giant’s kinda heavy, so I’m kinda dragging him away from the crowd.

 

“You’ll regret all of this tomorrow, I’m telling you. You’re lucky I didn’t drink! Who will take care of you if not me? I mean I guess your bodyguards will and also they will be doing the same-- dragging you out.” I can’t help but to nag. Why did he drink so much???

 

“Hyojin!! What happened??” Minah hurriedly went to us. Thank God for Minah’s mere existence.

 

“He out. He’s drunk af”

 

“Oh no, should I tell my driver to bring him home or should I let him sleep in one of the guest rooms?”

 

Sehun suddenly woke up, still being carried by me. “I’ll stay!!” Then he put his head down again.

 

Minah shrugged. “Ok then, suit yourself.”

 

“Are you sure he can sleep here?”

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to your ‘potential husband’”

 

I suddenly become embarassed. What if he’s hearing these things?

 

I slapped her arm. “Yah, don’t say that.” I glanced at Sehun to check if he’s still knocked out.

 

Minah chuckled. “Really, don’t worry about it. It’s nothing. He’s my guest anyway. How ‘bout you, do you want to…stay the night?”

 

“ANIYA!!!”

 

“Chill, don’t be so defensive. I’ll help you out.” Minah carried Sehun’s left side while I’m on the right

 

**

 

“I think I’ll leave you two.” Minah winked.

 

I just rolled my eyes. “Whatever”

 

I sat on the side of the bed and looked at Sehun. “You even look good when you sleep, how’s that possible?”

 

He looks majestic, no kidding. He’d be perfect if he wasn’t so full of himself.

 

I was about to leave but then he grabbed my wrist. “Kajima,” he said in a weak voice.

 

I turned back and looked at him. His eyes are still closed. Is he perhaps dreaming??

 

I tried to remove my hand. “I said don’t go”

 

He opened his eyes slowly and then he sat up. He removed his hand from me. “Ugh, my head hurts.”

 

“Should I get you some water?”

 

“Aniya. Gwaenchana.” He motioned me to sit down beside him.

 

I sat down cautiously.

 

“What are you afraid of? Stop thinking of your fantasies.”

 

“I-I’m not!”

 

*Silence*

 

“Why did you drink so much?”

 

There was an awkward pause.

 

“I just wanted to feel…normal”

 

I looked at him sadly. So this is the life of an idol.

 

“We’re always being monitored. To be frank, I found this party to be an escape from my reality. I thought maybe for once I can drink like a normal person.” He laughed, the sad kind of laugh. “This was my first time to be drunk. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad,” he continued.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“Why are you sorry? It’s not like you made me do this. This was my choice anyway. Do I sound pathetic now? I’m sorry, I guess I’m just like that.”

 

“Aniya. You’re not pathetic.”

 

“I wanna be like normal people too. I wanna eat as much carbs as I want, I want to play games all day, I want to drink, I want to...” Sehun looked at me. “…date”

 

My heart thumped the moment he said date. I mean, I know it’s not me he wants to date. That’s absurd. But, for some reason, I felt like he was reaching out to me.

 

Before I can even answer, Sehun’s head was already down. Was he still drunk when he said those??

 

For a moment, all my annoyance vanished. I felt a pang in my chest. I cupped his cheek. “I didn’t know, I’m sorry”

 

Sehun brought his head back up and he opened his eyes a little. He inched closer and closer to my face until our lips touched.

My eyes widened. I wanted to pull away but my body won’t let me. I’m frozen. Not a single body part of me moved, even my lips were frozen.

And then suddenly, Sehun’s hands were holding my face and his lips were moving, trying to get through mine.

I closed my eyes and kissed back. This burning passion and this vague feeling of connection, this sensation, I want to fight it but I can’t.

I put my arms around his shoulders. He gently pushed me to the bed while still kissing me.

He left my lips to go down my neck. I let out a little moan.

And then suddenly he stopped moving.

I blinked several times. What should I do??? Did he fall asleep again?

 

“S-Sehun”

 

*Silence*

 

His arm support collapsed and now he’s lying on top of me. Great.

I carried him again to fix his position. After that, I lied beside him.

 

“What was all of that?”

 

I closed my eyes for a bit.

 

**

 

“Mmm.” I opened my eyes a little.

 

I blinked five times.

 

I rubbed my eyes just to be sure.

 

WHY IS SEHUN BESIDE ME?

 

Sehun slowly opened his eyes.

3

2

1

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH”