chapter 7

the luckiest fangirl?

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME???,” Sehun asked hysterically.

 

“Wow. Maybe you mean what did YOU do to me??”

 

“What????”

 

Someone suddenly knocked. “Can I come in?” That’s Minah’s voice.

 

“Sure,” I asnwered.

 

Minah entered the room, holding a breakfast table, with breakfast of course.

 

“I figured you two didn’t want to be disturbed that’s why I brought this. Things were pretty intense last night.”

 

I asked Minah nervously, “What are you talking about Minah??”

 

“Yeah, did this girl do something to me?!?”

 

Minah coughed while answering, “It’s the opposite”

 

“What was that????” Sehun eyed Minah, looking for answers.

 

OH MY DID MINAH SEE WHAT HAPPENED???

 

“I’m gonna leave~ Call me if you need me, ‘kay?” She winks at me before leaving.

 

THAT WAS SO EMBARASSING

 

*Silence*

 

Sehun cleared his throat. “I’m hungry.”

 

So was he dead drunk last night that he can’t even remember what he did to me???

This jerk.

 

“You really can’t remember anything?”

 

“No, why? Did something happen?” Sehun eyed me suspiciously.

 

If you only knew UGH

 

But it’d be too awkward to say so I’d rather not speak about it.

I shook my head strongly, maybe too strong.

 

He just raised an eyebrow and went on to have a bite of the meal Minah prepared for us. I mean, not Minah, probably the maids made these but well, she’s the one who brought these soooo, yeah, you get my point.

 

**

 

Sehun went home.

I CAN FINALLY BREATHE

 

“YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Or can I?

 

Minah slapped my arms repeatedly. “I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD GIRL”

 

“Oh my god,  don’t tell me you saw it?”

 

“NO!! Not all of it!!! Tell me the details!”

 

“THAT didn’t happen!!! He passed out on me”

 

“OH MY BUT HE WAS ALREADY ON TOP OF YOU AND—“

 

“Can you lower your voice???”

 

“I’m trying to be calm here BUT!!! Oh my gosh, why did he do that???”

 

“I don’t know!!” I plopped down on the sofa and sighed. “He doesn’t even remember anything. For a moment, I thought he was into me”

 

“But what if????”

 

“That’s impossible, I’m just a fangirl.” I stood up and walked to the mirror. I’m still wearing the same dress as yesterday. Ugh, I look ugly.

 

“Look at that mess,” I said sadly

 

Minah stood beside me and fixed my shoulders. “What mess? Stand tall, girl. Go get him!!”

 

**

 

A day later.

 

“OH MY GOD!!! SEHUN KISS—“ I immediately covered Miyoung’s mouth and motioned her to keep quiet.

 

“Can you not???”

 

I’m freaking out!!!! And what he wants to date you??”

 

“No, he didn’t say who. He just said he wanted to date”

 

“But he kiss—“

 

“Please stop mentioning that part. He doesn’t even remember. What if all that he said during those drunk moments were lies? I mean, I don’t care, it’s not like he said that he wants to date me, that’s impossible!!”

 

“But I can sense that you’re hoping. You’re hoping that it’s you he wants to date.”

 

“Well, that’s natural. I’m a fangirl. And you know I’ve been a fan since pre-debut days. All my life, he has been my ideal guy, uh, well, I mean, not anymore, but still!!!”

 

“Oh stop, not anymore??? You expect me to believe that? After seeing your frustration because Sehun doesn’t remember a thing about that night?”

 

“You’re making it sound like…uhm…you know”

 

“Well, that was about to happen that night! And you didn’t even flinch, sis!!”

 

“Uh well, I just…got caught in the moment”

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh !!!,” she exclaimed then pointed at something.

 

I followed the direction she was pointing and I saw…

 

SEHUN

 

“He’s coming this way!!! Quick, do I look pretty?”

 

She rolled her eyes again. “And you say you don’t like him anymore? Tch. I’ll leave you two to talk. TALK. Don’t leave your post!”

 

“Wait,  before you leave, you don’t remember what you did to Jongin that night?”

 

Her eyes widened. “W-What do you mean?,” she asked nervously.

 

I smirked. “Nevermind. I must say, we’re really best friends.”

 

She looks confused af. I wanna laugh.

 

Sehun cleared his throat. “Excuse me, miss.”

 

I nervously looked at him. “Y-Yes…sir???”

 

“Oh, hi, Ms. Stalker. Is Sohee in there?”

 

OF COURSE HE WAS LOOKING FOR SOHEE. DID I EXPECT THAT HE WANTS TO TALK TO ME??? OF COURSE NOT.

 

“Why don’t you just call her and ask her???”

 

“Why do I sense jealousy there? Do you want me to ask her to punish you for that behavior?”

 

“Well, entertaining her visitors is not my job so you can’t really threaten me with that”

 

“Threaten you with what?” I shivered upon hearing the voice. It was Sohee’s.

 

“Nothing, ma’am. This guy was just looking—“ She exits before I can even finish the sentence. What a .

 

“Brb.” Sehun winked.

 

My jaw dropped. What was that wink for??? Why’s he flirting with me??

 

NO. THAT WAS FANSERVICE

Please stop being delusional, Hyojin.

 

“YAH!!!” I saw Miyoung running towards me

 

She was panting while holding my shoulders. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner???”

 

“About…THE KISS????” I burst out laughing. “We’re lucky because we had that chance”

 

“OH MY GOD HOW CAN I EVEN FACE KAI NOW?? I mean, we’re not even friends to begin with!! But how can we be friends now??”

 

“You know, Jongin’s a very kind guy. Far different from Sehun, so I’m sure he’ll understand.” I laughed again. Now it was her turn to panic.

 

She sighed. “I’m doomed.”

 

Her mood suddenly changed. “But wait, what happened while I was gone? I saw the getting in between”

 

“Well, apparently, Sehun wants to see her.”

 

“And you’re just gonna wait here??? You’ll just wait until your man is taken away from you??”

 

“My man??? Excuse me, I know my place already. I have nothing to do with him.”

 

“Just go, it’s our last day in this post anyway”

 

Uhh true.

 

Tomorrow, we’ll be rotating to our next post, which is chemistry. We’ll be just inside, less interaction with patients. We’ll be doing more of the lab work, like uhm, testing samples, you know, things like that. In my post now, we just release results, accept specimens, and extract blood from patients on the out-patient department.

 

“Fine, I’ll go. But only because I’m curious, ok? I’m not jealous or anything.”

 

“I didn’t say anything about being jealous???”

 

“Oh, yeah. That was Sehun awhile ago.”

 

“WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY? HE’S MAKING YOU JEALOUS??”

 

“ANI!!! I should leave.”

 

I decided to get some doctor’s requests from the warding box so that if they catch me, it’ll look like I’m just doing my job.

 

“Jiyong-ah, I’ll do the warding,” I tell our other postmate while he’s busy logging the requests on the logbook.

 

“Ah. Neh. Gomawoyo?”

 

He looks confused because I suddenly wanted to go to the ward. Well, I just go there if I’m assigned and I never volunteer so you know, that’s why.

 

**

 

I don’t know where they are but whatever.

 

I was about to go upstairs but then I heard a voice. “…not to get involved!”

 

“I can’t…..you know how much………..”

 

What are they talking about? I can’t fully hear them. I stepped closer and closer to the voice. I think they’re behind the stairs.

 

Then suddenly, Sohee walked out from behind the stairs. Both of our eyes widened. She fiercely grabbed my shoulders. “Were you eavesdropping???”

 

“A-Aniyo. I was about to go upstairs”

 

Sehun removed her hands from me. “Did you hear anything?,” Sehun asked

 

I shook my head nervously.

 

“Good.” Sehun grabbed Sohee’s arm and then they left.

 

What was that about???